EPL - Wolves vs Arsenal - Wed 11/04, 19:45

dysphoria (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 9:32 am

Rain Dance wrote:Any player we can rest? Rosicky?

we need rozza for games like this, as **** as wolves have been, they will definitely look to put in a tackle or two and press us hard, rozza can cope with tackles flying in as he appears to be comfortable with pressing hard and putting tackles in himself.

Rain Dance (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 9:57 am

dysphoria wrote:

we need rozza for games like this, as **** as wolves have been, they will definitely look to put in a tackle or two and press us hard, rozza can cope with tackles flying in as he appears to be comfortable with pressing hard and putting tackles in himself.

fatigue can be problematic though, I wouldn't want to see Rozza ran out of breath and trollers put him as **** player cause he is tired.
he isn't young anymore, and his pressing way takes alot of energy

several other players has played too regularly, song and RvP for instance,

dysphoria (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 9:59 am

Rain Dance wrote:
dysphoria wrote:

fatigue can be problematic though, I wouldn't want to see Rozza ran out of breath and trollers put him as **** player cause he is tired.
he isn't young anymore, and his pressing way takes alot of energy

several other players has played too regularly, song and RvP for instance,

i agree, rozza, rvp, song, arteta & kos, i think wenger realizes that he NEEDS to start most of them because the alternatives(bench options) are way poorer and don't offer as much as they do.

morpho (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 10:28 am

Not sure Rosicky has two games in 4 days in him anymore...

I'll go with

back 5 (including djourou and santos)
Song Arteta
Ox
Walcott Rvp Gervinho

knowing Wenger he'll probably play Ramsey ahead of Ox though...

Rain Dance (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 10:35 am

Ramsey on the wing, Rosicky in AM, Ox, Gervinho on the bench

45% chance

THunter (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 8:14 pm

Arsène Wenger has revealed the following team news ahead of the Wolves game:

on the team news...
Gibbs is out with a fatigue of his groin, so Santos is back. Koscielny is of course suspended for two games and Gervinho is ruled out with an ankle problem. Squillaci and Park come in. The squad is quite easy to pick because all the players available are in.

on Gibbs...
Gibbs is short-term, it is more fatigue than an injury. Santos comes straight back.

on Gervinho...
He is short-term as well. He had a test today which was not completely satisfying but he is not far.

on reports Per Mertesacker had started training...
No, no, no, he is still in Germany for his rehab and he is starting his running but he is not back in training. He is fine though.

DiamondGooner (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 8:58 pm

This is a game that Oxlaide Chamberlain the guy Wenger has practically ignored for a month can actually start and not be detrimental to the team.

Also I agree one or more of our midfield could do with a break so stick Ramsey in place of Arteta where his energy for harrying and getting around the pitch will actually be of some use and give Benayoun another game with Ox and between them they can cover CAM and LW.

I would have Song and Arteta do one half each and Ramsey can cover both their positions and alternate between each half.

Beksl (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 9:03 pm

This is the time of the season when we have to go out full strength, no messing around with Ramsey in the middle etc.

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 10:08 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:This is a game that Oxlade Chamberlain the guy Wenger has practically ignored for a month can actually start and not be detrimental to the team.

Explain?

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on April 10th, 2012, 11:02 pm

Yeh, that statement makes no sense.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 11:07 pm

well i hope The ox or gervinho start wolves defense is s**te, and we need some pacey skillful wingers not ramsey. we need points now there is no time to make the same QPR game mistake.

Herbas (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 11:07 pm

THunter wrote:
Arsène Wenger has revealed the following team news ahead of the Wolves game:
Squillaci and Park come in.

Impressive reinforcements! :bounce

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 11:14 pm

so the tomorrow bench could be: Fabianski squillaci Jenkinson Ramsey Yossi Park and chamakh. Hope Ox start ahead of ramsey.

baccy_man (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 11:20 pm

Hope we don't get complacent or under estimate wolves in this game they will be fighting for every point they can get.

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on April 10th, 2012, 11:22 pm

...Gervinho is injured.

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 11:37 pm

ebouenolike wrote:...Gervinho is injured.

:(

Floating (Trusted Member) on April 10th, 2012, 11:38 pm

Oxlade please!

GG8 (Forum Member) on April 10th, 2012, 11:45 pm

If we can get an early lead we should really be looking at improving our goal difference in this game. Bottom of the table, confidence shattered and no real leadership, if we are in control we should look to punish them big style.

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on April 11th, 2012, 12:00 am

Floating wrote:Oxlade please!

Surely he must get a start now, there's no chance he's tired after the season he's had - exploit tired legs!!

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on April 11th, 2012, 12:05 am

really dont think wenger will make the same mistake and start ramsey on the wings. AOC time if he start tomorrow he will score.

mo50 (Elite Member) on April 11th, 2012, 12:33 am

I reckon Ramsey will start out wide. One thing that may happen is that Wenger rewards Benayoun for putting in a good shift. I'll be very surprised to see Oxlade starting tomorrow.

arsenallegends (Forum Member) on April 11th, 2012, 12:44 am

Of course its possible- Benayoun, Ramsey, Chamberlain, Miquel, Chamakh and Park can all come in and they are expected to do the job for AFC, especially against the bottom team.
Sagna, Song and Vermaelen are the only players that can't be rested. (Not advocating seven changes however.)

SomGooner (Forum Member) on April 11th, 2012, 1:12 am

I hope Arsène doesn't tinker with the team too much. Keep the momentum going PLEASE.

McIntyre (Forum Member) on April 11th, 2012, 3:11 am

I'll be furious if Arsène tinkers too much.

We're playing basically one game every 6/7 days from now until the end of the season. I know it's been a long season but we've still got a job to do. Securing 3rd is the priority.

Win the next 3 games and it might be guaranteed.

Mess around giving players a run out and acting like the job's done and we could be back on the brink relying on other results like we were after the QPR game.

It's simple.

Replace Kos who's suspended.

Play Santos if Gibbs is injured.

Only consider replacing Benayoun with Chamberlain, for a more attacking option, otherwise stick with Benayoun.

No other changes are reasonable. Any more than that are acts of complacency or unnecessary favouritism/loyalty.

Once we're 3 up we can bring on Ramsey, Chamakh and co.

Once we've won the next 3 or 4 games and the top 4 is secured then we can start trying to restore Ramsey's confidence or giving Chamakh a last hurrah.

Right now, no changes unless absolutely necessary.

Get the 3 points. Simple as that.

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on April 11th, 2012, 5:35 am

We play 3 (THREE) times in the league before Spurs' next game - this is a big chance to really put them under some serious pressure.

No fannying about, a good win with no injuries and then onto Wigan. 3 points.

trunks206 (Forum Member) on April 11th, 2012, 6:28 am

McIntyre wrote:I'll be furious if Arsène tinkers too much.

We're playing basically one game every 6/7 days from now until the end of the season. I know it's been a long season but we've still got a job to do. Securing 3rd is the priority.

Win the next 3 games and it might be guaranteed.

Mess around giving players a run out and acting like the job's done and we could be back on the brink relying on other results like we were after the QPR game.

It's simple.

Replace Kos who's suspended.

Play Santos if Gibbs is injured.

Only consider replacing Benayoun with Chamberlain, for a more attacking option, otherwise stick with Benayoun.

No other changes are reasonable. Any more than that are acts of complacency or unnecessary favouritism/loyalty.

Once we're 3 up we can bring on Ramsey, Chamakh and co.

Once we've won the next 3 or 4 games and the top 4 is secured then we can start trying to restore Ramsey's confidence or giving Chamakh a last hurrah.

Right now, no changes unless absolutely necessary.

Get the 3 points. Simple as that.

Great post, I completely agree. And as Ebouenolike said we need to really put the pressure on Spurs as we play 3 times in the league before they do. 9 points is a must.

I just dont get how people can suggest that we give players that we all know just arent good enough *cough* Chamakh *cough* game time at this juncture of the season.

----Szczesny
Sagna-DJ-TV-Santos
---Song--Arteta
-----Rosicky
Theo-RVP-Benayoun

Ox off the bench as Wenger doesnt start him away and we need a game changer if things are going horribly wrong. *touch wood*

redanddread (Forum Member) on April 11th, 2012, 8:13 am

Stick with the team that won vs $hitty plus replacements for those out with injury.

Happy for Benny to continue out on the left. His work ethic, pace and trickery will be welcome. Wolves usually have two good wingers and Santos could probably use the help that Benny will provide. Maybe AOC might start instead of Theo, otherwise bring him off the bench later on.

If we can get a couple of early goals I reckon we can kill off Wolves spirit-they are almost as good as dead in the race for EPL survival.

They will be up for this from the start though, so important that we see out the early storm (without conceding), take control of the match and put a few of our undoubted chances away and we should be able to return home happy as Larry with all 3 pts.

THunter (Forum Member) on April 11th, 2012, 8:41 am

As expected the Wolves manager has come out and said little old Wolves never get any decisions, typical really. Putting pressure on the ref tonight to give them something, i just hope we stay focused and don't do anything stupid (i'm looking at you Djourou).

Anyway, i'd like to see this side:

---------Szczesny-------
Sagna-Djoruou-TV-Santos-
------Arteta-Song-------
---------Rosicky--------
Theo------Robin------Ox-

Go for it early on, Wolves need to win themselves so we should definitely get the chances and i hope Robin starts scoring again tonight.

GDeep (Forum Member) on April 11th, 2012, 10:03 am

Gervinho will start tonight me thinks. Wolves have to win, just like Blackburn yesterday, they will have to take chances and im expecting us to exploit that.

Glovegun (Trusted Member) on April 11th, 2012, 10:04 am

Benayoun warrants another game, and if he is prepared to play a similar role next season at the club then I wouldn't mind the deal being made permanent.

Szczesny

Sagna Djourou Vermaelen Santos

Arteta Song Rosicky

Walcott v. Persie Benayoun
Previous Next

tracker