• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

Who among Ramsey/Özil/Cazorla should be dropped?

• Özil

• Ramsey

• Cazorla

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Exactly. Anyone with true footballing intelligence and insight into the game will understand why Wenger plays Ramsey on the right over the likes of Walcott and Chamberlain.

At the moment I actually prefer him on the flanks rather than in midfield, he was poor against West Ham where he played centrally.
Agreed. I thought him and Özil were both very good today actually. I know people don't like how Ramsey plays RW, but it's clear now that he's doing exactly what Wenger wants. And he is a threat all game.

Patto74

Really have to drop Özil, against the bigger teams he just doesn't deliver he's too much of a luxury player and it costs us defensively, at least Ramsey is more of an all rounder it doesn't help him playing on the right all the time. The ox needs to start on the right no width at all it was all focusing down the left tonight.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Exactly. Anyone with true footballing intelligence and insight into the game will understand why Wenger plays Ramsey on the right over the likes of Walcott and Chamberlain.

At the moment I actually prefer him on the flanks rather than in midfield, he was poor against West Ham where he played centrally.
We have the genuine poblem at the moment that a lack of width is hindering us creating clear cut chances chances so while I can see Wengers reason for playing him there I don't think it's justified.

And just because he played a bad game in the center against West Ham it doesn't mean he can't play there ffs.

Lemon Shark

Appears only when we draw/lose
Really have to drop Özil, against the bigger teams he just doesn't deliver he's too much of a luxury player and it costs us defensively, at least Ramsey is more of an all rounder it doesn't help him playing on the right all the time. The ox needs to start on the right no width at all it was all focusing down the left tonight.

I totally agree, Özil is the problem for me, he is beyond overrated, he doesn't do much in the games and loses the ball often. Never ever shoots or looks like scoring. Ramsey does way more and often shoots and tends to be on target and he does score, work rate million times better too. Ox on the right too is what we need.

blaze_of_glory

Özil was excellent today. I really don't get how people can watch the game and not see how influential he was in that second half. Absolutely took over the match with his passing and movement, and was even winning balls back for us at times.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Özil was excellent today. I really don't get how people can watch the game and not see how influential he was in that second half. Absolutely took over the match with his passing and movement, and was even winning balls back for us at times.

You know... since people goes back to Rosicky's stat whenever the argument about his influence appear, I think I'll choose to be fair and measure Özil from the same stick.

Özil got 0 assist. He didn't do well

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I totally agree, Özil is the problem for me, he is beyond overrated, he doesn't do much in the games and loses the ball often. Never ever shoots or looks like scoring. Ramsey does way more and often shoots and tends to be on target and he does score, work rate million times better too. Ox on the right too is what we need.

Oh wow...

Godwin1

Very well-known

In the second half he looked like he was really trying to make things happen up front, at times it looked as if he was working with idiots to be honest. He definatly tried his best to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Excellent game it wasn't, first half he was as bad as the rest of the midfield, but overall I think he done well this game.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Özil was fantastic today, and not to my surprise A-M bashing occurred. All his great touches and movement seems to go unnoticed by the eye, that ball he delivered for Rambo was class. He's just a total classy footballer. His lazy demeanor often leads him to get stick when in fact he most often than not puts in a good shift. Shameful.

infineon

Established Member
Cazorla could be braver in midfield. Too often he prefers the safe short ball from the back which sucks Özil, Sanchez and Ramsey toward him. I'd like to see him play the long pass more often to open things up.

Saikung

To me cazorla can play well with coquelin in the middle if he sorts out his habit of dribbling out of trouble in his own half especially in or around the box.

Has anyone also notice in the final third he needs to get an extra touch before making a pass, slowing everything down......seems to me he is not up to his level yet...

frass

Cazorla could be braver in midfield. Too often he prefers the safe short ball from the back which sucks Özil, Sanchez and Ramsey toward him. I'd like to see him play the long pass more often to open things up.

how's he gonna play the long pass when we don't play with much width? e.g. last night ramsey was rw but how many times did you see him out wide?!

BobP

Memri Fan
Ramsey has a weird sort of role.

I remember towards the end of last season his role was more concentrated on the right wing but now he has been granted this inexplicable freedom to do as he pleases.

Defensively he would tuck in alongside our central players but when attacking he would stretch play on the right.

That's all changed now.

I'd be interested to see how Özil would do on the right especially with his trademark lateral movement, I think he'd be intelligent enough to provide us with artificial width when necessary.

Would definitely provide us with more stability through the middle, I envisage Wilshere Coquelin Ramsey.

infineon

Established Member
how's he gonna play the long pass when we don't play with much width? e.g. last night ramsey was rw but how many times did you see him out wide?!
This isn't about last night in particular. He rarely plays that ball even when Ox/Walcott start on the right. It is just a general characteristic of his play.

I think this is why Rosicky's late season cameo's have always had a positive effect on us - the guy is long past his best but Rosicky always plays forward-thinking football.

I feel that Santi sometimes just wants to keep the ball safe, which is what you need 95% of the time, but you do need to gamble sometimes and try to make things happen. It isn't just about making those perfect passes to give direct assists. I think he could do better in the build-up in terms of opening up space.

Balance is key

He is a great player - no doubt - but having an AMC who seems afraid to shoot partnered with the immobile Giroud and his little flicks is perhaps not the greatest thing ever

we all want Özil to be what he is, but also do what Coutinho did last night

Drebin

After every gameday I want to see another player benched. It´s so difficult because they are three worldclass players and you can´t predict which one will have a good game and which one won´t fulfill the expectations.

Balance is key

I'd be interested to see how Özil would do on the right especially with his trademark lateral movement, I think he'd be intelligent enough to provide us with artificial width when necessary.

always liked him a lot more on the right than on the left

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Would definitely provide us with more stability through the middle, I envisage Wilshere Coquelin Ramsey.
I like this suggestion, even though the current setup is quite fine.

Ramsey always wants to go forward, and leaves gaps, so it is a good option to put him on the wing.

Ramsey/Cazorla works because Cazorla seems more responsible and sticks to his position. I'd like to see a combination of Coq/Arteta/Cazorla playing behind Ramsey/Wilshere/Özil.

Latest posts

Top Bottom