• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Oblak
Holding Mustafi Koscielny
Bellerin Wilshere Xhaka Bertrand
Özil Alexis
Kane​

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20

Both footed like Santi, leaves defenders on the floor, pace to burn and decision making that's constantly improving.

5 goals 12 assists in 17 starts and he's ****ing 19.:drool:
And to think our wings were **** already and are worse now Alexis is moved centrally. Such a shame.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

And to think our wings were **** already and are worse now Alexis is moved centrally. Such a shame.
Sometimes we have to make our money talk. He may have chosen Dortmund but I doubt things would have played out the same if we blew Dortmund out of the water financially.

The more I think about it the more I'm sure we didn't particularly want him. Wenger has a lot of faith in his players and Dembele would have 'killed' a few.

skip spence

Sometimes we have to make our money talk. He may have chosen Dortmund but I doubt things would have played out the same if we blew Dortmund out of the water financially.

The more I think about it the more I'm sure we didn't particularly want him. Wenger has a lot of faith in his players and Dembele would have 'killed' a few.
Yeah. Walcott, Ox and Welbeck would likely lose out on the arrival of another hot shot winger, one or a couple would have to move.

Fine by me tbh. Either one, I don't care.

Jack the lad

Sell Ox(30m),Gibbs(15),Ramsey(40),Welbeck(25),,Schezny(18),Campbell(5),Jenkinsson(already done, 3m)), Debuchy(0), Chambers(15), Akpom(1), Sanogo(0), J.Pickford(loan), J.Toral(3m) = 155 GBP

Buy: Wilshere(back from loan), Frank Kessie(30m), Nwakali(back from loan), J.Hector(15), K.Mpappe(35), Marco Reus(60). Chris willock, AMN, Reiss Nelson. J.Pickford(15m) = 145m GPB

We simply have to sell the british core that is not performing, they will fetch brilliant fees that allow us to rebuild the squad.

We could even afford another signing such as the Andrea Belotti(45) if we wanted to.

GK: Cech, Ospina, Martinez, Pickford(loaned out)
Rb: Bellerin, Gabriel
CB: Mustafi, Mertesacker, Holding(loan)
Cb: Koschielny, Gabriel
LB: Hector, Monreal
CDM: Coquelin, Xhaka, Elneny ,AMN
CM: Kessie, Wilshere, Cazorla,
CAM: Özil, Cazorla, Iwobi
LW: Marco Reus, iwobi, Nelson
Rw: K.Mpappe, Sanchez, Walcott, Willock
St: A.Sanchez, Giroud, K.Mpabbe. (Belotti)

What player are realistic target for next summer to sign? A player that would say Özil and Sanchez that we really mean business. But we still need to be able to lure him here...

I think Griezmann is out of bounds. We are not going to pay 100 millions for player...

Maybe Carrasco?

Malky

Established Member
What player are realistic target for next summer to sign? A player that would say Özil and Sanchez that we really mean business. But we still need to be able to lure him here...

I think Griezmann is out of bounds. We are not going to pay 100 millions for player...

Maybe Carrasco?
Yeah, no chance with Griezmann.
Go all in for Reus or Dybala.
One of the above along with a proper Cazorla replacement, a left back and hopefully a long term successor to Cech and we'll be looking good for next season.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Maybe Carrasco?

James, Isco, Reus, Robben. I think that we could entice Griezmann but we won't.

Let's not forget the circumstances that we signed Özil and Sanchez (and Cech) in, we'd need to be proactive rather than opportunistic this summer however.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Read on a Dutch newssite that according to Eurosport Aguero is allowed to leave, would that count? Would you take or too injury prone?

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Read on a Dutch newssite that according to Eurosport Aguero is allowed to leave, would that count? Would you take or too injury prone?

It would be a Bergkamp-esque signing in terms of the intent it would show but no chance it could ever happen.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant

Both footed like Santi, leaves defenders on the floor, pace to burn and decision making that's constantly improving.

5 goals 12 assists in 17 starts and he's ****ing 19.:drool:

Bit of back story on the transfer came out today.

It was billed as the dream transfer of one of Europe’s most promising players, yet the details surrounding Ousmane Dembélé’s transfer from French side Rennes to Borussia Dortmund last May has shone some intriguing light on how a multi-million euro industry functions behind the scenes. Featuring warring representatives and a club who have denied exerting pressure on a teenager to turn his back on his long-time advisers, the case has already come before the French Football Federation but remains unsettled, with Dembélé now likely to be called to give evidence in court over a dispute that could be worth up to €3m (£2.6m) in damages.

Featured in Tuesday’s edition of L’Équipe, the story has also been tracked by the Guardian over the past few months, although it began in 2011, when Badou Sambagué, a former Mali international who grew up in the same block of flats as Dembélé in the Normandy town of Évreux before becoming a lawyer, first took Dembélé to train with the Ligue 1 club Rennes.

Having impressed in the youth ranks, the skilful teenager was hoping to win a call-up to the first team by manager Philippe Montanier, who later joined Nottingham Forest, but found his opportunities limited. Dembélé was then offered the chance to join his boyhood friend Dayot Upamecano at the Austrian side Red Bull Salzburg, while also receiving interest from Manchester City among others. Thus, Sambagué and his associate, registered French agent Martial Kodjia, asked if Dembélé could break his youth-team contract at Rennes only to have their request angrily refused by the club. After much negotiation, Dembélé eventually agreed to accept his first professional contract in September 2015 but only if it included a release clause of €5m. According to L’Équipe, rather than at the club’s headquarters, the deal was signed in a hotel room at the Hotel Balthazar in Rennes because, in Sambagué’s view, he was no longer welcome at the club.

It was against this background that the then 18-year-old embarked on his first season as a professional. In November that year he scored his first senior goal in a 2-2 draw against Bordeaux and followed it up with another just before Christmas in a victory over Guingamp. His performances did not go unnoticed, with Barcelona, Manchester United, Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Arsenal among the clubs to make contact with Sambagué over Christmas. Borussia Dortmund also made their interest known and opened talks with the French club. “It was at this point that Rennes did everything they could to create a war,” he told the Guardian this week.

Fearing that they could lose their prized asset for just a fraction of his value, Rennes attempted to act. Through Moussa Sissoko, a French agent registered in Mali who also represented two of their other young stars, Sambagué alleges they sought to persuade Dembélé to sign a new contract not containing a release clause and to terminate the relationship between him and Kodjia.

“On 24 February 2016,” wrote L’Équipe, “he sent the following message to relatives: ‘If I do not go through Moussa Sissoko and Marco Lichtsteiner, they will stop the transfer.’” The brother of Juventus defender Stephan, Lichtsteiner is known as an influential agent in Germany who regularly collaborates with Sissoko.

Two days later, Kodjia was sent a letter signed by Dembélé which cancelled the agreement from September. According to Sambagué, this was a result of the undue pressure that had been placed upon the teenager. “Ousmane was very afraid. I tried to convince him not to give in and to stay strong,” he said. Sissoko told the Guardian that the allegations were “completely false”. “His old agent is telling stories,” he said. “I think that if Ousmane left his historical advisers, it was because he thought they were not good enough to manage his career,” Sissoko added to L’Équipe. “Each has its limits, and one must know how to recognise them.”

L’Équipe also alleges that Rennes had offered to pay Dembélé €5m – the value of his release clause – if he agreed to sign a new contract with the club and even to represent him in his future career, a practice that would be illegal under current Fifa rules. Rennes have denied this was the case and in a statement to the Guardian said it was a matter for the two agents in dispute. “The club has no direct involvement in this matter and wishes to remain neutral and impartial,” said the statement.

Despite apparently severing ties with Sambagué and Kodjia, Dembélé stayed in touch with his former advisers and met with Jürgen Klopp, the Liverpool manager, at the end of March. Manchester United also showed an interest in taking the player who had become the youngest in the history of Ligue 1 to reach 10 goals in a season – quicker than both Thierry Henry and Anthony Martial - although by that time his future destination already seemed determined. In June 2007, the Rennes’ owner, François-Henri Pinault, purchased a controlling stake in German sportswear manufacturer Puma, who also happen to be one of Dortmund’s main sponsors having bought shares in the club in 2014. There is no suggestion that Pinault’s influence resulted in Dembélé moving to the German side, but Sambagué believes that Rennes had “closed the door to all of the clubs except Dortmund, who were willing to pay more than the clause”.

Having seen an offer of €8m rejected, Dortmund eventually agreed a €15m fee. But there was to be one more hitch. When he arrived to formalise his transfer, Dembélé was accompanied by Kodjia after signing a new mandate with him the night before, which was designed to reward his long-term advisers for their assistance. Initially, Dortmund refused to go through with the deal and it was only once Dembélé had formalised his five-year contract with the club that Kodjia realised his name had been omitted from the paperwork.

On his return from Germany, Kodjia and Sambagué contacted the FFF’s Commission Fédérale des Agents to register a complaint against Sissoko and Rennes. They are seeking €3m in damages – the commission banked by Sissoko from the deal – and were offered almost half of that in November as a settlement. A further meeting is scheduled for next month, with Kodjia and Sambagué also considering suing Dembélé, who has refused to comment on the case, for breach of contract. The striker, now a full France international who has continued his meteoric rise on the pitch with four goals and seven assists for Dortmund this season, could also be called as the only witness in an attempt to unravel the truth in this very modern transfer tale.

Seems like it was kind of messy with some agents were trying to get a cut, but it would still very much be worth it as he looks to be a superstar in the making.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ennes-borussia-dortmund-agents-release-clause

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Bit of back story on the transfer came out today.

Seems like it was kind of messy with some agents were trying to get a cut, but it would still very much be worth it as he looks to be a superstar in the making.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ennes-borussia-dortmund-agents-release-clause
Wow, Dortmund were the only club willing to pay more than the clause.

I guess the scouts saw something that us regular people couldn't because I would have paid anything up to 20M for him. Fairplay to Dortmund for taking the risk.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Disregarding the players coming back from (hopefully) successful loans with a possibility of rejuvenating their careers here.

In : Jordan Pickford, Danilo Pereira, Lars Bender, Isco, & Kasper Dolberg.

Out : Granite Xhaka, Debuchy, Szczesny, Ospina, Joel Campbell & Sanogo.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Dortmund's CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke on PEA...

We can never guarantee that a player will stay with Borussia Dortmund forever, but our strength is to always find new solutions,” he was quoted as saying by Kicker TV.Auba was our alternative to ‘the world ending’ after [Robert] Lewandowski’s departure [to Bayern Munich]. With an €80 million offer, I would be thinking about [club president] Reinhard Rauball and [sporting director] Michael Zorc - if we had one [an offer], we would have to get together with Pierre-Emerick [to discuss it]. We always have to differentiate between situations where there is such an offer, but we have no pressure... I would prefer it if no offer came.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/b...emerick-aubameyang-bid_sto6033323/story.shtml

80m Euros huh?

---------Özil
Marhez------Sanchez
---------PEA

Move many of the half players like Theo, Ox, and Giroud and we could easily afford this attack and it'd be at the level needed for a club with true PL and CL aspirations.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom