• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry | Named Assistant Coach of Belgium

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Reports that he turned down an opportunity to be part of some video message played during the legends match. Has his relationship with AW soured or is he just be cautious and making sure he doesn't taint his new job offer?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Reports that he turned down an opportunity to be part of some video message played during the legends match. Has his relationship with AW soured or is he just be cautious and making sure he doesn't taint his new job offer?
If those reports are true then it's an indication of a problem between them. I highly doubt Roberto Martinez would mind him recording a message to be played at the match so I don't think he'd be concerned about that. Playing obviously is another issue since that would be a bit of a piss take to skip a day of work in your first couple of weeks on the job. There may well be a problem between them though. Petit was quoted as saying that Vieira is "disgusted" with the way Wenger treats his former players. I don't think he'd put that out there lightly.

carlito'sway

Established Member
I hope, but going from a Sky pundit to being 2nd in charge of a Golden Generation that anything other than a World Cup in 2 years time would lead to you getting sacked is almost as strange as going from Sky to manage a big European team in a league like Spain or something. Almost.

Arteta's the only one doing it right..

Actually he is the third in charge....He is the second assistant manager. Agree that it is a weird appointment and Arteta is doing it right.

Song Billong

It pains me to read that his relationship with Wenger could be rocky... Surely this isn't the case?

Got so much love for the great man.

Anyhow - I hope he succeeds as an assistant and learns all he can before coming home to teach our players a thing or two.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If those reports are true then it's an indication of a problem between them. I highly doubt Roberto Martinez would mind him recording a message to be played at the match so I don't think he'd be concerned about that. Playing obviously is another issue since that would be a bit of a piss take to skip a day of work in your first couple of weeks on the job. There may well be a problem between them though. Petit was quoted as saying that Vieira is "disgusted" with the way Wenger treats his former players. I don't think he'd put that out there lightly.

Don't get what he is saying , Steve Bould is an ex player , Freddie Ljungberg is now coaching assistant with the U18's . I am pretty sure Pires helps out at Arsenal as well .

Last edited:

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Don't get what he is saying , Steve Bould is an ex player , Freddie Ljungberg is now in coaching assistant to ou U18's . I am pretty sure Pires helps out at Arsenal as well .
Yeah it's strange but why would he say those things if there weren't some element of truth. Clearly he's still friends with Paddy so why would he put his friend an awkward position like that if they didn't have some kind of issue with Wenger. Regardless, I just think it's sad. They all accomplished some truly amazing things together and I wish everyone got along well. We could use the influence of some of the other great Invincibles at the club now, probably Vieira more than anyone.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Seems TH14 didn't get off to the expected start. ****ing Martinez the clown will be gone in no time at all. Not sure why he joined that sinking ship...

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Disastrous beginning yesterday. Matinez has learned nothing. Still constructed a team with no defensive nous whatsoever.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Henry wasn't a bad Sky pundit to be fair but he had the same problem as Ian Wright.

Those around you are all signed up to the Piers Morgan type anti-Arsenal propaganda sh*t (eg 'same old, same old', defensive frailties, Wenger tactically clueless etc etc) and there's only so long you can keep talking sense against it, eventually the force of derision from other pundits and furious phone-in idiots makes you join in. To be fair both Wrighty and Henry held out for a long time.

Going back to the Emirates once you've signed up to the dark side is very difficult, particularly to coach the youngsters. Henry realised this.

Top Bottom