EPL - Arsenal v Wigan Athletic - Mon 16th Apr 8:00pm - SS1

THunter (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:12 pm

Aguero should and will win that easilly, top player.

fabo (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:15 pm

Ox shouldn't be in there for me.

Aguero is hitting 24 aswell, they need to lower the age limit for the YPOTY.

RVP's odds are 1/4 for POTY, next is Silva/Rooney at 6/1 - RVP has it wrapped up.

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:19 pm

Aguero for me, Bale has been good too.

SomGooner (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:28 pm

What has Sp*ds players done to merit such nomination? The same way Ox has no business in being amongst the nominees.

Kompany, Mata and Ba all deserved to be on that list.

morpho (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:29 pm

come on, we all know they will give it to ma... i mean welbeck

THunter (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:31 pm

This was done in February.
No Krul, Ba, Mata and Skrtel is a bit of a joke.

SomGooner (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:32 pm

DJ_Markstar wrote:Final request

8-0

5 for Robin
hatty for Theo.

Let's do this.

:D :D :D

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:32 pm

Aguero cost £38 million and is established. Should be nowhere near PFA Young Player of the Year, similar to how Cesc/Ronaldo didn't win it.

Arsenal's record for home fixtures on a Monday since 1997/98 is: P14 W14 D0 L0 F38 A6

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:33 pm

Arsenal's record for home fixtures on a Monday since 1997/98 is: P14 W14 D0 L0 F38 A6

Nice.

SomGooner (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:34 pm

THunter wrote:This was done in February.
No Krul, Ba, Mata and Kompany is a bit of a joke.

There.

redwhiteAustrian (Global Moderator) on April 16th, 2012, 5:35 pm

Now that's some record.

SomGooner (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:38 pm

It's quite funny and bit embarrassing as well how most of us are feeling nervous about this one! We've been through hell lately as Gooners indeed.

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:42 pm

ebouenolike wrote:Aguero cost £38 million and is established. Should be nowhere near PFA Young Player of the Year, similar to how Cesc/Ronaldo didn't win it.

The trouble is that the definition does not meet the expectations.

If they'd called it the "breakthrough player of the year" or similar, then your argument makes sense. As it is, if Aguero is young enough to win it then he should. He's been the best "young" player.

My personal feeling is that a player is not young any more at 24. Should be like U21 or similar.

halfvolley (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:44 pm

Vinci wrote:Out of 24 goals, Rooney scored 6 penalty's, which equals to 25%. RVP scored 2 penalty's out of 27, which is 7,4%.

Thanks - and according to this link: http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/PR/leadsc.html Shrek has a total of 32 goals in all competitions where 9(!) of those are penalties. Compare this to RVP's 34 goals with just 4 of those being penalties...

Robin, don't let that penalty taking shrek-faced GILF enthusiast beat you in the top scoring competition! :bash

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:45 pm

SomGooner wrote: We've been through hell lately as Gooners indeed.

If 9 league wins out of 10 is hell then sign me up.

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:47 pm

ebouenolike wrote:

BUT WE LOST TO QPR! WENGER OUT!

Flow (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:52 pm

SomGooner wrote:
THunter wrote:This was done in February.
No Krul, Ba, Mata and Kompany is a bit of a joke.

There.

WAIT WHAT?

And ******* Parker is in the list! What the holy ****. I'm already afraid for the best squad of the season.

BTW, why do they do this when the season is not over yet? If RVP doesn't win, it's a disgrace.

SomGooner (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:58 pm

ebouenolike wrote:

Let me re-phrase that, we've been through hell for the past 7 years. Is that better now? apart from the 8 wins on the trot we've still suffered, don't you agree? we lost 8-2 to Manure, 4-2 to bloody Blackburn, 4-0 to Milan, 3-2 to Swansea, 2-1 to Fulham after we took the lead and the worst of all we gifted the Sp*ds 3 valuable points that we could do with.

clockwork orange (Elite Member) on April 16th, 2012, 5:59 pm

Come on Arsenal!

Just get me a comfortable 8 point cushion.

Bossa (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 6:16 pm

The Ox must start!

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on April 16th, 2012, 6:19 pm

Bossa wrote:The Ox must start!

I'd love him too, but I doubt it. Benayoun and Walcott both scored last week, and Benayoun is ineligible vs Chelsea on Saturday.

redwhiteAustrian (Global Moderator) on April 16th, 2012, 6:22 pm

We should throw Ox in in the second half, but inplace of Rosicky.
Would like to see him again as our CAM.

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on April 16th, 2012, 6:24 pm

SomGooner wrote:Let me re-phrase that, we've been through hell for the past 7 years. Is that better now? apart from the 8 wins on the trot we've still suffered, don't you agree? we lost 8-2 to Manure, 4-2 to bloody Blackburn, 4-0 to Milan, 3-2 to Swansea, 2-1 to Fulham after we took the lead and the worst of all we gifted the Sp*ds 3 valuable points that we could do with.

I'd hardly say it's been 'hell', but I'll give you it's been disappointing. But we've turned a corner recently, and I'm just enjoying that after feeling so frustrated for the first half of the season.

Also, we lost 4-3 to Blackburn, don't rob Chamakh of his solitary league goal this season :lol:

THunter (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 6:37 pm

Was behind the goal for Chamakhs header, absolute animal that bloke, the new Drogba.

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on April 16th, 2012, 6:39 pm

THunter wrote:Was behind the goal for Chamakhs header, absolute animal that bloke, the new Drogba.

You poor poor bastard. Being at that game must have been ludicrously frustrating.

THunter (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 6:46 pm

Worst game I've been to in years, Mertesacker missed an absolute sitter in the last minute as well.

Anyway, any team news yet?

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 6:48 pm

Emmanuel Frimpong ‏ @Frimpong26AFC
Am Sorry But this is utter nonsense How is Scott Parker choosen Ahead of Alex Song for PFA player of the Year. How song wish he was English

Frimpong legend.

SomGooner (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 6:49 pm

ebouenolike wrote:
SomGooner wrote:Let me re-phrase that, we've been through hell for the past 7 years. Is that better now? apart from the 8 wins on the trot we've still suffered, don't you agree? we lost 8-2 to Manure, 4-2 to bloody Blackburn, 4-0 to Milan, 3-2 to Swansea, 2-1 to Fulham after we took the lead and the worst of all we gifted the Sp*ds 3 valuable points that we could do with.

I'd hardly say it's been 'hell', but I'll give you it's been disappointing. But we've turned a corner recently, and I'm just enjoying that after feeling so frustrated for the first half of the season.

Also, we lost 4-3 to Blackburn, don't rob Chamakh of his solitary league goal this season :lol:

I really thought we lost 4-2! :D

Floating (Trusted Member) on April 16th, 2012, 7:06 pm

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Djourou, Santos, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Benayoun, Walcott, Van Persie (c).

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on April 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm

Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Djourou, Santos, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Benayoun, Walcott, Van Persie (c).

Substitutes: Fabianski, Gibbs, Squillaci, Ramsey, Gervinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh.
Previous Next

tracker