• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla: My Friend, Is Adios, No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goon_si

Back in the day Arsenal losing a technical progressive passing midfielder would have been annoying but ok. We had loads of those.

It's like I blinked and now our midfield is full of cloggers. We literally have two CM's with the required technical ability. TWO!

Was just about to post that. We lack technical players, strong on the ball and with good composure all around, to be honest. We have to regularly field Chamberlain, Theo, Coquelin (don't have anything against him but in certain situations he's useless), Elneny, Ramsey, etc. It's very hard to be strong in possession with so many limited players.

Most beautiful football this season was played when we fielded Alexis, Iwobi, Özil and Santi, so 4/6 players in midfield or attack which are superb on the ball. Crucially an elite distributor linking defense and attack.

I really hope Xhaka can step it up. Without we'll continue seeing this mess. I don't see anyone else out of our healthy CM options being able to do so.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

To be, or not to be--that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep--
No more--and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--
To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th' unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprise of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action. -- Soft you now,
The fair Ophelia! -- Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remembered.

Last edited:

Polar Bear

Very disappointing news about Santi, 3 months is a long time, and we know its not 3 months with Arsenal!! it never is. 3 months = 6/7 months with our club. Big loss.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Santi being out is a blow but I'm positive about this season since we have depth with Xhaka, Elneny and even Zelalem or Jeff coming in. I firmly believe we have the resources to minimize the loss of Santi. If Wenger would/should come up with a new midfield structure building it on Xhaka.

We definitely have options and there will be one emerging that we haven't thought about .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Was just about to post that. We lack technical players, strong on the ball and with good composure all around, to be honest. We have to regularly field Chamberlain, Theo, Coquelin (don't have anything against him but in certain situations he's useless), Elneny, Ramsey, etc. It's very hard to be strong in possession with so many limited players.

Most beautiful football this season was played when we fielded Alexis, Iwobi, Özil and Santi, so 4/6 players in midfield or attack which are superb on the ball. Crucially an elite distributor linking defense and attack.

I really hope Xhaka can step it up. Without we'll continue seeing this mess. I don't see anyone else out of our healthy CM options being able to do so.

On the wings we did but in the middle of the park we always had only one , Vieira , Fabregas once they went down we struggled . We actually have more now than we did then .

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
To be, or not to be--that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep--
No more--and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--
To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th' unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprise of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action. -- Soft you now,
The fair Ophelia! -- Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remembered.
To be fair the lad was pretty depressed. His father just died and his mother ran off to marry his uncle Claudius the first chance she got. To make matters worse, his dad's ghost showed up and told him that his uncle had murdered him to steal his crown.

Great stirring speech for match day @Tir Na Nog

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Arsène confirmed today the additional year option on Santi's contract.

I love Santi, one of my favourite players and embodies everything that makes this the beautiful game. If I'm ever lucky enough to have grandchildren, I will tell them about the footballer so gifted, nobody knows if his left or right foot is his best asset.

Want him to stay around, but it would be best if he moves to a club like Juventus where his football life expectancy would be much higher than with us.

skip spence

Still down about this.

It's like losing a girl that you always knew was amazing but eventually started to take for granted and began to entertain the idea that other lasses perhaps can do it just as well or better. But when the bird has flown you realize just how special she really was: no matter who you try out instead you're still left feeling short and hollow. :(

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Depending on 31 (soon to be 32 y/o) midfielder history of achilles problems to have an actual functioning midfield as he is your only good CM is where the problem is.
According to several reports I've read this Achilles problem is new this year.

Do you have a source for this 'history of Achilles problems'?

YaGunnersYa

Can probably rely on a 31yr old Cazorla to stay fit longer than Wilshere IMO.

Who would we get to succeed Santi though? James?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Still down about this.

It's like losing a girl that you always knew was amazing but eventually started to take for granted and began to entertain the idea that other lasses perhaps can do it just as well or better. But when the bird has flown you realize just how special she really was: no matter who you try out instead you're still left feeling short and hollow. :(

You bastard.

Why did you have to put it like that? Too close to home ffs

SYS

"Santi has six months left and we have an option,” Wenger said.

“The decision on him will be taken in January. No, it does not depend on his fitness. It's my decision only. Santi is an exceptional player and it's just for him to be capable to play.

“The dressing room needs a balance between experienced and youth team players. You needed to be guided as well by some experienced players when you go through difficult times. They help you always keep your feet on the ground and keep focused.”

Bendtneer

Santi Cazorla is our best Midfield player make no mistake about it.He is the most underrated player in the Premier league.He was playing the world cup finals when mata n cesc couldn't make the bench it is very important to give him a new contract.Arsène must learn from his mistake he let Vieira go for a 17 year old kid.Then he let Gilberto,flamini n diarra go without replacing them.We are still paying the price 12 years n counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom