The Wish List

hesham (Forum Member) on December 3rd, 2011, 2:56 pm

Like you said AfS, we have Arteta & Song as experienced midfielders, also in other areas I think we have enough xp with TV, Mert, RvP, Sagna etc.. I wouldn't be against keeping say Rosicky for 1 more year but its about everyone getting game time aswell

Flow (Forum Member) on December 3rd, 2011, 6:40 pm

Reus IN - Arshavin OUT
Podolski IN - Chamakh OUT

And we should offload the usual ****: Squilshit, Denilwhut, 'Better than Messi' Bendnter, etc. etc.

I don't think Götze is really needed. I would choose this two over him, with Wilshere coming back in January we already have three top CM's.

Seems realistic to me. The top 4 is now within our grasp, we need desperately that extra boost like when Arshavin came to us in 2009, to secure it and make some succes in the FA Cup.

CandysRoom (Trusted Member) on December 3rd, 2011, 7:35 pm

Just read that Anelka handed in a transfer request today. Would possibly be a good shout in January as I don't think many players we actually want will be available.

Can play our style and can score goals. Might be worth a punt!

Armor for Sleep (Elite Member) on December 3rd, 2011, 7:52 pm

I've seen a few slag him off but i wouldn't be terribly against it i must say. His contract is up too isn'it - so i presume only a minimal transfer fee will be needed.

ibby (Forum Member) on December 3rd, 2011, 8:19 pm

We've been linked to Pato apparently. Depends on the price but above £15 million and I'll be very reluctant.

truth_hurts (Forum Member) on December 3rd, 2011, 8:56 pm

ibby wrote:We've been linked to Pato apparently. Depends on the price but above £15 million and I'll be very reluctant.

?? talent wise he's worth triple 15 million!! it's his injuries that are the worry.

ibby (Forum Member) on December 3rd, 2011, 9:06 pm

Err, he's not.

truth_hurts (Forum Member) on December 3rd, 2011, 9:12 pm

ibby wrote:Err, he's not.

have you seen him play? If Aguero's a snip at 35m (he is for the record), Pato would be a snip at anything less. I rate both on a similar level although different types of forward.

ibby (Forum Member) on December 3rd, 2011, 9:16 pm

Aguero is a much better, more accomplished player than Pato.

Very inconsistent, needs to develop his passing game and can be quite wasteful. Talent might be there but he has done nothing in his career to suggest that he is worth £45 million. Not to mention his injuries.

truth_hurts (Forum Member) on December 3rd, 2011, 9:20 pm

ibby wrote:Aguero is a much better, more accomplished player than Pato.

Very inconsistent, needs to develop his passing game and can be quite wasteful. Talent might be there but he has done nothing in his career to suggest that he is worth £45 million. Not to mention his injuries.

Don't disagree however much is due to injuries holding Pato back and Aguero being the star man at Athletico. About him not justifying a huge fee look no further than Hulk or Neymar who are talked about as 40m plus players.

THunter (Forum Member) on December 3rd, 2011, 9:43 pm

I'd say he's worth about £25-30M.

CandysRoom (Trusted Member) on December 4th, 2011, 10:46 am

I've no clue such is the state of transfers in recent times :)

Seems to me, it depends on the club buying. If they've got pot loads of cash, the sellers just demand more. Can anyone remember a couple of years back St Ettienne putting a 30 mill valuation on Blaise Matuidi when we were interested?

Crazy money seems to be needed every time a talented/high profile player is sold.

Bossa (Forum Member) on December 5th, 2011, 1:00 pm

Olivier Giroud is a prett awesome striker. Its unbelievable how good Montpellier are doing, currently first in the league.

Anzac (Trusted Member) on December 5th, 2011, 1:13 pm

If we got Podolski in Jan,
would we be willing to let Walcott go to Juve?
And how about a cheeky bid for Sanchez from Barca in the summer?

Bossa (Forum Member) on December 5th, 2011, 1:17 pm

Anzac wrote:If we got Podolski in Jan,

Impossible, Barca just signed Sanchez for 40m and he looks like a first choice to me and Theo needs to extend he wouldnt suit a side like Juventus, quality wingers like Krasic and Elia are struggling to get a game there.

We already got a player who is very similar to Sanchez and thats Chamberlain. He could become even better than Sanchez imo.

Anzac (Trusted Member) on December 6th, 2011, 9:48 am

Bossa wrote:
Anzac wrote:If we got Podolski in Jan,

Impossible, Barca just signed Sanchez for 40m and he looks like a first choice to me and Theo needs to extend he wouldnt suit a side like Juventus, quality wingers like Krasic and Elia are struggling to get a game there.

We already got a player who is very similar to Sanchez and thats Chamberlain. He could become even better than Sanchez imo.

I'd heard that Sanchez had been struggling to settle/impress,
and that Juve may want to utilise Theo as a striker rather than on the flanks.

I think I'd rather have Pato.

USArsenal (Administrator) on December 6th, 2011, 2:16 pm

Juve have too many strikers now as it is.. Quagliarella, Matri, Del Piero (who is in his last year TBF), Vucinic, Iaquinta, Toni, Amauri

dont see Theo wanting to go there anyway.. English player in Serie A? nah..

ArseGod (Forum Member) on December 6th, 2011, 5:16 pm

Theo won't leave for Italy. He's just hitting his stride. He, like RVP will hopefully sign new contracts. I think Walcott is finally coming into his own with the OX giving him competition. Juve don't need THeo and their a step down from us tbf.

As for Sanchez....he just went to Barca this past summer and is catching on. Can't see it. Plus for the money it would probably take there are better players to be had

Pato, sure. If AC want to sell I can see us having a legitimate chance as Real and Barca don't really need him right now. I could see Chelsea getting involved but if they dont have CL next year we could have a real chance

Floating (Trusted Member) on December 6th, 2011, 10:47 pm

What about Eren Derdiyok?

Bossa (Forum Member) on December 6th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Chamakh, Arshavin, Squillaci outtttt

spartandre217 (Forum Member) on December 6th, 2011, 11:06 pm

My only wish!

Kain (Forum Member) on December 6th, 2011, 11:45 pm

Bossa wrote:Chamakh, Arshavin, Squillaci outtttt

This.

Buy some replacements. I've stuck with Arshavin for to long, even when Gooners were getting on his back last year when he was supplying the team with goals and assists even though his general play was below par. He is a complete liability now.

Chamakh, nothing needs to be said, anyone who is happy with this player as second choice striker squad depth needs a reality check.

Squillaci is 15th choice, don't really care about him, Kos has stepped up even DJ can have a good day as a RWB every now and then and fill in for defence, so can Song, Miquel & Bartley. He is just a wage-drain.

fabo (Forum Member) on December 7th, 2011, 12:25 pm

GTFO!

Chamakh
Arshavin
Diaby
Squillaci
Mannone
Almunia
and permanently get shot of:
Bendtner
Denilson
Vela
plus Yossi's loan will end

Sign 2 quality players.

Anzac (Trusted Member) on December 7th, 2011, 1:02 pm

fabo wrote:GTFO!

Chamakh
Arshavin
Diaby
Squillaci
Mannone
Almunia
Bendtner
Denilson
Vela

Sign 2 quality players.

Agreed in principle,
except IMO we need more than just 2 quality players
to go with the SUPER quality AW talked of in the summer the DIDN'T arrive.

Anzac (Trusted Member) on December 7th, 2011, 1:11 pm

My wish is for AW to table an opening bid in excess of 35m for any of:
Hazard, Gotze, Pato, Neymar, Damiao, Cavani.

USArsenal (Administrator) on December 7th, 2011, 2:57 pm

LMAO.. good one Anzac...

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on December 7th, 2011, 3:09 pm

No text language please :wink:

USArsenal (Administrator) on December 7th, 2011, 3:20 pm

who put text language?

arsenallegends (Forum Member) on December 7th, 2011, 6:39 pm

#1 Goetze

Jovetic, Pato, Rues, Javi Martinez, Errikson, Cavani(Just never going to happen), Sow, Dembele.

arsenallegends (Forum Member) on December 7th, 2011, 6:41 pm

These transfer outs just as important.
fabo wrote:GTFO!

Chamakh
Arshavin
Diaby
Squillaci
Mannone
Almunia
Bendtner
Denilson
Vela

too bad we'd make small money. At least it would clear up wages.
Previous Next

tracker