• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2017/18

Reyes no.11

Formation: 4-2-3-1

GK: Cech, Ospina, Martinez
LB: Monreal, Gibbs
CB: Koscielny, Holding
CB: Gabriel, Mustafi
RB: Bellerin, Debuchy

CM: Xhaka, Elneny
DM: *Kondogbia, Coquelin

LM: Welbeck
AM: Sanchez, Iwobi, Cazorla
RM: Chamberlain, Walcott

CF: *Lewandowski, Giroud, Perez

In: Kondogbia, Lewandowski

Out: Szczesny, Mertesacker, Chambers, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Wilshere, Özil, Campbell, Sanogo

First XI

------------------------------------Cech

Bellerin------------Gabriel---------------Koscielny-----------Monreal

---------------------Kondogbia-------------Xhaka

Chamberlain------------------Sanchez------------------------Welbeck

--------------------------------Lewandowski

Subs: Ospina, Mustafi, Elneny, Cazorla, Walcott, Perez, Giroud

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Hasn't watched Kondogbia play the last couple of years?
I just remember he was great the last year he played for Monaco, he's become that bad?

*edit* Are a lot of people on here awkward or something?
At least tell me I'm dumb if I wrote something dumb. :p
I ain't no pu**y!

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
I just remember he was great the last year he played for Monaco, he's become that bad?

*edit* Are a lot of people on here awkward or something?
At least tell me I'm dumb if I wrote something dumb. :p
I ain't no pu**y!

He sucks...and that is being nice. He had a few good games at Monaco
he was sold for ransom's money. Totally overrated.

carlito'sway

Established Member
There is a fundamental flaw in that team. Lack of production from the RW. So as far as goals/assistst we are entirely dependent on the other menbers of the front 4. One of them being Theo Walcott, enough said.
As good as Iwobi is, he is just 20 yrs old and can't be relied to provide that over a full season. Ramsey there is a non starter at this point.
Either one of our current injured (Danny W/Lucas P) comes back and provides that or we go out and get a top fwrd/winger able to contribute.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
There is a fundamental flaw in that team. Lack of production from the RW. So as far as goals/assistst we are entirely dependent on the other menbers of the front 4. One of them being Theo Walcott, enough said.
As good as Iwobi is, he is just 20 yrs old and can't be relied to provide that over a full season. Ramsey there is a non starter at this point.
Either one of our current injured (Danny W/Lucas P) comes back and provides that or we go out and get a top fwrd/winger able to contribute.
Listen, for @Reyes no.11 that's honestly not that bad, don't be mean to Reyes, he's doing his best. :D

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Actually, I was talking in general about our current team, not a particular response to @Reyes no.11. :lol:
Ah, oops!

Well in that case, yeah Theo isn't much of a creator and Ox is patchy although he's been better this season, we seem to be set up in a strange way where I guess we expect our team to be fluid so that the players will cover each others flaws in a way, but that doesn't seem to work out successfully all the time.

If Wenger sat down and explained his tactics to us, it would probably seem brilliant, but it has to get lost in translation somehow on the pitch, it's confusing to make out what our plan is at times.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Inter sold Kovacic and paid crazy money for Kondogbia. Unbelievable tbh. Absolute rubbish footballer.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn’t mind seeing Alexis play behind a true forward but Chamberlain and Welbeck on either side will make you want to claw your eyes out after ten minutes.

nick gould

With Sanchez moving to Cf were are left short on the wings. With hindsight I think we should have kept Campbell or at the very least bought a winger rather than a striker.

coolaa

With Sanchez moving to Cf were are left short on the wings. With hindsight I think we should have kept Campbell or at the very least bought a winger rather than a striker.

I would wait for the return for Welbeck and Perez to play the LWF as a back up of Iwobi.

Cech
Bellerin Mustafi Kos Monreal
Carzola Xhaka
Walcott Özil Iwobi
Sanchez

Ospina
Gabriel Holding Per Gibbs
Coquelin
Perez Ox Ramsey Welbeck
Giroud

No space for Elneny and Wilshere in my 1st and second 11. I would even try to play Gabriel as a pure defensive RB because of his pace and can defend in the air, Jenkinson and Debuchy are just neither good in attacking and defending anymore.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom