• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,196
  • Views 817,135

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Does anyone on here watch them regularly-ish?

Why exactly do they score so many goals?

Can't say real reason tbh.Their game is with a lot of pace,movement,shots,running,very explosive.Also,pressing is very good and that stop other teams to get easy and free passes.If Klopp is a little bit better in tactical level,they would be even better.Quality isn't on high level as well,i rate them to be 5-th team on paper in EPL tbh.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Two things;
1. Their tempo.
2. Bodies in the box

Klopp's high press, high octane style of play is great on the eye tbh. The main thing I noticed about them is the fact that they get bodies in the box. They move it so quickly, and there always seems to be a free option.

It's the reason so many of their players have scored multiple goals. Lallana, Firmino, Mane, Origi, and Coutinho have all scored a lot of goals, it's certainly no coincidence that it's Lallana's best ever goalscoring season.

It's impressive what Klopp's doing. He still hasn't got the greatest squad at his disposal either. It's clear to see why the Liverpool hierarchy gave him a new deal so soon after appointing him, if they back him he'll execute his vision.

And still some people here write **** about Klopp :lol:,wonder who is good manager in their opinion.

Reactions: BBF

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Does anyone on here watch them regularly-ish?

Why exactly do they score so many goals?
I am a bit of a closet Liverpool fan since Klopp joined them. So watch them on and off just because I like the football they play. Just like I liked watching Dortmund when Klopp coached them.

Besides the pressing which was all everyone talked about the one thing they do a lot is try to go vertical with their passes quickly and often. Not that they lump it up to a forward, but their passing isn't a lot of slow sideways but quick and forward towards the goal. I especially think they play through the midfield quickly. Plus they have great movement between the attacking players and their front three. So although the loose the ball often they win it back quickly and attack again. The philosophy that Klopp subscribes to and which I think is fairly well established in German football is that you score the easiest off a quick transition from defence to attack while the opponent is still trying to transition themselves. So less importance is put on possession and more on getting to an attack quickly. I personally like this style better than the more possession based Spanish model. This is also why I thought Klopp would fit well with the PL.

If I understand the development of the current German football philosophy is that it was partly inspired by the English way to play, i.e. with high tempo and quick to the attack.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I am a bit of a closet Liverpool fan since Klopp joined them. So watch them on and off just because I like the football they play. Just like I liked watching Dortmund when Klopp coached them.

Besides the pressing which was all everyone talked about the one thing they do a lot is try to go vertical with their passes quickly and often. Not that they lump it up to a forward, but their passing isn't a lot of slow sideways but quick and forward towards the goal. I especially think they play through the midfield quickly. Plus they have great movement between the attacking players and their front three. So although the loose the ball often they win it back quickly and attack again. The philosophy that Klopp subscribes to and which I think is fairly well established in German football is that you score the easiest off a quick transition from defence to attack while the opponent is still trying to transition themselves. So less importance is put on possession and more on getting to an attack quickly. I personally like this style better than the more possession based Spanish model. This is also why I thought Klopp would fit well with the PL.

If I understand the development of the current German football philosophy is that it was partly inspired by the English way to play, i.e. with high tempo and quick to the attack.
Interesting...that reminds me of Suarez's last season. They barely played in midfield, it was always quick transitions from Gerrard to SSS.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
If Klopp could get the defence sorted Liverpool would be a real threat. I have to say they are a treat to watch at times with the quick tempo passing. This is why I wanted Klopp here and believe he could have done great things with our team.

Giroud

Established Member
Liverpool are a real threat. Coutinho, Firmino and Mane are real quality. The midfield and defence do the job. The issue for them is back up as I'm not sure their replacements are up to it. They're looking fine without Coutinho so far but I believe Matip and Mane are off to the AFCON and if any one else goes down they might fall a bit behind.

BBF

I feel for Klopp on this one. If he pursues with Karius in the first 11 he's seen as arrogant or uses blind faith. If he takes him out of the squad it looks like he's bowing to pressure, and he comes under criticism for knocking his confidence. Sometimes you can't win when you have all these bums who couldn't make it in coaching yapping about what mangers should do or shouldn't do.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
If Klopp could get the defence sorted Liverpool would be a real threat. I have to say they are a treat to watch at times with the quick tempo passing. This is why I wanted Klopp here and believe he could have done great things with our team.

Yea,but really is tough to have both,good offence and defence.Good managers can switch tactics during the game,but Klopp wants football with a lot of goals and quite dynamic way of play.Liverpool will sometimes pay for that approach.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Klopp wants football with a lot of goals and quite dynamic way of play.Liverpool will sometimes pay for that approach.
And I personally prefer it that way. Much more entertaining to watch than clawing out 1-0s as coaches like Mourinho prefer. That is why I cannot stand most British pundits with their obsession on winning and "smart" defensive tactics. Most totally lap that up. If I hear "you need a strong defense to win the league" or something like that almost feel like turning off the radio / TV.

Interesting...that reminds me of Suarez's last season. They barely played in midfield, it was always quick transitions from Gerrard to SSS.

Hopefully we can do something similar when Xhaka is fully adapted.

We are finally starting to adapt to counter attacking game again. Hence I have no idea why people want to revert back to Giroud!

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

My brother said to me the other day Klopp is getting a free pass from the media. From getting pegged back by Bournemouth, knocked out of the cup and now another loss. Surprisingly the commentary straight after was Klopp knows better is to come at home and not they are lucky to be still in the tie.

I'm a big fan of him but it does seem he is getting off a bit easy.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
My brother said to me the other day Klopp is getting a free pass from the media. From getting pegged back by Bournemouth, knocked out of the cup and now another loss. Surprisingly the commentary straight after was Klopp knows better is to come at home and not they are lucky to be still in the tie.

I'm a big fan of him but it does seem he is getting off a bit easy.

He's not been knocked out of any cups! Though the result at home to Plymouth was a shocker.

I half feel for Klopp tbh, Liverpool's team, attack aside, is mid-table level. He'll need time to get some of the dross out and pick up more of his type of player.

I do wonder if his playing style is starting to catch up with the players though. A lot said around this time in the season Liverpool might drop off. They've had a string of poor results now, and that's without Europe.

Klopp needs a big squad. It's vital he keeps his players fresh. Trouble is atm Klopp has barely anything to work with. Liverpool will be in Europe next season, wouldn't surprise me if he adds 6/7 in the summer.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He's not been knocked out of any cups! Though the result at home to Plymouth was a shocker.

I half feel for Klopp tbh, Liverpool's team, attack aside, is mid-table level. He'll need time to get some of the dross out and pick up more of his type of player.

I do wonder if his playing style is starting to catch up with the players though. A lot said around this time in the season Liverpool might drop off. They've had a string of poor results now, and that's without Europe.

Klopp needs a big squad. It's vital he keeps his players fresh. Trouble is atm Klopp has barely anything to work with. Liverpool will be in Europe next season, wouldn't surprise me if he adds 6/7 in the summer.
You're right they haven't been knocked out but to very poor results which haven't yielded any criticism. He was brave to play young players according to some in the media against Plymouth when Wenger done it it was viewed as being disrespectful.

My brother compared Rodgers being pegged back by Palace and Klopp being pegged back by Bournemouth and the way they were treat was night and day difference. One was brave for continuing to attack the other naive. He hopes Liverpool lose the league and that game costs them.

blaise

Klopp has made great image of himself during the career with media and fans, he is practically anti-Wenger with his style , media will always love him, great for the league to have him here anyway.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The guy is a fantastic manager who has made a career out of overachieving. He's never even come close to having the best squad in the Bundesliga or PL and yet he's gotten results. If Liverpool can actually sign a legitimate world class player in attack and defense he'll win the league.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Anyone else been following this Matip business?

I hope it goes on unnecessarily long because to me he's clearly their best centreback, I think with Klavan and Mr. Bean they'll drop some points soon.

Would expect that with Klopp's play style they'll start to tire towards the end of the season as well and they won't be able to perform at the same level as they have.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Anyone else been following this Matip business?

I hope it goes on unnecessarily long because to me he's clearly their best centreback, I think with Klavan and Mr. Bean they'll drop some points soon.

Would expect that with Klopp's play style they'll start to tire towards the end of the season as well and they won't be able to perform at the same level as they have.
What's going on with Matip?

Top Bottom