• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pundits and their wisdom

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think Ferdinand, Ballack and Hoddle are probably the best pundits.

Ferdinand isn't long out of the game and is genuinely honest with everything he says. He has no bias towards anyone. Ballack is just class and Hoddle although from a different era definitely has a soft spot for Arsenal, as does Souness.

The thing they all have in common is that they are not overly critical and can actually step back from a situation and see it from another point of view.

People used to rave about Neville, but the only positive thing he had to say was how Azpilacueta was the best defender in the league. Everyone on match of the day is awful bar Keown and Kompany when he is a guest. I liked Seedorf and Henry is just too good a player to have as a pundit. It's like having Zidane, Ronadinho or Ronaldo as a pundit. He doesn't know what to say to anything he watches because in his mind, he can't fathom why forwards miss opportunities as he rarely did.
Agree with this. Ballack was a breath of fresh air when he did the World Cup for ESPN a few years ago. I will always love him for subtly destroying the annoying little ginger wankstain Alexi Lalas who never accomplished anything. For those of you unfamiliar with him imagine the ginger American central defender version of Michael Owen without any of the footballing ability. Ferdinand is genuinely nice to watch as well because as you say it's just pure analysis without a bias or the need to fabricate anything. I think it's a dreadful shame that Henry is such a shill for the network. You would think someone of his pedigree would have the confidence to say what he really feels and not worry about fitting in with lesser beings.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Mills is a clown

he wrote this about the Messi ,Suarez penalty

"He also criticised the midfielder for his failed attempt with Thierry Henry to pass the ball into the back of the net from a penalty.

Strangely, though Mills labelled that penalty "disrespectful" he said Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi's succesful attempt at the same spot kick "encapsulated not only what a gracious, unselfish player the Argentina forward is, but what a wonderful, inventive team the Spanish champions are."

Thats how much a clown **** he is .

Bearded Toaster

Equally angry as Furious
I had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting ferdinand once.... what a complete tosser he was and still is! He was walking past a pub with his 2 mates/entourage where we were having a birthday celebration for one of our mates, someone went out and asked if he'd come in and wish my mate happy birthday. He came in and instantly walked around the pub like he owned the place and expected all the women there to go flocking to him and his 2 boyfriends, when they all got no attention from the women he started to try act all tough etc, even eyeballing me at one point so I just called him a prick and carried on drinking my drink and carried on ignoring him like everyone was. He left not long after that. We all had a good laugh about it in the pub too.

Saw an article what dipstick mills said yesterday along with the penalty regarding messi etc. He said and I quote "Pires brought diving to the premier league"!! Couldn't stop laughing then thought to myself.... wasn't it klinsmann for the spuds who brought the diving?

owen, townsend, wilkins, redknapp, ferdinand, collymore on 5 live I think it is = MUTED TV or RADIO OFF

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Mills was no saint, Pires was a terrible diver as was Ljungberg. However first player to introduce diving to league? No. There were at least three players before him in Klinsmann, Ginola and Owen that were awful divers before Pires.
There were loads of English assholes diving all over the place long before the Premiership was formed. Not having a go at you but I didn't think people were still buying this Johnny Foreigner horseshit these days.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
There were loads of English assholes diving all over the place long before the Premiership was formed. Not having a go at you but I didn't think people were still buying this Johnny Foreigner horseshit these days.

I wouldn't be at all surprised that were players who dived before the premier league was formed (before my time really) but the three players I mentioned are the earliest memories I have of players that did it often before Pires.

JackTheHack

The original Vardy... 'In the 1971–72 season, Francis Lee set a British record for the number of penalties scored in a season, with 15 of his 35 goals scored from the penalty spot. Many of the penalties resulted from fouls on Lee, earning him the nickname Lee One Pen. Some journalists, holding the opinion that Lee gained a number of penalties by diving, used the name Lee Won Pen instead.'

GDeep™

League is very weak
English players were diving in the 70's.

Mills had issues with Pires back in the day, so no surprise to see him coming out with this crap.

Absolute ******, rubbish RB, bit of a wannabe hardman who got put on his arse by foreign lads who could play football.

Has a face made for a glass bottle.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Mills is right about Stuart Pearce though, a shocking shocking manager.

Pearce would have been local commander of the National Front or Edl if he couldn't play football.

adpree

Have you guys heard Mills' latest piece of punditry?

Apparently it was Robert Pires who was responsible for bringing diving to English shores.

There's a thread about this on RedCafe and some poster there posted a GIF of Danny Mills taking a dive against Brazil in the 2002 WC.

Haven't you heard ? everything bad that has happened in English Football has been because of Wenger's Arsenal.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Wow, it seems like LVG decision to sub a goalkeeper which was hailed as genius by United fans, is nothing compared to what the ultra genius of Psycho Pearce did then.

He put a goalkeeper to play in striker position. Talk about the quality of English managers !
:lol:

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Agree with this. Ballack was a breath of fresh air when he did the World Cup for ESPN a few years ago. I will always love him for subtly destroying the annoying little ginger wankstain Alexi Lalas who never accomplished anything. For those of you unfamiliar with him imagine the ginger American central defender version of Michael Owen without any of the footballing ability. Ferdinand is genuinely nice to watch as well because as you say it's just pure analysis without a bias or the need to fabricate anything. I think it's a dreadful shame that Henry is such a shill for the network. You would think someone of his pedigree would have the confidence to say what he really feels and not worry about fitting in with lesser beings.

I honestly feel Thierry is really lazy, probably approached punditry with the mindset that he was the best and people would listen to whatever he said because he's Thierry Henry.

Probably doesn't have much humility which is why he was as good as he was.

Bould14

Mills is horrible. Talks out of his arse you can tell he is doing that because he is either sour or wants a radio gig.

Alan Shearer is also pretty bad at times. Thierry Henry as well. With those two you can tell the game came naturally to them because their analysis at times is very lacking.

In America you have Alexi Lalas who you wonder how he became a GM of a team besides being a well-known American player.

Top Bottom