• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Song they played before the city match

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 559
A

Anonymous

At highbury on sunday they played some orchestra(sp?)/Opera song, it reminded me of the fa cup adverts. on sky they said arsenal are trying to make it their anthem like liverpool's 'your never walk alone'. Is this true you think?

Alexone234

...and for those that have no idea what MSX is taking about. Here it is:

And did those boots of Arsenal's team
Walk upon Highbury's turf so green?
And did they play with great esteem
The best football we've every seen?

And with a cannon on our chest
We play with heart, and mind, and zest
And we are proud to be Arsenal
In Victoria Through Harmony

(to the tune of Jerusalem)

A

Anonymous

I didnt hear any words, just the tune.

marhes26

Sounded like a funeral procession...oh well most people seem dead at home matches these days anyway. :(

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom