• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Emery need at least 4-6 more windows before we think about sacking him.
Never ever use hyperbole to express an opinion. All it does it beat yourself.

Emery will get this summer and a full season before any legitimate opinion on how he's done, is worth a ****. Any opinions expressed before that duration aren't worth a ****.

If he wins the EL, I expect more leeway to be given beyond next season, but that depends--if we do terribly--how terribly we do.

Now send me a cat just to prove what a dosser you are.

Never ever use hyperbole to express an opinion. All it does it beat yourself.

Emery will get this summer and a full season before any legitimate opinion on how he's done, is worth a ****. Any opinions expressed before that duration aren't worth a ****.

If he wins the EL, I expect more leeway to be given beyond next season, but that depends--if we do terribly--how terribly we do.

Now send me a cat just to prove what a dosser you are.

I don't read what you type! But here is a picture of a darth cat!

0oKu98n.jpg

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
The last 2 goals we scored were particularly horrible and stick in my memory.

AMN rinsing the defender and crossing for the third - the horror!!! Then Aubas blast into the roof of the net - a disgrace. My eyes!!! Four away goals in our most important game of the season. The fanbase will be stampeding away, and rightly so :mad:

Not sure that beats the Sp**s game. When we only put 4 ugly goals past the spud farmers. That was really hard to watch. Was so tedious I had to switch it off.

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
Don’t really know where else to put this but the Times have a very good (and very long piece) today on City’s season - Arteta receives heaps of praise:
So who has been crucial to City’s success this season? There have been some key protagonists on the pitch of course but, off it, one of the most important contributors has been Mikel Arteta.

Arteta has expertly filled the gap vacated by Domènec Torrent, who had been Guardiola’s assistant from his Barcelona B days up until last summer, when he left to take charge of City’s sister club New York City.

Arteta, 37, joined City at the same time as Guardiola. He made a decent impression on the staff in his first two years but this year he has really stepped up and has become integral to City’s success.

City’s training sessions are split into three parts. Firstly, the players warm up and take part in “rondos”, the piggy-in-the-middle keep-ball exercise. The final part of training involves tactical instructions, which Guardiola takes charge of. The second part, which involves set-piece moves — offensive and defensive — is co-ordinated by Arteta while Guardiola stands on the sidelines with his arms folded.

The players listen attentively to Arteta and respect him greatly. After training, Arteta sometimes asks Guardiola if he can keep five or six players back for 15 minutes’ extra set-piece training. “Go ahead,” is always Guardiola’s response. Arteta has a personable manner that allows players to confide in him too. Guardiola has faith in all his backroom staff. Many of them, such as the coach Rodolfo Borrell and Carles Planchart, the analyst, have been with him from the start. Planchart played a key role in City’s 6-0 win over Chelsea in February, telling Guardiola that Jorginho often “jumped” from his position in front of the back four, so City overloaded that area of the pitch and the result was a handsome win.

But it is fair to say that Guardiola now trusts Arteta’s judgment more than ever.

It was noticeable during the 24th minute of the Brighton match that, when the game was goalless and City were looking nervous, it was Arteta who Guardiola called to the touchline. Arteta cupped his hand to Guardiola’s ear, the manager nodded and a second later, he motioned to Raheem Sterling to switch from the right flank to the left, where he caused Brighton havoc for the rest of the game.

Arteta is now more settled than ever in the North West. His family moved from California last year to Didsbury, south Manchester, which is a 25-minute drive to the CFA.

Arteta’s stock is so high that some members of the City hierarchy are convinced that he should be the man to succeed Guardiola as manager when he departs in two years’ time.

Senior sources say that Arteta has the trust of the players, an understanding of how the club want to play football for the years to come, and the right attitude to undertake the incredibly difficult job of following Guardiola.

I’m happy with Emery and think a more established manager was definitely the right choice to follow Wenger, but I hope Arteta is considered again for the job next time it comes around. Clearly an interesting prospect and every season at City he’s learning from the very best in the business.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Shame. Sounds like the ship has sailed. Pretty much guaranteed to take over after Pep.

Probably one we'll regret not appointing. Similar to when he was a player and we should have signed him sooner.

Not ashamed to say the iPad merchant was my choice to replace Wenger.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Arteta might turn out to be a great manager. Untill he is in that hot seat we have no idea yet so many people seem to have made their mind up he will be great. Highlighting some training drills he was in charge of, or the time Guardiola uttered a word to him on the sidelines as if that somehow shows his importance to how City plays. Assistant managers are usually as good as the manager in charge. Their influence isn't as big as we would like to believe. For the simple reason that any self respecting manager has his own set of tactics and management set in stone. They will rarely vary from that. They will win by that or die by it.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
No point in discussing about a potential new manager. Emery deserves another season to see if he can fix all our problems. This summer is massive for him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Finally people will have handsome young coach let's hope freddie not fan of ipad.

Seriously tho Freddie is great addition he done amazing job with our young team. Bould need to get rid i don't know what he added our defense keep getting worse with him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom