• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

You're Roobish

gooner#1

This is in the mirror guys-I havnt got a link :cry:
-------------------------------------------------------
THE TOP TEN

1) Thierry Henry ,Arsenal, 3.68
2) Thomas Gravesen , Everton,2.41
3)John Terry , Chelsea ,2.34
4)Lauren, Arsenal,2.31
5)Freddie Ljunberg , Arsenal,2.32
6)Milan Baros , Liverpool,2.31
7)Frank Lampard ,Chelsea,2.29
8)Andy Jonhnson , Crystal Palace 2.27
9)Dennis Bergkamp , Arsenal,2.24
10)Bilal Nicolas Anelka , Man city 2.22
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rooney 200th best in England
Wonder boy Wayne Rooney suffered an embarrasing set back yesterday as he was ranked the 200th best in the premiership.
Th verdict came from two maths experts who have devised a new grading formula , based on the pitch.
It put 19 year old Rooney-who cost man united £27millon and had been hailed as England's Saviour, at leat until the match in Spain -halfway down a list o-f 479 top filght players .

THIERRY HENRY , of ARSENAL is NO1 with a rating of 3.68 , way in front of Evertons all action Dansish midefielder Thomas Gravesen , at 2.41.
Chelsea pair John Terry and Frank Lampard and Crystal Palace striker are the only English men in the top ten.

The Actim index devised by DR Phillip Scarf , 38 and DR. Ian Mc Hale , 27 is now the Premierships official ratings system.Sky will also use it when Opta index contract expires at the end of 2005-6

Actim awards points for shots on targets ,saves, passes, crosses, tackles, dribbles, and goals scored.

Players lose marks for shots off Target and yellow cards and red cards.Rooney will also point to a long injury absence at the start of the season .Salford University statistician DR Mchale said :"The index comprises four calculations weighted using a secret formula to determine a player's over all score on a match by match basis.

He and Dr Scarf analysed hundreds of Games from the Premiership and claim their method is "purely objective".

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Well if these ratings are to be beilieved and these guys know what they are talking about I actually believe Rooney deserves to be there. Not due to his natural ability but from his showigs this season and the amount of time he was out for.

Also interesting to see Lauren as the fourth best player in the league and the second best st Arsenal. What do the Lauren bashers have to say about that?

Two things I am confused about are the inclusions of Bergy and Baros in the top 10. Fair enough Bergy had a grea start but after the first 6 games or so he started to tail off. As for Baros it looks like they are basing this on the Euros but I am not sure they actually do take into acount the Euros. This is only based on the Premiership right?

gooner#1

*Loyan* said:
Well if these ratings are to be beilieved and these guys know what they are talking about I actually believe Rooney deserves to be there. Not due to his natural ability but from his showigs this season and the amount of time he was out for.

Also interesting to see Lauren as the fourth best player in the league and the second best st Arsenal. What do the Lauren bashers have to say about that?

Two things I am confused about are the inclusions of Bergy and Baros in the top 10. Fair enough Bergy had a grea start but after the first 6 games or so he started to tail off. As for Baros it looks like they are basing this on the Euros but I am not sure they actually do take into acount the Euros. This is only based on the Premiership right?
Yes it is based on the premiership.

the dawn raids

Established Member
BAros has had a decent start to the season (just had the brace last week) but it wont matter much now that hes out for at least a month.

informed1

http://actim.pa.press.net/top100.shtml

this is where they get it from and you have to think about the number of games each player plays and whether they get a goal, if their team concede all of that statistics. Cole missed city game and bergy has a few goals and assists. at the start of the season for about 3-4 weeks arsenal took over that list and cole was in there until about 2 weeks ago and lauren was near but he has moved up. Lehman was also no.1 GK.

Ratinho

Established Member
Why is there any shock?

Rooney has had one good game, and that was in europe, so he shouldn't be ranked highly peformance-wise in the Prem this season.

Don't like all this scientific look at football, as we can all see that (up until a week or two ago), Henry was the outstanding player and guys like Graveson and Terry were playing well, don't need a formula to work that out.

Most interesting thing about it is, I didn't know Anelka's first name was Bilal. Has he changed this recently or something?

Mark

Established Member
Great to see Bergkamp at his age is still up there with the best.

Count the Man Utd players! :p

gooner#1

Ratinho said:
Why is there any shock?

Rooney has had one good game, and that was in europe, so he shouldn't be ranked highly peformance-wise in the Prem this season.

Don't like all this scientific look at football, as we can all see that (up until a week or two ago), Henry was the outstanding player and guys like Graveson and Terry were playing well, don't need a formula to work that out.

Most interesting thing about it is, I didn't know Anelka's first name was Bilal. Has he changed this recently or something?
Yes he has .He has converted to Islam and changed his name aswell.
I think it might be othman aswell.(Bader told me )

tbbosa

skart14 said:
Unfortunately this rankings and stats mean diddly squat....

And why is that?...because there is no one in the top ten from your team, the smelly manure United?
:D

A

Anonymous

tbbosa said:
skart14 said:
Unfortunately this rankings and stats mean diddly squat....

And why is that?...because there is no one in the top ten from your team, the smelly manure United?
:D

He's an Arsenal Supporter.

skart14

Ratinho said:
To be fair, looking at your avatar, I was sure you were a Man Utd fan.

:roll:

Thats lupoli yer blind ****..... :wink: :p

If you were just being sarcastic then i guess i'm the daft ****.... :lol: :wink: :p

Latest posts+

Top Bottom