The FA Cup 2011/12

Kroket (Trusted Member) on March 17th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Can't help but relive the Puerta, Feher and Foe tragedies. I pray to every God out there it doesn't come to that.

celestis (Global Moderator) on March 17th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Come on Fabrice.

eye4goal (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 7:47 pm

Really sickening. Hope he recovers

mistaT (Trusted Member) on March 17th, 2012, 7:50 pm

Surprising how much this can affect you....was watching it live and have to say it really has me shook up.

GDeep (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 7:51 pm

Not comfortable with the ESPN continuously hinting at the worst. It's seems very bad though.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 7:52 pm

OMG Muamba hope he is ok come on muamba.

arsmile (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 7:56 pm

mistaT wrote:Surprising how much this can affect you....was watching it live and have to say it really has me shook up.

very true....i feel awful.

just hoping...

The Jury (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 7:56 pm

Apparently there's a rumour on Twitter saying they got him breathing again in the ambulance. Let's hope that's true...

HollandGooner (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 7:56 pm

Was just reading on Redcafe, there are rumors going on that he started to breath in the ambulance, I do not know how to take that seriously from (twitter)

dave_rwr (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 7:57 pm

The Jury wrote:Apparently there's a rumour on Twitter saying they got him breathing again in the ambulance. Let's hope that's true...

Praying that's the case.

krengon (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 7:57 pm

Hoping for the best!! Come on Muamba!

Armor for Sleep (Elite Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:00 pm

GDeep wrote:Not comfortable with the ESPN continuously hinting at the worst. It's seems very bad though.

That was ridiculous. They should have quit the show quickly instead of chatting sh*t for 30 minutes

TheCMT (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:01 pm

The Jury wrote:Apparently there's a rumour on Twitter saying they got him breathing again in the ambulance. Let's hope that's true...

If its true its brilliant news.

The Jury (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:03 pm

Seriously, **** knows how someone tweets news so quick - particularly a medic. I really hope this isn't some fuking idiot jumping the gun.

USArsenal (Administrator) on March 17th, 2012, 8:04 pm

we actually had company at the house and just had this game on the background until my wife noticed the faces of the fans they were showing.. everyone stopped and were glued to the TV after this.. i had been recording the game.. f*ck me this is hard to watch. very disturbing, even my wife was getting a little choked up.. i pray that he's OK. waiting to hear some further news

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Am sure he will be ok come on muamba be strong.

Gooner_Stu (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:06 pm

The Jury wrote:Seriously, **** knows how someone tweets news so quick - particularly a medic. I really hope this isn't some fuking idiot jumping the gun.

This is 1 reason why I hate social networks, there might be some truths from it but whose the source and how do they know? Or is it just someone ******* around with peoples emotions.

Beksl (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:07 pm

I'm stunned! Hope he recovers, heart goes out to Fabrice and his family.

The Jury (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:12 pm

Just had another look and he was certainly moving when tbe first guy got to him and put him on his side. He looked to be having a fit lying on his front. Can't have been a heart attack otherwide he'd have been out like a light almost instantly. Points to brain injury/aneurysm.

Vinci (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:14 pm

Shocking news! My thoughts are with him.

amirkat (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:15 pm

In shock. Hope to God he pulls through.

USArsenal (Administrator) on March 17th, 2012, 8:16 pm

i hope we here something soon. i would love to hear that he's made it through (regardless if he ever plays football again)

dave_rwr (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Pictures of him with his son popping up on Twitter are heartbreaking. Seems to be a real, genuine man.

GDeep (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Armor for Sleep wrote:
GDeep wrote:Not comfortable with the ESPN continuously hinting at the worst. It's seems very bad though.

That was ridiculous. They should have quit the show quickly instead of chatting sh*t for 30 minutes

Yeah, can't believe the commentator brought up an incident of death in similar circumstances while Muamba had barely been off the pitch for minutes and was still receiving treatment.

TheCMT (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:20 pm

The Jury wrote:Just had another look and he was certainly moving when tbe first guy got to him and put him on his side. He looked to be having a fit lying on his front. Can't have been a heart attack otherwide he'd have been out like a light almost instantly. Points to brain injury/aneurysm.

Though he was defibrillated as the news came in via Guardian. Why would be a defib be used in aneurysm. Could be seizure leading to to cardiac arrest. What ever it was hope he makes through.

Quicker than Walcott (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Please God :(

Kroket (Trusted Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Muamba's always been a fighter on the pitch, I hope with all my heart he can make it through this. Unreal, this :(

Gooner_Stu (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:27 pm

GDeep wrote:
Armor for Sleep wrote:

Yeah, can't believe the commentator brought up an incident of death in similar circumstances while Muamba had barely been off the pitch for minutes and was still receiving treatment.

Not to make comparisons but when Indycar driver Dan Wheldon was killed at Las Vegas late last year, the TV coverage continued for 2 hours with commentators talking about the crash and then talking to all the other drivers about the crash. This was all going on whilst Dan Wheldon was being taken to hospital and noone knew anything about his condition then.

It was handled well, Ill give them that and ESPN tonight was no different. What can you do, theres no guide or plan inplace for the TV presenters to fall back on when horrible things happen, such as at WHL tonight. I think it does take some courage to continue (as Im sure their producer or someone was telling them too) and hope that you can deliver some good news.

TheCMT (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:29 pm

some one tweeted that it has been confirmed on SSN that he resumed his breathing can anyone confirm

The Jury (Forum Member) on March 17th, 2012, 8:30 pm

This was posted on RAWK:

My brother has just read that the ambulance crew confirmed they got Fabrice breathing again. A Liverpool related facebook group, he said.
Previous Next

Options

tracker