• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry | Named Assistant Coach of Belgium

carlito'sway

Established Member
Don't get what he is saying , Steve Bould is an ex player , Freddie Ljungberg is now in coaching assistant to ou U18's . I am pretty sure Pires helps out at Arsenal as well .

Freddie is a U-16 coach at the club and is rumored to take over Henry's role with the U-18.
Besides I would not take Petit's comments too seriously though. He is not the sharpest tool in box. He has been putting his foot in his mouth regularly.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think some of the former players are still thinking they are the dog's bollocks. A dose of humility would not go amiss, especially when they have zero experience in management.

That's what I find interesting , they're acting as if Bouldy , Freddie and Bob aren't Arsenal . It's like Arsenal had 5 players .

Goonerozil33

I think guys like Vieira and henry has a sense of entitlement. When they were players Arsène might have indulged them. But as a coach they are better of shutting up and learning from him. The most important thing as a manager is to ensure that you don't upset your players. And the second is to put your team ahead of you. Both henry and Vieira never understood this concept. When a manager cares about him more than the club the the club suffers. You look at most of the managers criticizing the players in public. Most of it helps in making the manager look good and the player faces the heat. That can never be a good thing

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think guys like Vieira and henry has a sense of entitlement. When they were players Arsène might have indulged them. But as a coach they are better of shutting up and learning from him. The most important thing as a manager is to ensure that you don't upset your players. And the second is to put your team ahead of you. Both henry and Vieira never understood this concept. When a manager cares about him more than the club the the club suffers. You look at most of the managers criticizing the players in public. Most of it helps in making the manager look good and the player faces the heat. That can never be a good thing
That's why Mourinho's poor. He waltzes into the richest clubs with a very good team already and buys one or two even more expensive players. Upsets most people at the club, so has two or three years st the most to win something before everything goes toxic.

He sets them up very defensively and hopes the quality will get him enough 1 or 2 nil wins to take the league.

It's a formula that works if a) the club has huge resources and b) you don't want continuity.

United board have settled for it because they now realise just how hard it is to get a consistent manager like SAF or Wenger that can build teams, win trophies and keep you in CL football (although LVG did win the cup).

It's short termism though and Mourinho will soon be gone and Man U back to square one.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

What's with him interviewing United players all the time for sky? You'd think the guy was a United legend the amount of time he's at their training ground.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
What's with him interviewing United players all the time for sky? You'd think the guy was a United legend the amount of time he's at their training ground.
They're the most successful team of the past 30 years by some margin. Sure they've been pretty dire at times since Fergie left but as their massive turnover every year proves they remain extremely popular. Henry of course is the most popular ex player employed by Sky. It makes perfect sense to maximize viewership by giving people what they want. I highly doubt Thierry has a burning desire to trek up to Manchester all the time.

Top Bottom