Official Arsenal Transfer Rumours - Summer 2012

Lord Dula (Elite Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:11 pm

Podolski rumours today

Gervais will fill you in

Marquis (Forum Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:13 pm

And we begin with Lucas Podolski (allegedly) agreeing terms with Arsenal, but the fee still remains to be sorted.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/podol ... .bild.html

SiMamu (Forum Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:13 pm

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/podol ... .bild.html
German newspaper, Bild, reliable - first to report Reus to Dortmund, say that we have agreed personal terms with Lukas Podolski but a transfer fee with Koln is yet to be agreed.

Marquis (Forum Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:14 pm

We've got six months to sort out a fee.

Should be done by deadline day then ;)

Gervais (Forum Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:15 pm

Thank you.

dan_bu ‏ @dan_bu
Lukas Podolski has agreed on terms with Arsenal, according to "Bild". [Sky Sport News HD] #AFC

FourFourTom ‏ @FourFourTom
Arsenal haven't agreed a deal to sign Podolski, they've only agreed personal terms. Clubs still need to agree. It's by no means a done deal.

Renato ‏ @th14Renato
According to German newspaper Bild, Arsenal have agreed terms with Lukas Podolski.

They're not Götze rumours but they'll do for now.

Lord Dula (Elite Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:16 pm

No probs.

Somebody should page dwd

Irish_Owen (Elite Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:17 pm

This is turning into quite the week.

SiMamu (Forum Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:17 pm

Last week there were reports we were going to try and sign Podolski and Gotze... Podolski seems to be close, maybe Gotze will be next :bounce Gervais

Picklesnipe (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Weeks like this you fall back into love with football.

Enoch (Forum Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Is this our new transfer policy? Agree terms with players first, then worry about the fee later? We agreed terms with Hazard but didnt cough up the money in the summer, now we agreed terms with Lukas, are we going to cough up the money in the summer?

OisinS94 (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Oooh nice, hope they are true. :)

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Podolski signing will be fantastic..RVP and poldi spearheading our attack would be devastating

23AndreyArshavin (Forum Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Podolski and one of Hazard or Gotze will make me very pleased, can't see us getting either of the latter though :(

Picklesnipe (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:21 pm

I have a bad feeling he will only be signed if/when Van Persie leaves.

I just don't think RVP will hold on for another year, my heart tells me he will go.

OisinS94 (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Weeks like this make you fall back in love with Arsenal again. :)

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Picklesnipe wrote:I have a bad feeling he will only be signed if/when Van Persie leaves.

I just don't think RVP will hold on for another year, my heart tells me he will go.

Really? For me it's opposite. With cesc and nasri I was resigned to them leaving but with RVP I feel he is dedicated enough to say.

D-A-Chris (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:23 pm

This is strange at this time of the season but must be to show RVP that the club has ambition....plus might mean that hazard rumours of him going to spuds are true as I can't see us buying both

Picklesnipe (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:26 pm

van the man 10 wrote:
Picklesnipe wrote:I have a bad feeling he will only be signed if/when Van Persie leaves.

Really? For me it's opposite. With cesc and nasri I was resigned to them leaving but with RVP I feel he is dedicated enough to say.

I think Madrid will sell Higuain, and Van Persie will be summoned.

A chance to be managed by Mourinho, and join the La Liga and possibly European champions with one of, if not the best squad in Europe will be impossible to turn down.

Podolski is probably the best RVP replacement in our price bracket though. If we get £30million for RVP, half can go on signing Poldi and the other half I would put towards a playmaker with world class potential, someone like Christian Eriksen.

SiMamu (Forum Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:28 pm

I feel different about RVP leaving to how I did over Cesc and Nasri. I wanted them to leave after a while but with RVP I want at all costs for him to stay.

OisinS94 (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:41 pm

Germans are born winners, they are usually like a machine at every tournement with their Blitzkrei...... i mean counter attacking tactics.

Eduardo_da_Silva (Forum Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:43 pm

I'm a bit sceptical about Poldi. His time at Bayern worries me.Seems like a player for smaller clubs. Hope im wrong though.

P.S. I thought I saw somebody saying we have an agreement for Suarez as well. Don't think well sign both of them.

moonpig1981 (Forum Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:47 pm

Poldi could play the left side of our attack or up front with rvp playing a bergkamp type role this gives us a great deal of options if it's true :)

spartandre217 (Forum Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:54 pm

I don't know what to think of this Podolski thing to be honest. With the rumours of Matias Suarez also joining up with us in the summer it might mean that either RVP is guaranteed to leave or we're going to be freeing up a whole lotta space in the squad come summer.

Squillaci and Almunia are obviously on the outs so this probably means Chamakh, Park and Diaby are likely to be on the chopping block as well.

Can't say I'd be unhappy with that.

WrightIsGod (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:56 pm

Is the Podolski move good or bad news in respect to RVP?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1084 ... s-podolski

Gunner-br (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 8:59 pm

i think he's coming to raplace arshavin

passenal (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 9:03 pm

i've been reading in this forum for about two years now and this is my first post. so let me add some fuel to the fire straight away. :twisted: this is an article from a far more reliable newspaper in germany: http://www.welt.de/sport/fussball/bunde ... rfekt.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So apparently they are just picking up the story from Bild, claiming that Arsenal and Cologne have agreed personal terms.

This rumour is certainly hotting up!! But I have to force myself to remain sceptical. :|

Str8upGooner (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 9:07 pm

Great news if this is true. Always thought he was quality, he's just the sort of player we need, and he should be cheap too, leaving the door open for more to join.

Wellington Silva 11 (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 9:07 pm

It would be great to have Podolski, him and Persie up front makes me happy !

I would expect us to get Podolski, Matias Suarez and one player that nobody knows.

SiMamu (Forum Member) on February 28th, 2012, 9:13 pm

We need to complete the deal before Euro 12.

jani (Lobby Member) on February 28th, 2012, 9:14 pm

Podolski and others of that bracket are dependent on our season finish imo. It's not surprising that they haven't agreed a fee yet (een if true that they agreed personal terms). If Arsenal don't make the CL then rightfully the price for Podolski should go up (assuming he would still want to come) as clubs will know we would be desperate to get quality players in, to make a push for a quick return to the CL, and they know that we have a lot of money.

Another factor is the Euros, if Podolski has a great Euros then his price goes up, its in the sellers best interest to wait and see. Additionally, a great Euros opens the door for other clubs to be interested, and thus drives up the price the seller can command.

One last factor is van Persie, if he leaves then any forward we go after will have a higher price.

Nothing is going to happen on this oe way or the other until after the Euros imo.
Next

Options

tracker