• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Arsenal v Basel | 28th of September at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for the match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Here's ESPN FC talking Arsenal (10 min mark)

They not wrong with our team need to play like that the whole season and not bottle it in important months but oh boy these 2 guys setting beside gab are so bitter specially that guy with Liverpool accent still having a go at Sanchez he not interested to play striker? yeah mate 5 goals 5 assists in 8 games.

They not wrong with our team need to play like that the whole season and not bottle it in important months but oh boy these 2 guys setting beside gab are so bitter specially that guy with Liverpool accent still having a go at Sanchez he not interested to play striker? yeah mate 5 goals 5 assists in 8 games.

Exactly! If Liverpool or Utd had done the same thing, they would have been like where is the crisis. Even though they haven't even come close to our achievements in the last few years. I think criticizing Arsenal make the pundits look smart, regardless of what the reality is. If Arsenal win or do come close to the title, no one is going to pull up this and question the guy...

carlito'sway

Established Member
Wonderful stuff. Don't remember the last time we played like that. It was like Arsenal of old. Ruthless but beautiful.

This team has something special. People saying it's a purple patch or that they seen this before with Arsenal are wrong. This isn't a fluke or a streak, you can see there is something there. The fact is we've had a great team for a couple of years but it takes time to get all the pieces right and for it to gel. Looks like we found those last missing pieces.

Couple of points on the game:
Mustafi is excellent. From day one he's come in and be superb. Really like him.

Xhaka will be a top player but he hasn't settled yet and looks to be playing very cautiously right now. Can't wait for him to open up.

Am I the only one who thought Santi didn't have a good game? He kept misplacing passes and slowed things down. He's normally great but thought he was poor.

What I love about the new Alexis is his passing. We that we know he can finish so not worried about the misses. But his passing was Özil like and has been all season. Considering his passing was pretty woeful when he came this is a huge improvement. He's become the complete player.

Oh boy, Theo. Ecstatic for the lad. He's hungry, aggressive and his finishing is great, especially for the 2nd goal. Calm and lethal. Surprised Wenger took him off actually because he was playing well (and had just created the sanchez chance).

Iwobi really is an unbelievable player and mature beyond his years. But he was off tonight. Made some good movement and was involved in a couple of plays but it's no coincidence that most of the play went down the right. He needs a rest.

I want to see perez at the weekend.

Xhaka had a good game. I don't think he has been necessarily more cautious though. That his the same way I have seen him playing before doe the Swiss Nati or in Germany.

Regarding Santi, I guess you may be among the few who saw him having a bad game. He was terrific. Look at his passing map and the team possession & passing networks, posted on this thread, that will show you a different pictures. The guy had a 90% pass completion last night. Here are his stats:

EPL Stat Man @EPLStatman

Santi Cazorla vs FC Basel
Passes 94
Completed 90%
Tackles 4 successful (out of 6)
Ball Recoveries 11
Chances Cr 3
Take-Ons 4/4

carlito'sway

Established Member

That is Steve Nicol.

N

NotAUserName

BT really need to get better match directors. They must hire people will zero football knowledge as they always cut away on key moments on counters.

I don't understand how people can criticize Ox for that pass. The keeper positioned himself well between Ox and Alexis.

Ox's reaction on the other hand... I bet it's going to keep him up for several nights.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Exactly! If Liverpool or Utd had done the same thing, they would have been like where is the crisis. Even though they haven't even come close to our achievements in the last few years. I think criticizing Arsenal make the pundits look smart, regardless of what the reality is. If Arsenal win or do come close to the title, no one is going to pull up this and question the guy...
IMO it has to do with our unbeaten season. It made the rest of the football community jealous as hell and they're struggling to get over it!

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Stevie Nichol is
a miserable cnut even when he's not- he can't help himself. His accent's Scottish Yousif...;)

Reactions: A_G

Finesse

Mustafi, Iowbi and the new Theo have transformed this team.

You are right but I think it is more to do with the changes in personnel and set up. We have added a pacy and quick footed striker to head the attack. The pressing game and ball winning from the opponents half is amazing. The runs into space from the front 3 is amazing. Arsenal is playing to its strenght. The defence is quick and committed. The midfield is very comfortable on the ball and aggressive enough in a tactical set up. We are controlling games today and our possession is very FLUID.

Bring Giroud to head the attack and we lose all the above and have to play to his strenght. Crosses into the box from wide and less use of space and runners into the box.

The onus is for Arsène to define how we play with Giroud. We cannot play thesame with Giroud as we do with Alexis. It will not work and it is why we have been frustrating and inconsistent in the past. Both players have different qualities and whoever is a focal point of the attack greatly impacts on how we play.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Back from hols last night, watched the game this morning without knowing the score. What a performance, no way is Giroud getting back into our attack when we play at this pace. I've never been a fan of Alexis as our lone CF but he plays so well in that position with those around him, you cant really argue for playing him elsewhere. Also with Walcott and Iwobi on either side doing so well, we just have to keep this formation.

Having said that, there will be games where we need to rest players, that's when Giroud, Perez, Ox, Elneny & Gibbs will be starting. At some point we need to be resting Bellerin as well.

Its still early days but it is a long time since we have been so good to watch, and currently we are doing it regularly. More of the same please.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
We've seen a steady increase in the quality of our performances recently, finally we started our season. I don't know why, but I doubt this is just a purple patch, we don't seem to be overly lucky but force our "luck" by performing up to the required standard.
Just a few things, based on the last month:
  • Our midfield works.
  • Our defense works.
  • Our attack works.
  • We're unpredictable.
  • We're performing well right from kick off.
  • Our new signings looks very good so far.
  • Players are stepping up.
IF we go through November unscathed, I'll be starting to get my hopes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom