• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Luke Shaw will consider leaving Manchester United in the summer if he does not play regularly between now and the end of the season.

It is understood the 21-year-old is bemused at the lack of opportunity José Mourinho has given him to fight for a first‑team place since the Portuguese became United manager last summer.

Shaw’s longest run of starts for Mourinho is five when the campaign commenced, the first of these being the Community Shield win over Leicester City in early August.

Shaw was criticised publicly by Mourinho after a 3-1 defeat at Watfordon 18 September and subsequently dropped. Since then the defender has failed to be selected in the first XI for consecutive Premier League outings. In late October and early November he was given three starts in a row, in the EFL Cup, league and Europa League. Since then, Shaw has made only three starts in nearly four months.

Shaw has been left out by Mourinho for United’s past six games, the manager not deeming him good enough to make the matchday squad for five of these. He last featured on 29 January when he began United’s 4-0 win against Wigan Athletic in an FA Cup fourth-round tie at Old Trafford. Shaw had expected to start in the fifth-round FA Cup victory against Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park last Sunday but in the event was an unused substitute.

His drop in status under Mourinho was made starker when the manager did not select Shaw in the squad for the Europa League last-32 second leg against St‑Étienne on Wednesday night despite the tie being virtually over as United held a 3-0 advantage from the opening match.

Mourinho chose to do so despite also leaving Matteo Darmian, who plays at left‑back, at home for the trip. Before United beat St-Étienne 1-0, Mourinho left little doubt about Shaw’s current position in the pecking order.

He said: “I am playing with Daley Blind, with Marcos Rojo, with Darmian and all of them are playing the way I like a full-back to play. Luke has to wait for his chance and work better knowing that I give nothing for free. When I give something to the players it’s expensive for them, they have to work really hard every day. They have to play well so he has to wait. In this moment he is behind the others. Potentially he has many things that I like but potential is one thing and another is on the pitch to express all the qualities that I like a player to express.”

Shaw was signed by Louis van Gaal in June 2014 for £27m and sustained a broken leg in September of the following year in a Champions League group match at PSV Eindhoven that ended his season.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...r-united-exit-if-not-given-first-team-chances

Gibbs out Shaw in.

Hinderz

Last edited:

WhatAFC

He is definitely not giving anything close to 100 % in games, that is obvious. He wants out of Leicester and we have seen that with other players. He is gone this Summer and I definitely would take a chance on him. He would not cost close to last year rumored fees.
Called it last summer, one season wonder. Wingers get found out so easily unless they are something exceptional.

As most would, I'd prefer to take a risk on an 18-22 year old potentially elite winger rather than someone like mahrez.

marc-in

new manager.

i don't think new players will make any difference, even a new billionaire owner willing to spend hundreds of millions wouldn't help.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
FWIW the English guy who translates for Di Marzio says SportsMediaSet is "terribly unreliable".

Aevi

Hale End FC
What the ****? I thought he was a defensive midfielder. :lol:
C5lXiGiWgAASC80.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom