• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think the race is over. We blew it against Fulham and Villa.

Interesting. Guess who predicted Arsenal to finish 2nd in pre season? Moi.

You had us down for first, If I remember correctly.

You should stick with the courage of your convictions!

Reactions: A_G

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Why didn't they schedule Sp**s city game this midweek? Not a big difference to next week but still.

They could have totally rescheduled it earlier as well like instead of Chelsea vs Sp**s when it would have been much different

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

We're winning this title.

I feel it in my bones. Anyone want to make a bet with me? I'll give my avatar and user line if anyone wants to take me up on it.

I feel good. I feel indestructible. It's going to happen!!!

I’ve had the opposite feeling for a while, gut feeling is the same as last season and that we’ll fall short. Gut feeling for next season is we win it, gut feeling when we lost back to back games was we’ll score more goals than last season.

So it had nothing to do with already having the likes of De Bruyne and Aguero already there? When you have a stacked squad you don't need to spend as much money, just need to replace a few weaker positions. That's why Pep could spend ridiculous amounts on just fullbacks early on. If he had to do that across the whole team he would be spending billions. We had to buy a whole team because we didn't have the luxury of having players like Kompany, David Silva, Yaya Toure already in place, hence why going back to 2008 (when you were taken over) is more appropriate time line.

But you knew that and wanted to just spout bullshit as usual. Enjoy your success because sooner rather than later your club will go down.
We finished 4th in the team he took over and that was in one of the weakest PL seasons ever when Leicester won it on a low points total yes he had kompany who was good but mostly injured. Toure was past his best. David silva I agree great player was lucky to have him same with Aguero and KDB who was good at the time but Pep made him great. We had also the oldest squad in the PL so it’s not totally true that he walked in a stacked ready made squad.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
They could have totally rescheduled it earlier as well like instead of Chelsea vs Sp**s when it would have been much different
I think they have to reschedule postponed games in the order they were originally to be played. Chelsea v Sp**s was earlier than Sp**s v City game so they had to play that one first.
Why didn't they schedule Sp**s city game this midweek? Not a big difference to next week but still.
They announced the rescheduled dates while City still were in the CL. Considering CL semi's were scheduled for this midweek I'm guessing in case City got through they couldn't use this date.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I think they have to reschedule postponed games in the order they were originally to be played. Chelsea v Sp**s was earlier than Sp**s v City game so they had to play that one first.
Odd though that our game against Chelsea was played before their Sp**s one even though it was originally scheduled for March 16, and Sp**s was supposed to be February 23.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Odd though that our game against Chelsea was played before their Sp**s one even though it was originally scheduled for March 16, and Sp**s was supposed to be February 23.
Hmm, that is odd indeed. They are meant to try play the older fixtures first but other things probably come in consideration. Like if we played chelsea when we played Sp**s they possibly had to move more games.

Either that or maybe it is really a big conspiracy to make sure we don't win the title.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

We don t have to worry about City's result against Sp**s. I am sure Fulham will beat them. See Wolves beat City at home 2-1 and the lost to City 5-1, City defeated Fulham 5-1 at home. Away they will lose 2-1. We will beat Man U and Everton and will lift the 14th. Eddie will score the final goal of the season against Everton.
Ok, I started buying into your vision until you went a bit off-piste there

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We finished 4th in the team he took over and that was in one of the weakest PL seasons ever when Leicester won it on a low points total yes he had kompany who was good but mostly injured. Toure was past his best. David silva I agree great player was lucky to have him same with Aguero and KDB who was good at the time but Pep made him great. We had also the oldest squad in the PL so it’s not totally true that he walked in a stacked ready made squad.
Pep took over a team who just 2 years earlier had won the double, in fact in the previous 5 years before he arrived City had won a total of 2 premier leagues, 2 league cups and an fa cup. He arrived with an already stacked squad containing some of world's best players in their respective positions. Kompany, De Bruyne, David Silva, Yaya Toure, Aguero, Tevez etc. Stop trying to make out Guardiola took over Burnley and made them champions on a tight budget.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Even if Sp**s are fired up and start well scoring a goal or two early, cant see them holding the lead or tie. It will have to be one of those miracolous games where city miss about 30 shots. Cant see them doing that given the context.

fute

591f0e7b-a562-4abf-bc2c-9a317a94c75d_text.gif

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The worry for me is not the United game itself, but rather the pressure going into the United game.

If Fulham hold City back in any way on Saturday, then the pressure on our boys will be massive. And the last time we were in that situation, the Villa home game, we were not able to deliver.

If Fulham do help us and we do get through United, then I think we will do it on the last day.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
We need better rotation for next season. Players who can come in and produce no drop in our baseline performance level. That will dictate whether we win the league.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
We need better rotation for next season. Players who can come in and produce no drop in our baseline performance level. That will dictate whether we win the league.
Yeah I think it's hard to blame Arteta for not rotating as much in the end. Yes you could say he should have already secured second string signings he trusted, but I think our league position shows it was good spend. If we keep going as we are going, we are one efficient finish away from having won the title.

The bottom line is many of us distrust the back-ups to get the job done too, and I strongly don't think (as much as I love him as a player), ESR in for Ødegaard over 6 games even keeps us in our current position. Building takes time, and I think we may just need that one more summer.

Thankfully, we will get it.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom