1-2 :|

Yaya (Trusted Member) on May 27th, 2012, 9:39 pm

Ribery 2-2.

Yaya (Trusted Member) on May 27th, 2012, 9:41 pm

Rami 3-2.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on May 27th, 2012, 9:46 pm

Giroud with tow assist good good.

GUNNERS4L1FE (Forum Member) on May 27th, 2012, 9:47 pm

Giroud has looked pretty good since coming on.

patrick42uk (Elite Member) on May 27th, 2012, 9:53 pm

After watching first half, wondered how France would score goals. Nasri for France in the hole is more a hinderance than a positive. But you have the say, the link play between Ben arfa and benzema very promising indeed. Ribery you think would start as well and he was breezing past players and viroid looks a super super sub in the making

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on May 27th, 2012, 9:59 pm

Nasri should be on the bench at euros he is not good enough to start.

Lloris

Debuchy Rami Kosh Clichy

M'vila Cabaye

Menez Ben Arfa Ribrey

Benzema

and you have decent players on the bench like Giroud Nasri.

SomGooner (Forum Member) on May 27th, 2012, 10:17 pm

Just like Arsène I'm a huge fan of Hatem as well and I wish we had him at Arsenal. Blanc will be mad if he doesn't include him in his final 23.

England will have a field day against the french defenders especially Carroll against Mexes. I think we'll beat them. :D

Beksl (Forum Member) on May 27th, 2012, 10:24 pm

I think England will have a hard time scoring with Carroll leading the line and Downing providing assists.

Bossa (Forum Member) on May 27th, 2012, 10:30 pm

Mexes is a pathetic defender. But it seems that he was captain tonight so I doubt that Koscielny will take his place. Rami is probably nailed as starter too.

GDeep (Forum Member) on May 27th, 2012, 10:53 pm

Germany and Spain are stand-out teams, but there is a crop below these two and I don't think their is much to separate them - Holland, England, France etc.

I'll be supporting England this time round, I like Roy, Terry etc, few gooners in the squad and my boy Neville is a part of the camp. Normally support Holland, have done since the Bergkamp days, the dutch of the mid-late 90's were probably the most exciting/interesting crop of players iv ever seen, but gone off them in recent years, they don't have the characters, their average defenders annoy me too, Wilfred Bouma, still? Come on.

Beksl (Forum Member) on May 27th, 2012, 10:56 pm

GDeep, are you gutted your boy Joey wasn't called up?

GDeep (Forum Member) on May 27th, 2012, 11:08 pm

:lol:

Seriously though, his England ship has sailed, he wasn't good this season anyway.

He had the talent for England though, combination of his own mistakes and the media unfairly targeting him meant he never stood any chance of getting more than his sole England cap.

One of the most talented English players of his generation.

patrick42uk (Elite Member) on May 27th, 2012, 11:12 pm

yousif_persie wrote:Nasri should be on the bench at euros he is not good enough to start.

Lloris

Debuchy Rami Kosh Clichy

M'vila Cabaye

Menez Ben Arfa Ribrey

Benzema

and you have decent players on the bench like Giroud Nasri.

I agree with that team. Evra and mexes are weak links.

France at times were irresistible playing through traffic with clever one twos. We aspire to play this way - maybe our quality from wide let's us down a little, but I do feel that poldi from the right and gervinho fully refreshed from the left off a target man could produce similar.

GDeep (Forum Member) on May 28th, 2012, 1:36 am

Ben Arfa with one or two good performances in the remaining friendlies must surely be pushing for a start, probably on the right. France stepped up after being 2 down, their fans remained positive - Benzema, Nasri, Ben Arfa etc were all given applause when they went off at 1-2, you wouldn't have see that under Domenech. New vibe about the French.

Barry out of the Euros it seems, Henderson will most likely take his place. Wouldn't be anywhere near the England squad had Wilshere and Cleverly remained fit.

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on May 28th, 2012, 3:50 am

Beksl wrote:I think England will have a hard time scoring with Carroll leading the line and Downing providing assists.

:lol: :lol:

Glovegun (Trusted Member) on May 28th, 2012, 10:12 am

GDeep wrote::lol:

Seriously though, his England ship has sailed, he wasn't good this season anyway.

He had the talent for England though, combination of his own mistakes and the media unfairly targeting him meant he never stood any chance of getting more than his sole England cap.

One of the most talented English players of his generation.

I hope that's a joke. I think the whole thing about him being particularly talented is a complete falsehood. He's a decent midfielder who can keep things ticking over. There's not really anything that Barton can do that Danny Murphy can't. Or Leon Britton.

Also, the media didn't unfairly target him. He deserves all the stick he gets. Unfortunately, people with fame and talent (not just footballers) sometimes seem to think they can behave exactly as they want. Just how much do you let someone off with purely because he's a professional footballer?

Armor for Sleep (Elite Member) on May 28th, 2012, 10:39 am

Out of curiosity, will there be a temporary forum for the euro's like there was for the world cup? One sole thread for it would seem a little lacking, i imagine this will have way more attention than the likes of the ANC, Copa America etc.

Bossa (Forum Member) on May 28th, 2012, 10:40 am

Dont understand why that wanker Evra is still in France after what he did.

clockwork orange (Elite Member) on May 28th, 2012, 10:50 am

Why replace Barry with Jagielka?

If Rooney gets injured, will he be replaced by Richards?

dpt49 (Banned) on May 28th, 2012, 11:04 am

It just shows what a weak squad we have when we are concerned that Gareth Barry is going to miss the Euro's.
He is not a bad player, but he is hardly going to be the difference between us doing well or not.

He is about one level up from Denilson, oh alright maybe two.

I can't think of another Arsenal player, who is similar.

Dokaka (Forum Member) on May 28th, 2012, 11:25 am

Don't understand the hate for Barry on here. I guess starting almost every single game for the team that won the league, let in the fewest goals and scored the most isn't good enough to get any credit.

Insanely underrated player imo. He does a job on the pitch, it's not flashe or highlight worthy but it's very valuable and the team would suffer if he wasn't on the pitch (as City did the few games he didn't play).

He's arguably on par with Arteta.

Glovegun (Trusted Member) on May 28th, 2012, 11:27 am

clockwork orange wrote:Why replace Barry with Jagielka?

If Rooney gets injured, will he be replaced by Richards?

Calling up Jagielka probably means that Hodgson considers Jones a better bet in central midfield than Henderson, which I'd probably agree with. I'm not really a big Jones fan, and I find England about as fun to watch as paint drying, but if we're going to embrace the physical, organised way of playing then Jones in the middle would be a better bet than Henderson. Worked fairly well against Spain.

I don't think you can call up anyone who wasn't named in the provisional squad, so England's standby options are Butland (called up to replace Ruddy), Jagielka, Kelly, Henderson, Adam Johnson and Sturridge. Apparently Richards and Carrick would've been on that list, but they would only countenance playing if they were named in the full squad.

Armor for Sleep (Elite Member) on May 28th, 2012, 11:33 am

What other available options do England have in central midfield? I can't think of anyone. Cleverley maybe although isn't he injured?

fabo (Forum Member) on May 28th, 2012, 12:05 pm

Barry gets found out for England anyway, nowhere near good enough. He's had a solid season at City but playing for England is a world away from Yaya Toure and David Silva. Barry gets exposed and looks like a carthorse, heavy-legged.

Bossa (Forum Member) on May 28th, 2012, 1:18 pm

Italy's first option left back Criscito(Zenit) misses the Euros because of max fixing allegations. He says that he's innocent but if you miss the EC because of this there must be some truth in it.

http://www.football-italia.net/19308/cr ... -say-italy

SomGooner (Forum Member) on May 28th, 2012, 1:22 pm

Why not call up Carrick who offers more than what Barry and Parker ever could?

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on May 28th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Because Carrick is about as average as they come.

ferrarif50hunt (Forum Member) on May 28th, 2012, 1:30 pm

DJ_Markstar wrote:Because Carrick is about as average as they come.

He's better than Barry and Milner though.

AFC-Phil (Elite Member) on May 28th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Dokaka wrote:Don't understand the hate for Barry on here. I guess starting almost every single game for the team that won the league, let in the fewest goals and scored the most isn't good enough to get any credit.

Insanely underrated player imo. He does a job on the pitch, it's not flashe or highlight worthy but it's very valuable and the team would suffer if he wasn't on the pitch (as City did the few games he didn't play).

He's arguably on par with Arteta.

He has the most comfortable job in football. He's literally on the pitch to sit deep and pass the ball forward and release the ball early. De Jong is abysmal on the ball, so he can't do it, and Pizarro doesn't want to be that disciplined. Nasri would take an age to release the ball, and would struggle with the defensive demands of such a position.

He a reasonably poor player, in a system that brings out his strengths and masks his weaknesses. Simply put, he's carried by their system and other world class midfielders - Yaya, Silva. He's City's most dispensable player, alongside Nasri. Arteta on the other hand is the structure of the system, and arguably carries ours. It's amazing to think how he carried the likes of Ramsey and Song earlier in the year.

He's certainly not anywhere near Arteta's level.
Previous Next

tracker