• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Anybody else notice that Cleverly was illegally in the box when the ball was played? It is no excuse but still pissed me off.

Sounds like something I would say. Was that me? My utmost apologies and wholehearted retraction if it was!

Thanks mate! But it wasn't you! Think it was a poster who was very positive but then became the most negative poster on the forum last season, had a complete meltdown in Emery thread last season! :rofl:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think him or Luiz are as bad as they seem.

While neither is exactly VVD I do feel like they’ve had to do ten games worth of defending in five which just increases the likelihood of making an error. Mental fatigue, extended periods of concentration/stress etc.

nick gould

And for good reason. After Auba we been signed players between trash and below average in Sokratis, Leno, Licthsteiner, Torreira, Pepe and Luiz...

Liked Tierney though. Big hopes for him!

You are too negative. What's wrong with Leno? It's too early to tell if Pepe is rubbish. At the moment Emery is having a brain fart of some sort so the way he deploys his players is not getting the best out of them. Socratis is definitely not worse that the current man city centre half pair. Sometimes it's hard if a manager insists on playing from the back even though there are no clear and obvious advantages.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

While neither is exactly VVD I do feel like they’ve had to do ten games worth of defending in five which just increases the likelihood of making an error. Mental fatigue, extended periods of concentration/stress etc.

Exactly, it's Emery's fault

Luiz suddenly gives away the same number of penalties as he did in his whole Chelsea career or some similar stat in a few games for us.

We don't play like we've ever trained together. What do they do in training???

I 60% blame Emery for the goal due to his insistence on playing out of the back in the same exact manner. You could see that Leno played the ball to the the CBs even when the full backs were in better positions to recieve the ball. Comes down to coaching methinks.
Because of our predictability opposition forwards know exactly who and how to press. Even VVD would struggle with those silly instructions. If I recall correctly, when Sokratis arrived he said something to the effect that he was the type of defender that put defending before anything else which could have meant that he isn't so good at passing the ball.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

What about Mustafi? Is he as bad as he seems or is it the system?

Tbf you don’t rate most players we sign.

Tbf we sign a lot of sub par players our fans overrate just because they're new. Look at Torreira, people still go on like he's amazing even though I don't think he's ever completed 90 mins.

What about Mustafi? Is he as bad as he seems or is it the system?

The system sucks but I think the players also are very bad. People are imaging Luiz a couple years ago but he is in decline now. Chelsea would never have led him go for so little if his decline hadn't already started. Mustafi is just 35 M signing that failed because the guy is braindead. Sorkatis is probably the worst signing I ever seen, how anyone could think a bench warmer from Dortmund would fix our defense is beyond anything I can understand.

The worst thing is that we will probably get our **** together, string together some results and people will start jerking off to these players again but another failure will never be far off until we actually start investing money in the defense.

I do feel like they’ve had to do ten games worth of defending in five which just increases the likelihood of making an error.

Bad players. You are looking at two 8 M center backs. Bench warmer from Dortmund and past it David Luiz. To add on that they have bums like Xhaka and Guendouzi shielding them which is just terrible. Kolasinac barely has stamina to be both in attack and defense but seems to favor using his charge in the attack, and AMN isn't a RB.

Bad manager. He coach them, he picks them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom