• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla: My Friend, Is Adios, No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Isco or Bernado Silva please.

We have a serious lack of technical players. Cazorla was never a CM anyway, time to actually start building a balanced, functional squad.

Tbf Cazorla was very dominant in Central midfield there is a reason that Özil hasn't been great lately.

BBF

Huge loss, but the season's practically over. I don't begrudge the contract either, you should stay loyal to your important players.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The wizard of Oz would be a good thread title. Not sure when we'll be seeing him again.
That would be a great name . . . . if he was Australian. :lol:

How about 'El mago con dos pies' (the wizard with two feet). ;)

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

That would be a great name . . . . if he was Australian. :lol:

How about 'El mago con dos pies' (the wizard with two feet). ;)
I was referring more to the fact that Dorothy spends ages looking for the wizard of Oz (like we are waiting for Santi to return), expecting him to solve all her problems. Eventually when she does find him he's not the exact fix to her problems but he somewhat helps (SantiCoq isn't perfect but it's just about functional).

Preacher

Always Crying
In two recent seasons he played 23 of 76 available EPL games(~30%).
8 of 16 available CL games. Missed both last-16 ties.

We can't rely on him anymore. The same situation as with Wilshere. He needs full season to prove his fitness first, until then he is squad player. Shame, that his age isn't on his side.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I see why he is the little magician he is very good at disappearing.

WhatAFC

Old and brittle and yet he got a new contract...

If he was so good that yall think he is The heavyhitters would have snaggad him from us years ago imo

I can never be comfortable with a player like him being hagel responsible for our defense
He didn't get a new contract. He had an option on his current contract to extend for 1 more season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Joke of a situation, charity fc giving old man no ankles a new deal has to be up there with our worst ever business.

Told you guys before. We should have sold him last summer.

Think he could have extended his career(playing football/not getting money for rehabilitation) and we could have done something different than started the season with Coquelin-Cazorla partnership which is below average midfield.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think it makes little difference if Wenger goes. He'll probably spend the last season improving the quality of training sessions and getting next to no playing time.

If Wenger stays then it will probably stop us buying someone we need

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Told you guys before. We should have sold him last summer.

Because you knew he was going to get injured?

Selling him made no sense because we are a far better side with him in it then we are without him.

Imagine the uproar if Wenger had of sold Santi in the summer because he was worried he might have gotten injured this season :lol:

Because you knew he was going to get injured?

I knew nothing mate, I'm not a witch. But I did have a feeling and concerns back in August/September after he suffered big injury and is not the most athletic player, to play in midfield.

Cazorla fitness will remain concern, I would use him in the amc position when we need to rest Özil!

Cazorla is neither young or athletic to cope with modern game in the midfield.

He has never been athletic and now asked to be in deep midfield in modern game. Brutal!

His legs were done before the injury too.

He is old mate. Time to put him down.

maxresdefahhult.jpg

I think most fans would understand that we can build better function midfield than Coquelin-Cazorla and that Cazorla could prolong his football career in Spanish/Italy league.

Would you like to rely on Cazorla-Coquelin partnership going into next season?

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
I knew nothing mate, I'm not a witch. But I did have a feeling and concerns back in August/September after he suffered big injury and is not the most athletic player, to play in midfield.

If you wanted to sell him because his legs had gone in the sense that he's not quick/fit enough to last, I strongly dispute that. He is technically and mentally brilliant, if fit he comes straight into our side and we are a far better side for it.

If you wanted to sell him because his legs had gone in the sense that you felt his body would fall apart, I don't think that is very realistic. Imagine Wenger coming out last season and saying that despite being fit, we are selling Santi because we are worried he'd get injured again. Fans would have lost it, he's that important of a player and that hard to replace that you roll the dice in that situation every time.

The issue with Santi has been that no one else stood up in his absence. Xhaka, Elneny and Ramsey have all been average, that's been the problem. If just one of those players actually stood up, we wouldn't be so dependant on Santi coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom