• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: The Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
Was he "fantastic" though, really?

Holding was a bright spark in an otherwise dire position (centre-back) for us. Think he has shown he is worth developing. I personally think he should be a third-choice option and those expecting him to be the bonafide starter around whom we will build our future defence will soon find themselves frustrated by his progress (or lack thereof, in their eyes).

Last edited:

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Think he is another player Emery wants to develop and make him first choice in few years.

Hopefully he will come back stronger from his injury.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Please come back the same. Outlook is considerably brighter. No coincidence our form fell way off when he got injured. The difference.
Both the Holding and Bellerin losses were gutting. We might still have pulled off a top four finish, if Ramsey also didn't go down.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Absolutely. Think we would have finished 4th if all those remained fit (and won the Europa).

We were only one point off 4th anyway. Holding and Bellerin would have secured 3rd no problem and prevented the Emery hate mob from rearing their ugly heads!

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
We got Sokratis for £17.6 million. He's decent.

Sokratis is definitely a decent defender. There are always bargains to be had. Even then we had to compromise on certain criteria to get him. He was on his last year of contract and 30 years old. Liverpool got Robertson for 8m only 2 years ago, so it's definitely possible.

I'm talking more as a general rule. In the past (quite recently actually) £20m would have got you a world class defender. Now it's the asking price for the Soyuncus or Dalots, players who haven't even showed they can reach decent levels.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So Holding from memory was pretty good before injury.

Hope he develops into the player Bould believes he'll be.

Does Sokratis-Holding work?

Bellerin-Sokratis-Holding-Tierney

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
We never lost one match that Holding played in last season.

This included such results as

Beating
Fulham 5-1
Leciester 3-1
Watford 2-0
Sp**s 4-2
Everton 2-0

Kept clean sheets in 3 of the 4 of the EL matches he played in.

Whilst also drawing with Utd and Liverpool.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I know he’s not likely to be fit for the start of the season but does anyone know any sort of time frame as to when he might be fit? Sooner than Bellerin maybe?

I love this lad to bits. Was well on the way to having a breakout year.

ptrcopp

I know he’s not likely to be fit for the start of the season but does anyone know any sort of time frame as to when he might be fit? Sooner than Bellerin maybe?

I love this lad to bits. Was well on the way to having a breakout year.

It was December when he was injured and it was put at up to 9 months, but he was back in training earlier than expected so may be ready for the start of the season. Failing that, one would imagine by Sept.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Is it just me or does this lad seem much older than he is. I don't mean that he is finished I mean he shows maturity beyond his years on the pitch. Absolutely loved it when he gave Costa mouthful in the final a couple of years back.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Is it just me or does this lad seem much older than he is. I don't mean that he is finished I mean he shows maturity beyond his years on the pitch. Absolutely loved it when he gave Costa mouthful in the final a couple of years back.
I'm sure the Bolton youth system toughens 'em up pretty fast, and Holding joined it when he was 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom