EPL – Arsenal vs Newcastle – 8:00pm – 12/03/12 - SS1

redanddread (Forum Member) on March 11th, 2012, 2:14 am

Bossa wrote:Raping Spurs and Milan at home and not beating Newcastle would really be something.

Oh God! Please no! That would be so typical of us. However, I really don't see the lads slipping up here. They have been given a lease of life in the race for 3rd and finishing above Spurs and I feel that with confidence gained from recent results and the boost of returning players from injury we should have too much for a very game Newcastle. I still expect a very tough match but the it's a Monday night game and hopefully the Emirates will be rocking and we shall be scoring!

caek (Forum Member) on March 11th, 2012, 2:42 am

Massive game. Anyone else extremely nervous about this fixture? We have struggled against Newcastle before and we cannot seem to find a way to capitalise when our main rivals drop points. I hope the players prove me wrong and fetch the 3-points, because a win here will put even more pressure on Spurs/Chelsea/Liverpool.

The lineup is going to be key. Wenger needs to get this right and to be fair, in our recent games, he's got it spot on. I'd definitely start Ox though. I feel as though he can really provide a spark when Newcastle defend in numbers. I don't think they'll come at us. Problem is, I don't think Wenger will start w/ both Ox and Theo. I think he feels as though they are similar players but whilst they both have similar attributes, they both provide something different too.

One other thing- Is Benayoun fit for this? Despite his strong performances, I feel as though he is a liability in defence. Gibbs was getting 2v1'd more often than not and whilst sometimes he was at fault for leaving excess space, Benayoun wasn't doing him any favours by not tracking back. Not saying that Ox will either but he certainly provides a better attacking outlet than Benayoun I reckon.

RvP up front, Ox+Theo on the wings, Rosicky+Arteta+Song as our midfield triangle. Hope this happens but more importantly, hope we bag the 3 points!

COYG.

AnthonyG (Administrator) on March 11th, 2012, 3:53 am

We've actually done quite well of late picking up points when others have faltered. This could be a difficult game and they (+ Pardew) have given us trouble before, but I reckon we'll edge it.

As for 'COYG', no, just no - we're not some cheapass Spud imitators.

progman07 (Lobby Member) on March 11th, 2012, 9:32 am

Unbelievable that we might be 1 point off the 3rd place... respect to Wenger, I wouldn't have believed that a few months ago!

kenkbc2 (Forum Member) on March 11th, 2012, 9:55 am

progman07 wrote:Unbelievable that we might be 1 point off the 3rd place... respect to Wenger, I wouldn't have believed that a few months ago!

Same here. I have given him a lot of stick this season, not that he`s going to be bothered, but looking at how things are shaping up, credit to him. I guess now I realize why I am not the manager of Arsenal Football Club!! :wink:

RUS arsenal (Forum Member) on March 11th, 2012, 10:32 am

As I said before the start of the season, this will be a rebuild year so finishing 3rd/4th would be a good result. However, I fully expect addition of some real squad depth this summer. Seeing Chamakh come on against Milan made me puke.

Seems like there were no new injuries which is a miracle in of itself after the Milan game...

Spork (Forum Member) on March 11th, 2012, 12:02 pm

Is Arteta OK to play?

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on March 11th, 2012, 12:33 pm

Spork wrote:Is Arteta OK to play?

yes mate arteta back to the squad and he is ok to play, andre santos and ramsey also back to the squad.

mistaT (Trusted Member) on March 11th, 2012, 7:05 pm

We need to shove 5 past these jammy wankers.

Love to see us a point behind and really improve our GD as we're +1 on Chelsea and -1 on Tottenham.

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on March 11th, 2012, 7:47 pm

The confidence in the squad is sky high, but I'm still worried about this one.

Arsenal 1-1 Newcastle, hope I'm just a little bit pessimistic.

redwhiteAustrian (Global Moderator) on March 11th, 2012, 7:53 pm

I'd love us to keep our run, it would be vital to beat them tomorrow before we travel to Goodison Park, another really tough game.

-------Szczesny------
Sagna-Kos-Verms-Gibbs
----Song--Arteta-----
Theo---Rosicky---Gerv
--------Robin--------

1-0 to the Arsenal

Mastadon (Forum Member) on March 11th, 2012, 8:09 pm

I dont see Newcastle as a particularly good side we have home advantage and pretty much all our players fit for this one. We should win this by a couple of goals.

Cruisio (Forum Member) on March 11th, 2012, 9:13 pm

Really? We've struggled against them before and they had a lot worse players than they do now. These days they've got several players that can really hurt us, plus a manager who loves nothing more than getting one over on us

It will be a tough game, no doubt, every single game from here on out will be. We NEED to win though and put ourselves in as great a position as possible before that very tough game against Everton

eye4goal (Forum Member) on March 11th, 2012, 9:30 pm

I'm expecting a big performance from Newcastle. Their French and African players will be well up for this one. Expecting us to come through 3-2

Herbas (Forum Member) on March 11th, 2012, 9:52 pm

What kind of play can we expect from them? I suppose that parking the bus is not really their style against big teams? How did they play against other big teams away from home?

American_Gooner (Forum Member) on March 11th, 2012, 9:54 pm

Herbas wrote:What kind of play can we expect from them? I suppose that parking the bus is not really their style against big teams? How did they play against other big teams away from home?

Drew at Old Trafford and lost at City, Pool and Sp*rs.

celestis (Global Moderator) on March 11th, 2012, 10:12 pm

They got thrashed at Spurs but they were without Tiote and Cabaye. It will be a tough game but heck we should win .

yuvken (Elite Member) on March 11th, 2012, 10:40 pm

They have a full squad - no key injuries? and has anyone seen Ben Arfa lately? this is a guy who I remember I rated highly before his big injury.

Kroket (Trusted Member) on March 11th, 2012, 10:51 pm

Ben Arfa hasn't played much under Pardew. Looks dangerous whenever he's on the pitch though.

celestis (Global Moderator) on March 11th, 2012, 10:51 pm

Saw recently v Sunderland , he isn't a starter most times and came off the bench that day as well . He is very lively outstanding dribbler and a bit like Bale tends to lose his equilibrium in the box .

kopzilla (Forum Member) on March 12th, 2012, 12:19 am

I'm just worried about our usual defensive lapses we have every match.

I think we should start with Ox and Walcott on the wings.

godfather (Forum Member) on March 12th, 2012, 12:40 am

Hope we got the 3 points and close the gap by 1 to Spurs. And that will be the best birthday present for me.

Come on you gunners!!!

The Jury (Forum Member) on March 12th, 2012, 1:06 am

I sense a really good performance coming tomorrow. Not just because we beat Milan and all the good that may bring, but the little rest they've had, the added bonus of players in form, and the motivation of going 1pt behind Spurs is a nice combination, on what may be a balmy [almost] spring evening.

USArsenal (Administrator) on March 12th, 2012, 1:49 am

why are people typing Spurs all the time now? you can type Spurs

Anzac (Forum Member) on March 12th, 2012, 2:07 am

USArsenal wrote:why are people typing Spurs all the time now? you can type Spurs

Any number of reasons but primarily because I DON'T want to,
& it's a reminder to serve it up after the crap we've gotten from the pretenders in recent times,
as well as being a visual trigger regarding what we CAN achieve when we put our minds to it. :wink: :angel 8)) :twisted: :lol:

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on March 12th, 2012, 2:48 am

USArsenal wrote:why are people typing Spurs all the time now? you can type Spurs

Why does it bother you?

Floating (Trusted Member) on March 12th, 2012, 3:17 am

DJ_Markstar wrote:

Why does it bother you?

It's a little small-time. Let's beat them to 3rd place, then we'll have the bragging rights. 8))

yuvken (Elite Member) on March 12th, 2012, 3:28 am

then we'll write: s4urs

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on March 12th, 2012, 3:48 am

Floating wrote:
DJ_Markstar wrote:

Why does it bother you?

It's a little small-time. Let's beat them to 3rd place, then we'll have the bragging rights. 8))

It's just a bit o' fun. We'll be doing both anyway, so who cares :wink:

AnthonyG (Administrator) on March 12th, 2012, 3:57 am

How can the '5' and the '2' both be 's'? :? We scored the 5, so are we also the beginning/head of 'S/5purs'? :shock: Also, shouldn't it be '5pud2'? :| Isn't the entire 5-2 scoreline/game now tainted by virtue of its incorporation into that word? :o And, finally, is this the official moniker that will appear on the commemorative DVD? :P
Previous Next

tracker