• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2023/24: Our Race Is Run

Where do we finish in 23/24?

• Total voters

MATHEO

Sp**s are terrible, they're getting battered regardless of whether they choose to have integrity and fight for the points or not

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
There's an aura of supervillain with City that I didn't quite fully understand when my Scouse mates were talking about it.

It's not just that they've cheated their way to inevitability, but some stuff they had going for them these past years are unbelievable. That Stones goal-line clearance, the Kompany xG 0.001 wonder strike vs Leicester.

And now just recently all of City, Arsenal, and Liverpool had to play Aston Villa. Guess which game Villa has the most injury-ridden squad and Emery decides to practically gift the game by playing B team?

I don't know. It does sound like quite a feat piping them to the title.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Can't count on them being punished for the charges so I do hope that at some point their team won't have the energy to go for another title challenge. Even Pep can't motivate them forever. I mean what's left to do after winning it 4 times in a row?

Topside

I would say as well in the unlikely event MC are demoted, fined or even deducted points it simply knocks them back a year, with a clean slate.

The foundations of the house are built and it simply knocks a couple of slates off the roof that are replaced.

In recent years they have turned over huge revenues and have a low net spend, sold players for great fees examples Sterling 49m, Trafford 19m and a lad to Southampton 12m who has hardly played for them!

Tnegs

I would say as well in the unlikely event MC are demoted, fined or even deducted points it simply knocks them back a year, with a clean slate.

The foundations of the house are built and it simply knocks a couple of slates off the roof that are replaced.

In recent years they have turned over huge revenues and have a low net spend, sold players for great fees examples Sterling 49m, Trafford 19m and a lad to Southampton 12m who has hardly played for them!
It’s like if Pablo Escobar bought Apple back in the 90s no doubt it would be funded by cocaine money but you would still need to grow it into what it has become which is no easy feat. The Emirates folks have done the best job out of any of the big spenders in building that club up to what it is.

I think them being hit by strong penalties of some sort would cause Pep to leave and end that era allowing the league to be more competitive again. There are more than enough teams going for the title for it to be exciting again without 1 team dominating it.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If they're found guilty then surely those revenues would tumble? Part of these allegations are that a very small percentage of these deals are paid by the respective companies and then topped up by the City owners.

No CL / EPL broadcasting would be critical too. I think they'd go back to pre Guardiola levels.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Can't count on them being punished for the charges so I do hope that at some point their team won't have the energy to go for another title challenge. Even Pep can't motivate them forever. I mean what's left to do after winning it 4 times in a row?

People said the same thing after the treble. Meanwhile they can win the double again the year after.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Not sure if this is good or bad for us.

Dude looks like he has learning difficulties in this picture.

Or maybe just a thousand yard stare at what’s before him…

Topside

People said the same thing after the treble. Meanwhile they can win the double again the year after.
Have to also say they only themselves to blame for not putting away RM in the CL, should of won in normal time 2nd leg. It could of easily been MC on for back to back trebles which would of been insane.

I like an occasional punt pre season had 20 euro on RM to win CL 8/1 decent price considering their history in the tournament and having a lot of class young players.

MC were 5/2 favourites CL before a ball was kicked, never seen a team that short to win Europes top prize. Even days peak Messi Barcelona were always 4/1 minimum!

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

Well Celtic did it 10 times in a row didn't they?

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

TBF they are well managed and United have spent more than them building their joke team. Their talent ID has been very good. They are trying to be a little less cheaty now by balancing the books. They built a great youth set up too. Guardiola is obviously a great manager.

The hope is they start to make more mistakes in the transfer market. Phillips for £50m was poor, as was Nunes for £60m. Doku might have been 1 who wasn't yet ready for a big club. Obviously we could do with getting a mega star forward and a top class left 8. I reckon this Arsenal team has the potential to do a 100 point season ourselves and leave them in the dust.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
TBF they are well managed and United have spent more than them building their joke team. Their talent ID has been very good. They are trying to be a little less cheaty now by balancing the books. They built a great youth set up too. Guardiola is obviously a great manager.

The hope is they start to make more mistakes in the transfer market. Phillips for £50m was poor, as was Nunes for £60m. Doku might have been 1 who wasn't yet ready for a big club. Obviously we could do with getting a mega star forward and a top class left 8. I reckon this Arsenal team has the potential to do a 100 point season ourselves and leave them in the dust.
Yeah, we are very close. Just need some proper quality squad depth in some positions & a clinical striker & we will be an even stronger team.

This summer is pivotal. We need to get it right.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Leno is a good keeper, was quality here before his injury in 2020.

Is he good enough to start for a title winning team, no...is he a keeper good enough to pull off a world class game every now and then, yes.

Lets see what a former Arsenal Community Shield winner can do for us!

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal is in my blood as well as my heart. I will always, always, always remember you guys. I said I was going to be a Gooner for life and I did not lie because when you are a Gooner, you will always be a Gooner. This club is in my heart and will remain in my heart forever.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom