• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Vermaelen was practically injured for 2 of the 5 seasons he was here. I wouldn't call his spell with us a success.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
So, let's turn it around then; Messi and Neymar weren't succeses because shower of ****es such as Alexis and Pedro, but because they scored a lot! :lol: Seriously, how the hell was he not a success relative to the fee, our ambitions, and all that? He even captained the team ffs! I'm mentioning the other players because Verm clearly was the best of the lot, how, just how was he not a succes? Is Alexis not a succes then? Well, that's your problem then, you even said that he definitely wasn't a success, so you're traking back now.
Who's backtracking (assuming that's what you meant)? I still don't consider him a success. 5 seasons here - one was very good, one was injury ravaged, two were below average and also involved injuries, and in his last season he was dropped. I definitely would not consider that a successful spell.

I don't even get what you're saying with your first point. I'm talking about Sanchez at Arsenal - he's successful, regardless of his partners, because his productivity is outstanding. If Hazard was on the other flank instead of Walcott, he'd still be fantastic. He's elite by the leagues standards. Vermaelen in comparison was not, he was just better than his **** defensive partners, which isn't enough to be considered successful.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Who's backtracking (assuming that's what you meant)? I still don't consider him a success. 5 seasons here - one was very good, one was injury ravaged, two were below average and also involved injuries, and in his last season he was dropped. I definitely would not consider that a successful spell.

I don't even get what you're saying with your first point. I'm talking about Sanchez at Arsenal - he's successful, regardless of his partners, because his productivity is outstanding. If Hazard was on the other flank instead of Walcott, he'd still be fantastic. He's elite by the leagues standards. Vermaelen in comparison was not, he was just better than his **** defensive partners, which isn't enough to be considered successful.

Yes, you. With the definitely not success line, and then you went on to almost agree with me but because I apparently arrogantly dismiss your poor soul you wouldn't want to agree anyway! :lol:

And if Messi and Neymar were here, he would ride the bench like at Barca, and thus not be a success.... :eek: Vermaelen was starting for a top 4 team and was our best CB for a few seasons, thus he was one of the best by league standards as well ffs. So again, how the hell was our best CB, captain and leader not a success?!? :lol:

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Yes, you. With the definitely not success line, and then you went on to almost agree with me but because I apparently arrogantly dismiss your poor soul you wouldn't want to agree anyway! :lol:

And if Messi and Neymar were here, he would ride the bench like at Barca, and thus not be a success.... :eek: Vermaelen was starting for a top 4 team and was our best CB for a few seasons, thus he was one of the best by league standards as well ffs. So again, how the hell was our best CB, captain and leader not a success?!? :lol:
When did I almost agree with you then? I said I'm not that far off you, because I don't think he was a disaster, but maintained that he wasn't a success. You just like twisting things.

WTF kind of argument is that? Again, your 'starter' logic leads me to believe that Almunia had three successful seasons at Arsenal, since he was the best we had. He was our best in a bleak defensive period for the club. We've recently had Arteta and Per captain while both were weak performers for us (or riding the bench), being captain isn't a metric of performance or success ffs.

You just love inserting a petty argument against Sanchez in any post you arsehole :lol:

Furious

When did I almost agree with you then? I said I'm not that far off you, because I don't think he was a disaster, but maintained that he wasn't a success. You just like twisting things.

WTF kind of argument is that? Again, your 'starter' logic leads me to believe that Almunia had three successful seasons at Arsenal, since he was the best we had. He was our best in a bleak defensive period for the club. We've recently had Arteta and Per captain while both were weak performers for us (or riding the bench), being captain isn't a metric of performance or success ffs.

You just love inserting a petty argument against Sanchez in any post you arsehole :lol:

Of course getting captaincy means you're successful ffs?? :lol: Both Arteta and Per have been true profs and performed superb over their period at the clubs. And so did Vermaelen.
That they weren't Campbell, Adams, and Vieira doesn't mean that they weren't successful.

Yes, it was a petty time for the club, which is why a player like Vermaelen can be considered a succes, it's all relative ffs! It's pathetic how some of you lot are holding some certain individuals on low standards because we once upon atime were good. Even today your comments on the team were disgraceful. Outplayed by feckin Swansea, yet 4-0 baby!

Oh, and for your Almunia argument:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/02/arsenal.com-player-of-the-season-poll

Sleep tight!

Jm89

Of course getting captaincy means you're successful ffs?? :lol: Both Arteta and Per have been true profs and performed superb over their period at the clubs. And so did Vermaelen.
That they weren't Campbell, Adams, and Vieira doesn't mean that they weren't successful.

Yes, it was a petty time for the club, which is why a player like Vermaelen can be considered a succes, it's all relative ffs! It's pathetic how some of you lot are holding some certain individuals on low standards because we once upon atime were good. Even today your comments on the team were disgraceful. Outplayed by feckin Swansea, yet 4-0 baby!

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/02/arsenal.com-player-of-the-season-poll

Sleep tight!

You are totally deluded just shows how happy our fans are with mediocrity, calling vermaelen and alumina as success story's is beyond belief !! You judge success on what you win in the game not achievements like coming third in a poll!

You have no argument on both of these players they where mediocre players and have continued to be mediocre players.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Sagna in his first season here was like a machine. He's was a solid 7/10 every season, if he could attack he'd have been even better.

Pisses me off that he's put a few peaches on Aguero's head whilst he's been at City, yet he couldn't find Giroud if his life depended on it.

Proper pro is Sagna, that's why I hate him, lad acts like a proper City man now, sickens me.
Can't hate Bac man. Dude was a stalwart. Tough as nails too.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Pisses me off that he's put a few peaches on Aguero's head whilst he's been at City, yet he couldn't find Giroud if his life depended on it.

There was a Youtube compilation a couple of years back showing Giroud, geuninely, missing like ten sitters from Sagna's crosses in Sagna's final season here.

It's a good thing he's become a goal machine, because I still have nightmares of Bad Giroud.

Mustafi's the best CB in the Prem, btw.

There was a Youtube compilation a couple of years back showing Giroud, geuninely, missing like ten sitters from Sagna's crosses in Sagna's final season here.

It's a good thing he's become a goal machine, because I still have nightmares of Bad Giroud.

Attachments

• koscielny.jpg
    koscielny.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 7

CurryFlavoured

Established Member

Sleep tight!
It's a weak argument to save face, aided by your example of Manuel ****ing Almunia :lol: Starting position + captaincy equating to undoubted success is so simplistic. Have a good one.

burns718

Sleep tight!

This guy

Furious

It's a weak argument to save face, aided by your example of Manuel ****ing Almunia :lol: Starting position + captaincy equating to undoubted success is so simplistic. Have a good one.

Ehm, hope you're talking about yourself here because you brought him up in the first place lad. :lol:

If you look back what caused this argument then Vermaelen would in no doubt be amongst the successful CB's Wenger has bought over the years. But continue your pesimistic posting because you think it's cool, lmao. :eek:

say yes

forum master baiter

A video of Giroud bottling chances? Yeah I can find that:

(Giroud comes in at around the 2.50 mark).

Sagna was always quite a decent crosser. People just assumed he was useless because of how uncomfortable he looked with the ball at his feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom