• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL | Arsenal v PSG | 23rd of November at 19:45 (GMT)

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Did Cavani miss as many chances at Napoli or did all those years behind Ibra at RW really destroy him?

One of the only strikers that I've never been confident about Kos containing.

I didn't watch him as much at Napoli, but he seemed way more clinical back then. Now it seems he has a mental block, if he has time to think about an opportunity he more often than not bottles it. However, he's a great instinctive goalscorer and his movement is on another level.

We're lucky he struggles with time tbh, else we would've been beaten handsomely home and away.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Bad mistake from Iwobi, and a horrible moment to be subbed.

Have to applaud our team spirit though, good from our boys.

Definitely , bloke made a mistake unfortunately this kind of thing happens from time to time especially when you are in bad form.

skip spence

Did Cavani miss as many chances at Napoli or did all those years behind Ibra at RW really destroy him?

One of the only strikers that I've never been confident about Kos containing.
Always has been an instinctive finisher, somewhat lacking in composure. Despite the erratic finishing he still scores a ****load of goals year after year. His off the ball runs are diabolical to defend against.

Didn't watch this game. PSG were the better team I gather?

carlito'sway

Established Member
Always has been an instinctive finisher, somewhat lacking in composure. Despite the erratic finishing he still scores a ****load of goals year after year. His off the ball runs are diabolical to defend against.

Didn't watch this game. PSG were the better team I gather?

Yes they were. We were lucky to get a point. They had 14 shots on goals, we had 5 (1 on target).

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

They had 2 on target.

Not sure smashing 12 shots off target is something to sing about.

That doesn't tell the whole story though - there was that header that Cavani really should have buried, and that ridiculous attempt of a chip when clear on goal. Two chances, at least one should have been converted.

Plutarch

While PSG probably had the better of it overall, did people really finish watching that thinking they were a better team than us? I didn't. There was only one period of complete domination by either side which was the start of the second half, when we completely dominated them, and scored twice. Why we got things so wrong in the first half I don't really know, but if we were to play that game again I'd expect us to start better, win both halves and win the game. From last night's display we are obviously capable of that.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

That doesn't tell the whole story though - there was that header that Cavani really should have buried, and that ridiculous attempt of a chip when clear on goal. Two chances, at least one should have been converted.
And quite a lot of long range efforts that never went close.

carlito'sway

Established Member
They had 2 on target.

Not sure smashing 12 shots off target is something to sing about.

The point is simple, they had more shots/ created more chances/better passing % and and generally dominated and had more possession than us. Not that complicated.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

While PSG probably had the better of it overall, did people really finish watching that thinking they were a better team than us? I didn't. There was only one period of complete domination by either side which was the start of the second half, when we completely dominated them, and scored twice. Why we got things so wrong in the first half I don't really know, but if we were to play that game again I'd expect us to start better, win both halves and win the game. From last night's display we are obviously capable of that.
They were average when we pressed them. We sat off them the entire first half and once we'd scored. Poor from Wenger.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The point is simple, they had more shots/ created more chances/better passing % and and generally dominated and had more possession than us. Not that complicated.
Neither is saying they had 2 shots on target.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

They definitely had a better midfield - that was clear after the match. Let's be honest, they carved us up in Paris and at times at the Emirates, we can count ourselves fortunate not to be at least 5-6 goals worse off on aggregate.

Linson

Honestly that was one of the most boring games I've ever watched. There was a complete lack of offensive creativity.

Giroud had a complete lack of service
Sanchez was trying to play free role / central without much success
Özil was off the boil
Walcott.... did he even touch the ball?
Iwobi / Ox were ineffective
Jenkinson was dodgy

Ramsey / Coquelin simply didn't work

Due to the overwhelmingly rubbish nature of the performance I can't help but feel it's Wengers fault.

How the hell we walked away with a point is beyond me.

Very disappointing performance yesterday. Make no mistake, Psg are ok but not fantastic, they're not destroying Ligue 1 as they should with the players at their disposal. We were just so bad we weren't a threat to them except for 10min at the start of second half.

Three games in a row Wenger failed to set us right from the start, tactically and mentally. Again we looked so flat and uninspiring, terrible to watch really.

More than the first place lost, it's the performances which are worrying, feels like a while since we produced a performance. Wenger needs to change something asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom