• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I am pretty sure Özil is not the reason results got better and he will be dropped again in the future for certain games, as he should be imo.
It‘s not a coincidence that as soon as Özil was brought back, results started ramping up, not only with his quality but overall squad morale.

Of course Emery is going to drop Özil for some games, just like all our players do time from time. He will not completely ostracize him though, which was an obvious mistake which he has thankfully rectified.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah we’ve actually got a higher win % when Özil has been dropped. Very difficult to make an objective argument against the way that Emery has handled him. Agendas gotta agend though.
Think this might be a different story since the new year/coming out of that Dec-Jan slide.

My rough count since January 1 (and I may have ****ed it up) has:

7 games without Özil (4 wins, 3 losses)
8 games with him (5 wins, 1 draw, 2 loss).

One of the losses with Özil was the Man U FA cup game where he didnt come on until the 65th minute. The other was the Rennes game where we were down to 10 men. Özil also did not start in the draw vs Sp**s.

Someone should back check that though as I've done it very roughly/quickly using Arsenal.com.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
Think this might be a different story since the new year/coming out of that Dec-Jan slide. But you can check.
Come off it blaze :lol:

Why would I bother checking stats for somebody who has already admitted he’ll only accept them if they conform to his preformed view?

Why don’t we just leave Özil to the madness that is the Özil thread. Not long left now.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
And what have Guendouzi and Torreira done wrong?
the post above yours does a forensic analysis of Özil..who is a proven world class player. So you can imagine how much depth we would have to go into for raw players like Guendouzi and Torreira.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I don't think you should be sensitive. If you’ve got something to say, say it, regardless of what other people think.

I don’t agree with everything you say, but you make some interesting points and this thread/forum is a lot better for you being here.

I was one of the last few defending Wenger on here and the vitriol was off the Richter scale. But in some ways it was quite interesting. :lol:

Thanks, mate. Same goes for your posting.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Before anyone is having too much of a go at Emery, let's remember how many times it was said that we should be careful what we wish for when the topic of moving past Wenger was discussed.

So far with Emery, although not everything has been perfect, it hasn't been close to the **** show ManU managed to produce after Ferguson left. Given that we are in a good position at the tail end of our first season without Wenger in god knows how long and we are sitting pretty in 4th place with a chance at 3rd we cannot really complain.

I had us finishing 5th going into the season. We just soundly beat ManU and should have done the double over Sp**s. So, this far, and given how other teams have struggled when they got rid of a longtime and successful coach, I think we can be fairly happy.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Thanks, mate. Same goes for your posting.
giphy.gif

say yes

forum master baiter
In terms of fitness, mentality, confidence and tactical acumen we’ve been transformed over the last 8 months.

It’s a work in progress, and the player quality isn’t there yet, so there are always going to be some bumps in the road, but I think that Emery has done a fantastic job so far.

Remaining fixtures don’t worry me under this manager, and if we can make this much progress in 8 months then I can’t wait to see where we’re at in a year’s time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom