New Home Kit Announced

GOONER1991 (Trusted Member) on May 7th, 2012, 10:49 pm

I still think it's unusual for us to release the new kit so early, and with so little build up before hand.

clockwork orange (Elite Member) on May 7th, 2012, 11:09 pm

AnthonyG wrote:I think I read a similar study based on Australia's propensity for yellow. We could always dress Sneezy up in a working cobra suit. Also, we should ban Cech's headgear as he actually does make himself bigger!

:D Unbelievable they keep getting away with that.

I'ld like the sleeve colour for Sneezy's entire kit.

realtalk (Lobby Member) on May 8th, 2012, 1:57 am

I dont know who these designers are getting paid for putting out poor kits.I need to send a cv or something.

Oh well looks like will be a loss on the shirt sales.3rd kit better be good dont see these kits selling much.

AnthonyG (Administrator) on May 8th, 2012, 2:35 am

realtalk wrote:I dont know who these designers are getting paid for putting out poor kits.I need to send a cv or something.

Oh well looks like will be a loss on the shirt sales.3rd kit better be good dont see these kits selling much.
I think sales will be fine. A lot of people want the latest no matter what, and there will be some who don't follow us that think it looks cool.

And if we win anything in it, it'll suddenly look beautiful.

Cruisio (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 3:12 am

I'm willing to place a large bet that its the lowest selling shirt we end up having after the move to the Emirates

AnthonyG (Administrator) on May 8th, 2012, 3:19 am

Cruisio wrote:I'm willing to place a large bet that its the lowest selling shirt we end up having after the move to the Emirates
Out of interest where does one come by such figures? I often see a particular player's list. What's been the lowest thus far?

kalleTheMan (Trusted Member) on May 8th, 2012, 10:52 am

Away kit... **** off Nike

Beksl (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 11:01 am

That's a quality away kit.

THunter (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 11:03 am

Fit that away one.

goonerwarsh (Trusted Member) on May 8th, 2012, 11:18 am

I wonder what lost historical link they're going to dig up in order to promote the new away kit?

'Red and Blue hoops - as every Arsenal historian will tell you is the colour combination of the toilet paper Herbert Chapman used to wipe his arse. In order to honour the clubs fine tradition we've produced this cutting edge design as we here at Nike and our partners at Arsenal feel it will best help disguise the different shades of **** that the team have produced on a regular basis this season.'

Arsène Wenger said of the new kit, 'Who the **** is zis Herbet Chapman?'

redwhiteAustrian (Global Moderator) on May 8th, 2012, 11:42 am

kalleTheMan wrote:Image

Could we please use the away kit as home kit?

It's not great but definitely better than the home kit, although that's not that big an achievement.

GunnerGetYah (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 12:12 pm

Both kits are really shabby to be honest. A kid could have drawn them.

They must have thought... other teams don't mock us enough for being a French team.. let's put some flags of France on the sleeves! Yes that will surely help our French summer signing.

Wouterus (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 1:30 pm

I love that away kit. They kept it simple this time. Just red and blue horizontal stripes, Brilliant. A huge improvement on the current away kit.

dysphoria (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 1:34 pm

seriously, red and blue horizontal strips? it actually ends up making the new home kit look good. :/

im assuming its going to go with dark blue shorts and blue socks?

evoh_1 (Lobby Member) on May 8th, 2012, 2:07 pm

Sent them an email complaining about the kit and got this back.

Thank you for your email.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the new kit. It will be passed to the relevant department. As always when we do launch a new kit there are always negative and positive responses from our supporters. We always value feedback as this is taken on board and looked at when the next kit in 2 years time is designed.

So this is the kit for two years again now nice work guys.

redwhiteAustrian (Global Moderator) on May 8th, 2012, 3:05 pm

Two years of that?
Oh come on Arsenal.

My health insurance isn't going to pay for all these eye-surgeries I'm going to need during that spell......

musicmonkey (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 4:52 pm

I smell a conspiracy here.....
Release a two year kit to stop fans complaining about the cost of football and being ripped off but make it so dreadful everyone complains so they can release a new one next year citing "it was demanded by the fans" :wink:

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 5:32 pm

kalleTheMan wrote:Image

is this the same kit we use in 2007-2008 season?

redwhiteAustrian (Global Moderator) on May 8th, 2012, 5:35 pm

Nah, in 2007/08 we've used a darker red, and the Emirates Logo as well as the numbers at the back have been printed in golden letters on the jersey.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 5:58 pm

AH thanks RWA, its a bit similar.

arsenalfan4ever (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 6:12 pm

Home and away kit both red? Surely Nike is aware that means we can't wear home or away kit if any home team is wearing red?

redwhiteAustrian (Global Moderator) on May 8th, 2012, 6:18 pm

The current blue-black -away kit will perhaps be used as our "third" strip next season.
God, I can't recall the last time we've had such an awful set of kits, thoroughly.

blaze_of_glory (Trusted Member) on May 8th, 2012, 6:49 pm

Thought I was warming to the home kit, but then I saw that target practice video. It looks dreadful on the players there. The black collar makes an already strange design even worse.

Beksl (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 6:58 pm

blaze_of_glory wrote:Thought I was warming to the home kit, but then I saw that target practice video. It looks dreadful on the players there. The black collar makes an already strange design even worse.

For the x time it's not black but navy blue..

As for the moaners, the kit is what it is, deal with it, it could be better but it could also be a lot worse. Personally I like both of them, navy blue on the sleeves is a refreshing addition IMO.

DanielVale (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 7:05 pm

Home kit is ******* awful :(

redwhiteAustrian (Global Moderator) on May 8th, 2012, 7:07 pm

It could be worse than that?
How?

:lol:

Beksl (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 7:08 pm

Was talking in general, just remember Everton's pink away kit, that's what I call awful.

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 7:15 pm

I like both kits. For a start, we don't have a cock on them.

THunter (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 7:25 pm

Think people are going overboard in their dislike for the kit, it's not half as bad as people are making out.

Cruisio (Forum Member) on May 8th, 2012, 7:26 pm

Erm...when realistically are we going to even be able to wear that away kit?

It's still going to blend badly with any other team who plays in red or the colours of West Ham/Aston Villa

What the hell is going on with Nike!?

And AntG i'm not sure tbh, the only way to find out is to probably ask the club but its highly unlikely they'd give out those figures
Previous Next

Options

tracker

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php