Who will be Arsenal's next manager?

heltaschelta (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 2:17 pm

Wengers reign has come to an end. ( Hypothetical )
Who do we want in charge of our club?
Who is available?

My vote is for:- 1 Guus Hiddink
2 David Moyes

Thoughts?

Last edited by AnthonyG on December 29th, 2011, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reason: Title-fix

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on September 18th, 2011, 2:19 pm

Pat Rice.

heltaschelta (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 2:26 pm

ebouenolike wrote:Pat Rice.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I'd rather ROY KEANE :P

Vela (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 2:27 pm

Wenger got asked who he thinks is a possible target to be his successor and he said Dragan Stojkovic. On members day this year Jack Wilshere got ask who he thinks could be the next manager and he said he would like Steve Bould to be given a chance.

Before the the match against Barcelona away last season Pep Guardiola got asked if he would ever manage Arsenal in the future and he said Wenger would be at Arsenal forever.

Some talk about Remi Grade in the past. Matt Law asked Wenger if he thinks Jürgen Klopp could be a successor and he said he thinks Jürgen Klopp won't leave Germany (Dortmund).

heltaschelta (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 2:36 pm

Why would Jurgen Klopp leave hat team? They will most likely top their group.

GOONER1991 (Trusted Member) on September 18th, 2011, 2:37 pm

heltaschelta (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 2:41 pm

GOONER1991 wrote:http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=140302&start=120" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apologies.
I mean sacked.

redanddread (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 2:49 pm

As Kevin Wichter says in his Online Gooner article today "We are wathcing the death throes of Arsène wenger's time at Arsenal....". He's as good as gone IMO. It will become untenable if we see the same **** week in week out, it just won't make sense for him. He is being hammered in the press, hammered by the fans, hammered by his ex-players and there won't be anything shiny and baubly for him to hold up and stick his finger in their faces.

Forget Guss Hiddink-he IMO is a stop gap manager-say if Wenger left in January. As Chelsea did with AVB, I would like us to to scout out a new young exciting mnanager-who you say, I'll have to do some research.

Vela (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 2:53 pm

Don't read Online Gooner they said Fabregas was going to Real Madrid the deal was all confirmed when it wasn't.

eye4goal (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 2:56 pm

It will have to be a stop-gap like Hiddink right now. The likes of Klopp and even Guardiola could be available next summer. I'd keep Wenger in charge until the end of the season and then re-assess the situation. I don't think he can survive another hammering though especially if it comes against Spurs in two weeks

Spork (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Would absolutely LOVE Pep at Arsenal, but I do not see that happening.

No idea who would though.

GDeep (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 3:28 pm

Disgraceful thread.

Doctor OKO (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 5:09 pm

I've heard Peter Reid's out of a job?

General (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 5:48 pm

redanddread wrote:
Forget Guss Hiddink-he IMO is a stop gap manager-say if Wenger left in January.

Hiddink would be one of the best to help stabilise the ship till and bring much needed discipline until we find a long term solution. Personally I feel this is how the club should handle the transition from Wenger to a new manager.

DanDare (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 6:08 pm

GDeep wrote:Disgraceful thread.

Why?

Proof (Trusted Member) on September 18th, 2011, 6:09 pm

Jurgen Klopp or Didier Deschamps.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 6:20 pm

no manager come to my mind Klopp is good manager but he had really bad start in this season.

Invincible (Lobby Member) on September 18th, 2011, 6:26 pm

Jurgen Klopp or Joachim Löw with Bouldie as assistant.

Beksl (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 6:29 pm

Guardiola... and then Moyes.

AFCG7 (Elite Member) on September 18th, 2011, 6:39 pm

I'd go for Ancelotti or Van Gaal now as a stop gap until the end of the season. If either does well enough we can keep him , in the meantime we explore other options and get someone permanently in next summer.
Someone like Steve Bould would be another stop gap option.

Irish_Owen (Elite Member) on September 18th, 2011, 6:44 pm

GDeep wrote:Disgraceful thread.

Are you of the opinion that Wenger will live forever?

I know a select few, like you.,,

KingReyes (Trusted Member) on September 18th, 2011, 7:18 pm

Who do I want? Guardiola

The way the club is being run at the moment. Its likely to be Wenger's kid

outlaw_member (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 7:25 pm

A select few? There was an army of them before. As if Wenger was not a human being, and that there was no possibility of his abilities ever regressing over the years.

I mentioned in the other thread how delicate a situation we are in, and I also feel that signing a manager who doesn't correspond with our ethos would be a massive blunder. If we get in someone like Hiddink who is likely to change plenty, then there may be far too much upheaval, and we can't afford such activity whilst the future of this club remains uncertain. Furthermore, unless all the changes are immediately an improvement upon our recent methods, we'll end up in limbo trying to refine an entirely different approach whilst falling further and further away from the top. I think the best option would be for someone who is cut from a similar cloth, someone like Klopp or Spalletti, but is not restricted by vested interests. The other option, and arguably the safest one would be to promote someone from inside who is well versed on what is expected of the club and team.

Segway (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 7:36 pm

Carlo Ancelotti would be amazing.

Vela (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 7:44 pm

I would love Guardiola to be our next manager but I know it won't happen.

Herbas (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 7:53 pm

A few people I know that support Barca seem to be of opinion that although Guardiola is a good motivator, not afraid to use youth players, prefers an attacking game plan, but he is suspect in tactics, poor rotation and substitutions. Hmmm, all these attributes sound familiar...

General (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 8:08 pm

Yeah I'm not sure Guardiola will fair any better than Wenger with this current squad. What we need is a pragmatist and a master tactician (very important and something Guardiola isn't)

GDeep (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 8:13 pm

I think such talk is bang out of order and bordering on disgraceful while Wenger is firmly still here, wait till he is gone before you discuss his replacement, the least he deserves for 15 years of phenomenal service, that's just me though, doesnt sit well with me.

Also, you guys will be waiting a few years yet before your potential replacements become contenders for the job as the board will back Wenger even if drop out of the top 4, rightfully so too.

No one mentioned Coyle? Is it because he has had a bad few weeks? Remember in the other thread he had quite a fan base. You guys just mention which ever manager is flavour of the week, Klopp this time, or shocking suggestions like Moyes/O'Neill, most of you guys didn't know who Klopp was a last season, or have watched full Everton games to judge Moyes, ridiculous really.

outlaw_member (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 8:19 pm

General wrote:Yeah I'm not sure Guardiola will fair any better than Wenger with this current squad. What we need is a pragmatist and a master tactician (very important and something Guardiola isn't)

Without signing the quality that is needed for us to return to the top, a pragmatic tactician is not going to fair much better. We'll just be faced with different strengths, and have different shortcomings. Like I mentioned in the other thread, Liverpool are pragmatic, disciplined, hard working, tactically flexible, and utilise the full extent of their resources. Before, we had the quality, but not the right manager in charge of them. Now, we don't really have either.

Danni (Forum Member) on September 18th, 2011, 8:20 pm

I'd like to see us going for Carlo Ancelotti. I've always liked him, even when he was winning 'The Double' with Chelsea. He has that cool aura about himself, and is straightforward with what he thinks, which I think is important to the fans. Also, in 'football terms', he likes his teams to play good attacking football whilst having a well-organised defense (including the holding midfielder). He knows the league well, and has said that he'd like to come back to England. Why not talk to him if Arsène packs it in?

I like what you're saying General. Guardiola is an obvious candidate and I'd be over the moon if he managed Arsenal, but he is far too similar to Arsène Wenger. We need something different, along with different coaches. Why not set-up a team to win 1-0, instead of winning 5-4 against a top opponent?

I don't think Arsène will be able to handle the pressure if we were to get beat by Tottenham in October. It will cause an uproar.
Next

Options

tracker