• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
We can debate Gallas maybe. You can piss off with Vermaelen, he was rancid.

EDIT: You can forget Merts too. No Kos, he would have been Silvestre level.

Vermaelen was very good and overall a succes in his first 3 seasons or so.

Lmao. So? In fact Kos was the one proffiting the most of Per, when he first joined us because it was Per/Verm starting while Kos was riding the bench for a period in the 11/12 season. Kos was a headless chicken for a long period until Der Furher took hold of him.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
I'm not arguing about this, tbf. The basic point is Wenger's cb is shocking and that still stands.

Reactions: BBF

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
TV was never a good defender for Arsenal. Ferocious shot and a knack of popping up with a header now and again masked a multitude of sins. Add to that his 'Verminator' tag and it was sausage fest over him. Reckless knob.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Verm definitely wasn't a success. From my memory it was one strong season, an injured season and he looked average from there on.

Per has been a much better signing.

Furious

Yeah okay, a guy starting 4 seasons straight for us wasn't a succes.. :lol::lol::lol:

You lot crack me up at times.

Furious

His record of not losing doesn't mean anything, all it says is that he was injured when we played tough away games and lost.

He has been a good buy, yes, but not because some random stat says so.

Nah it's all about the record. If it wasn't for the record he wouldn't be a good buy because that's what the record says, obviously.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Yeah okay, a guy starting 4 seasons straight for us wasn't a succes.. :lol::lol::lol:

You lot crack me up at times.
I see your point, though I find it strange how you mark Vermaelen as a success when you're happy to slag off some of our current players who are at the very least at the same level.

Furious

I see your point, though I find it strange how you mark Vermaelen as a success when you're happy to slag off some of our current players who are at the very least at the same level.

Let me guess, the better than Kante guy?

And I'm not even saying that Verm was great, however he was good enough to play for the team we had back then.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When you consider when and what circumstances he was signed under, and his basic level of play, Vermaelen was a good signing.

Didn't work out for many reasons but overall it was good pick up by Wenger.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Wenger chose Vermaelen over Vertonghen and Alderweireld.

Seriously though, he had a few good moments here but for a defender he was better attacking than he was defending which is erm, bad.

Vertonghen and him were at a similar level when they both first arrived in the PL and the Sp**s clown only started playing above his level when Poch arrived at the club, which is another thing you have to consider when rating defenders here. They have a far harder job than their fellow defenders who are playing under better coaches.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger chose Vermaelen over Vertonghen and Alderweireld.

Seriously though, he had a few good moments here but for a defender he was better attacking than he was defending which is erm, bad.

Vertonghen and him were at a similar level when they both first arrived in the PL and the Sp**s clown only started playing above his level when Poch arrived at the club, which is another thing you have to consider when rating defenders here. They have a far harder job than their fellow defenders who are playing under better coaches.

No, Vertonghan bottled the move.

Godwin1

Very well-known
We sold him for a profit amazingly, you could say he was a good signing factoring that in. On the pitch wasn't great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom