New Home Kit Announced

qs (Elite Member) on May 5th, 2012, 5:55 pm

No wonder we lost today, the players must have been sick all week after seeing what they have to play in next year.

ferrarif50hunt (Forum Member) on May 5th, 2012, 8:26 pm

If it is navy blue, it's too dark. It looks black.

Absolutely horrendous kit, but at least we didn't end up with black socks like in that picture from a few months back.

Dave_Ja_Vu (Forum Member) on May 5th, 2012, 8:33 pm

evoh_1 wrote:grim kit thats not going to sell

Think the team performing as they have been will ensure that.

Vinci (Forum Member) on May 5th, 2012, 8:47 pm

THunter wrote:
danccm wrote:
THunter wrote:Read it's a dark blue, not black.

Its called Navy Blue
Want a medal?

Yes, and a trophy.

AnthonyG (Administrator) on May 5th, 2012, 10:06 pm

:lol:

But, yeah, that kit is disgusting.

GOONER1991 (Trusted Member) on May 5th, 2012, 11:17 pm

That kit is absolutely horrendous.

Where did the random Navy Blue come from? Who on earth designed that, and thought "yeah, that looks good"?

Absolutely horrific.

This season's away kit wasn't to my tastes, but I warmed to it eventually, and it didn't look bad on the players. But that, looked horrific when we first saw it, looks horrific now.

Will definitely not be buying.

The Jury (Forum Member) on May 5th, 2012, 11:35 pm

They should bring back the yellow kit. Not the yellow and blue kit - just yellow. Yellow like a canary, or a streak of piss. Yes, piss-weak yellow. Or brilliant white....no, surrender white, like the flag.

Or chocolate brown...

AnthonyG (Administrator) on May 5th, 2012, 11:36 pm

The Jury wrote:They should bring back the yellow kit. Not the yellow and blue kit - just yellow. Yellow like a canary, or a streak of piss. Yes, piss-weak yellow. Or brilliant white....no, surrender white, like the flag.

Or chocolate brown...
Where's a yawn emoticon when you need one? Or a 'you're a real ****, you know that?' one?

Vinci (Forum Member) on May 5th, 2012, 11:39 pm

Why does the kit have to change so much every year... Nike seem lost for some kind of true identity.

I much prefer Adidas, they keep it simple and bring back the three stripes in every kit. May look simple or boring to some, but it would be better than what Nike has come up with.

The Jury (Forum Member) on May 6th, 2012, 12:19 am

@Ant: Always insults, eh? Disappointing, once again. Show some imagination, 'tis FREE! :D

AnthonyG (Administrator) on May 6th, 2012, 1:20 am

Me with the insults? What's your not so funny post above then? If you can't handle some (very gentle, no-more-tears type) backlash, then you've got some decisions to make. Start by making your jokes funny. :P

The Jury (Forum Member) on May 6th, 2012, 2:41 am

Mine certainly can't be called insulting, Ant - not by any stretch of your now, running wild, imagination. Did it really deserve 'backlash'?

Poor attempt at justification lad. Can't say I expected any better, judging by previous failures. You're getting quite a rep for this.

AnthonyG (Administrator) on May 6th, 2012, 5:04 am

Of course it was insulting. Try discussing the kits at hand, instead of taking cheap potshots.

redwhiteAustrian (Global Moderator) on May 6th, 2012, 8:33 am

"Horrendous" doesn't even cut it.....perhaps they wanted to "improve" this and last season's home kit, but they've failed miserably.

It gets more and more obvious that they're just trying to make money, without any kind of improvement from one year to another.

If you look at our home kits from the early naughties and compare it to the current ones, it's become beyond ridiculous.

evoh_1 (Lobby Member) on May 6th, 2012, 2:07 pm

nike are a disgrace, now we get hand me downs of man utds old kits that they haven't managed to sell, disgusting. Nike pay us pennies for shirt deal and treat us as tramps we need to get out of these contracts as soon as possible and find a supplier who wants us as their priority not 4-5th choice team.

DOUBLE-YOU (Forum Member) on May 6th, 2012, 4:31 pm

i don't think the kit is that bad. i am certainly not against it, like many here seem to be. It's not a disaster like 09-10 kit or this season's away.

redwhiteAustrian (Global Moderator) on May 6th, 2012, 4:43 pm

The 2008-10 home kit is a thing of beauty compared to that.
At least Charlton is a London club, not some club from the north ffs.

Irish_Owen (Elite Member) on May 6th, 2012, 4:51 pm

I sort of like it, actually.

DOUBLE-YOU (Forum Member) on May 6th, 2012, 5:16 pm

Irish_Owen wrote:I sort of like it, actually.

i think thats 2 of us

been (Forum Member) on May 6th, 2012, 7:51 pm

anyone see the page on arsenal.com saying when the new home kit is revealed? looks to me it is going to be something crazy judging by the navy circle.

Lazaq (Forum Member) on May 6th, 2012, 11:00 pm

That kit is utter crap in my opinion. That navy blue addition is so unnecessary, just makes it cluttered and weird. Yuck!

Sol man (Forum Member) on May 7th, 2012, 12:11 am

Bossa (Forum Member) on May 7th, 2012, 12:18 am

Red and white. Why the **** did they add the blue. It just looks like a mess. I will probably never get used to it. Its just doesnt match.

GOONER1991 (Trusted Member) on May 7th, 2012, 12:19 am

How weird for the club to release the images of the new kit so quickly and without much of a build up before hand.

The kit is still horrific.

Bossa (Forum Member) on May 7th, 2012, 12:20 am

The collar is just plain ugly.

Dave_Ja_Vu (Forum Member) on May 7th, 2012, 12:20 am

Wow, that goalie shirt is an absolute abomination.

Vela (Forum Member) on May 7th, 2012, 12:31 am

Wouterus (Forum Member) on May 7th, 2012, 12:47 am

What a horrible shirt. It looks like every player is wearing two captain armbands. A real shame, the current kit is beautiful, close to perfection.
I kind of like the socks of the new one though, for what it's worth.

Bossa (Forum Member) on May 7th, 2012, 12:48 am

We look like ******* United.

23AndreyArshavin (Forum Member) on May 7th, 2012, 12:49 am

I hate Nike.
Previous Next

tracker