The Wish List

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on November 26th, 2011, 1:27 pm

mavelous wrote:Are you guys wanting a striker that will play only when RvP isn't playing? that's sorta wasteful.

I want the type of striker who can play both wide and up front. Like a Balotelli or Aguero.

mavelous (Trusted Member) on November 26th, 2011, 2:37 pm

ebouenolike wrote:
mavelous wrote:Are you guys wanting a striker that will play only when RvP isn't playing? that's sorta wasteful.

I want the type of striker who can play both wide and up front. Like a Balotelli or Aguero.

or Reus. he's supposedly capable of playing SS ala Aguero at City. or would that take away from RvP's game. it could also undermine our ball retention in the middle, unless we have benayoung or chambo drifting in from the wings. then you'd have Reus, Rvp, and Walcott/Gervinho was intelligent movement upfront. i just wish people would describe the qualities of a player and the nuances of them fitting into our gameplan.

Can we discuss Gourcuff? i'll start it off. he seems incredibly slow.

truth_hurts (Forum Member) on November 26th, 2011, 2:49 pm

ebouenolike wrote:

This. Throws Pato's name into the hat.

mavelous (Trusted Member) on November 26th, 2011, 3:03 pm

truth_hurts wrote:
ebouenolike wrote:

This. Throws Pato's name into the hat.

His qualities being....? (besides the dreamy looking brazilian of course)

truth_hurts (Forum Member) on November 26th, 2011, 6:06 pm

Pato:

Very direct, 2 footed, quick, great first touch, excellent dribbling, good finisher and can play across the forward line. Only drawback is his injury record but we have Theo and RVP so can hardly chastise him for that.

eye4goal (Forum Member) on November 26th, 2011, 9:49 pm

Lavezzi/Reus £15-20m and Hernanes/N Gaitan £20m. Sell Arshavin and Chamakh for a combined £10m or so

THunter (Forum Member) on November 26th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Defo want a winger brought in, in Jan. Also wouldn't mind us getting another attacking midfielder if it means getting rid of the dead weight, Rosicky, Arshavin and Chamakh.

fabo (Forum Member) on November 26th, 2011, 11:00 pm

AM to compete with Ramsey
Wide forward/CF to replace Arshavin/Chamakh.

THunter (Forum Member) on November 26th, 2011, 11:06 pm

Seems we all agree, just hope Arsène does too.

Vela (Forum Member) on November 27th, 2011, 12:40 am

A lot of people are mentioning Podolski. I see the idea of getting a striker who can play on the wing and up front. Because we all know AW won't change the formation. Would Podolski suit the Premiership? I agree on the attacking midfielder also. We've got 50/60 Million to spend reportedly.

Armor for Sleep (Elite Member) on November 27th, 2011, 12:45 am

Gotze
Flamini

Beksl (Forum Member) on November 27th, 2011, 12:53 am

I don't want Pato, he's a quality player but he's also seriously injury prone, he'll get murdered in the PL IMO.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on November 27th, 2011, 1:01 am

a good winger to replace arshavin thanks you. because gervinho will leave us because the ACN and then we will be in trouble.

arsenallegends (Forum Member) on November 27th, 2011, 9:30 pm

Moussa Dembele please.

Floating (Trusted Member) on November 27th, 2011, 11:12 pm

He was fairly impressive against us, but didn't manage to do anything of note, really. He's a decent player, but he doesn't score nearly enough for his position.

mavelous (Trusted Member) on November 28th, 2011, 1:15 am

Floating wrote:He was fairly impressive against us, but didn't manage to do anything of note, really. He's a decent player, but he doesn't score nearly enough for his position.

So does that mean we need at least two players? one reliable goalscorer whatever the position, and another creative player to up the quality of build up and chance creation? I was hoping we'd find a player with all these qualities lol. if only Kaka weren't injury prone. If Diaby hits form and keeps injury free, it'll rule out Gourcuff as well.

Floating (Trusted Member) on November 28th, 2011, 1:19 am

mavelous wrote:
Floating wrote:He was fairly impressive against us, but didn't manage to do anything of note, really. He's a decent player, but he doesn't score nearly enough for his position.

So does that mean we need at least two players? one reliable goalscorer whatever the position, and another creative player to up the quality of build up and chance creation? I was hoping we'd find a player with all these qualities lol. if only Kaka weren't injury prone. If Diaby hits form and keeps injury free, it'll rule out Gourcuff as well.

Not exactly — I just meant that I don't think Dembele is necessarily the best player to look at.

mistaT (Trusted Member) on November 28th, 2011, 6:54 am

mavelous wrote:So does that mean we need at least two players? one reliable goalscorer whatever the position, and another creative player to up the quality of build up and chance creation? I was hoping we'd find a player with all these qualities lol. if only Kaka weren't injury prone. If Diaby hits form and keeps injury free, it'll rule out Gourcuff as well.

Gourcuff is budget, really doubt we'll see him moving to Arsenal as I can't imagine we're interested. But Diaby isn't the answer either as we need someone to spot and play passes quicker than Ramsey - which Diaby certainly doesn't do.

I think its a fair shout we need a goalscorer as we'll only have RVP (well into the 'Red Zone' by January' and Park when Chamakh leaves for Africa. Makes you think that having Bendtner around wouldn't be such a bad option....

Still think Podolski seems a good fit though he'd probably fair better wide, Amauri has been rumored to be heading to England (meh), and past there I really can't think of many readily available strikers.

Hulk is a pipe dream, Falcao should have been snagged last summer, Darren Bent is another personal pipe dream, and so on.....you know Wenger will pull someone out of a hat. But this time he needs to be sure they'll be ready to play serious minutes, and contribute. Don't want to see another Park signing in January.

Figure it out Wenger

Glovegun (Trusted Member) on November 28th, 2011, 10:48 am

We need someone to stick the ball in the back of the net when Robin is injured or out of form, and ideally a playmaker to break down defensive teams at home - Saturday being a case in point.

fabo (Forum Member) on November 28th, 2011, 12:14 pm

Granero and Lavezzi.

Could think of better options but both would be affordable and somewhat realistic.

entropy13 (Forum Member) on November 28th, 2011, 12:17 pm

ebouenolike wrote:I want the type of striker who can play both wide and up front. Like a Balotelli or Aguero.

Like me? 8))

:lol:

I can play on both wings, and I can play up front. :wink:

Bossa (Forum Member) on November 28th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

Anzac (Forum Member) on November 28th, 2011, 2:01 pm

fabo wrote:Granero and Lavezzi.

Could think of better options but both would be affordable and somewhat realistic.

I'd be stoked if we got that sort of quality / capability,
but still leaves us short of a genuine goal scorer to lead the line.

THunter (Forum Member) on November 29th, 2011, 11:06 pm

Nothing new,

Chamakh, Squillaci and Arshavin out.
Podolski,Gotze in.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on November 29th, 2011, 11:11 pm

just buy a striker who can shoot and score goals, sell chamakh and arsha.

spartandre217 (Forum Member) on November 29th, 2011, 11:39 pm

We'll be saying the same f***ing thing at the end of the season too unfortunately :(

mavelous (Trusted Member) on November 29th, 2011, 11:44 pm

I'll be proper relieved as long as I don't see that truckface Arshavin anymore. how much crap do we gooners have to put up with just for occasional flashes?

THunter (Forum Member) on November 29th, 2011, 11:50 pm

mavelous wrote:I'll be proper relieved as long as I don't see that truckface Arshavin anymore. how much crap do we gooners have to put up with just for occasional flashes?
Thing is, he's not even giving us them any more, seriously i can't remember the last time he he done something of note, Barca at home maybe?

Bossa (Forum Member) on November 29th, 2011, 11:54 pm

I'd take Anelka or Drogba. I think that Wenger still can get two years from them. They have to be happy to be 2nd choice though.

THunter (Forum Member) on November 29th, 2011, 11:56 pm

More likely to see Henry return mate, can't see us signing either of those.
Previous Next

Options

tracker