The Wish List

kalleTheMan (Trusted Member) on December 7th, 2011, 6:48 pm

Jovetic would be a great signing, shame he recently extended

truth_hurts (Forum Member) on December 7th, 2011, 7:46 pm

arsenallegends wrote:These transfer outs just as important.
fabo wrote:GTFO!

Chamakh**
Arshavin**
Diaby**
Squillaci
Mannone
Almunia
and permanently get shot of:
Bendtner**
Denilson
Vela**
plus Yossi's loan will end

too bad we'd make small money. At least it would clear up wages.

At least 30 million worth of player there quite possibly 40m. I would keep Diaby and sell the rest. Spend the money on a quality forward and a midfielder. If we're naming names then Pato and Affelay. More realistically Podolski and Gourcuff.

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on December 7th, 2011, 7:48 pm

Chamakh
Arshavin
Diaby
Squillaci
Mannone
Almunia
Bendtner
Denilson
Vela

You're looking at about 300k a week in wages. Could afford three top talents on 100k a week EACH for that.

truth_hurts (Forum Member) on December 7th, 2011, 7:49 pm

------------------Szczney-----------------
--Sagna---Koscielny---Vermaelen---Santos--
----------Song----Arteta----Wlshere-------
--Pato-------------RVP--------Theo/Gerv---

reserves: Fab, Mertesaker, Gibbs, Diaby, Coquellin/Frimpong, Ramsey, Affelay, Theo/Gerv, Ox.

mavelous (Trusted Member) on December 7th, 2011, 8:53 pm

DJ_Markstar wrote:

Chamakh
Arshavin
Diaby
Squillaci
Mannone
Almunia
Bendtner
Denilson
Vela

You're looking at about 300k a week in wages. Could afford three top talents on 100k a week EACH for that.

Not to mention top talent, with consistent quality, contribution and fitness. would more than make up for the alleged 'loss' in numbers and depth.

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on December 7th, 2011, 9:30 pm

Totall agree - Those players don't even count as depth. They're either constantly injured or pure ****. If Arsenal signed me, the quality depth would be exactly the same as if they didn't. Same goes for any player not good enough for Arsenal, except I'd be a lot cheaper :D

raidersoftheark (Forum Member) on December 7th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Shaquiri. Made mugs out of that United defense.

THunter (Forum Member) on December 7th, 2011, 11:06 pm

Seconded, looks great every time i see him, probably get him cheaper than somebody like Hazard as well.

Ron Burgundy (Elite Member) on December 8th, 2011, 12:02 am

raidersoftheark wrote:Shaquiri. Made mugs out of that United defense.

I've seen reports claiming Atletico Madrid have a verbal agreement with Shaqiri to sign for them in January. Transfer fee is supposedly under €10 million as well, which sounds like great business by Atletico. Would love it if we were able to snatch him for that sort of price. Far, far more likely to happen than Hazard/Götze.

THunter (Forum Member) on December 8th, 2011, 12:05 am

He's built like a brick shithouse as well, suited to the prem.

spartandre217 (Forum Member) on December 8th, 2011, 12:17 am

THunter wrote:He's built like a brick shithouse as well, suited to the prem.

Kid is a f***ing tank. He can't have been meant to play football when he was conceived. Boxing or wrestling or something.

On my team on FIFA as well as Belhanda from Montpellier XD Guess I have a thing for talent spotting ;)

Floating (Trusted Member) on December 8th, 2011, 1:09 am

He's like a younger Arshavin, plus about a stone of muscle.

mistaT (Trusted Member) on December 8th, 2011, 1:19 am

Twas impressed by Shaqiri

Lazaq (Forum Member) on December 8th, 2011, 11:18 am

Well, I'm sold! Get him in!

eye4goal (Forum Member) on December 8th, 2011, 1:52 pm

I'd like to see someone like Tino Costa bought to replace Rosicky/Benayoun next season. I'd go for Reus or Podolski in January as both would be available in the CL and we should be looking to make at least the semi's this season if we can avoid Madrid and Barca

The Jury (Forum Member) on December 9th, 2011, 2:06 am

God, why can't we be linked with Eduardo Vargas of Universidad De Chile?

He'll be snapped up next season by a top european club, no question. Jusy why the **** can't it be us? :(

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on December 9th, 2011, 3:00 am

You and your South American prospects ;)

Floating (Trusted Member) on December 9th, 2011, 8:53 am

The Jury wrote:God, why can't we be linked with Eduardo Vargas of Universidad De Chile?

He'll be snapped up next season by a top european club, no question. Jusy why the **** can't it be us? :(

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... d-race-for

Armor for Sleep (Elite Member) on December 9th, 2011, 9:26 am

How good is Vargas? What type of player is he The Jury?

Sottobosco (Forum Member) on December 9th, 2011, 4:47 pm

I like Vargas too but at the moment there is a bit of Huntelaar situation with him - goals and goals but thats it. All the good work of U de Chile is done by their Barcelona like midfield and all he has to do is finish off. Which he does but you have to watch him first when he isn't working in good conditions to know for sure that he's good enough.

For Chile National team for example, I have been left unsure about him after watchging last 2 performances in World Cup qualifiers.

GDeep (Forum Member) on December 9th, 2011, 7:21 pm

Xhaka impressed me more than Shaqiri tbh, though surprised no one picked up Shaqiri after the European U21's. Anyway, my biggest wish is for some club with more money than sense to take Arshavin off our hands, the guy is totally useless now, Wengers worst piece of business ever, scandalous that Chamakh continues to get more stick on here than the little russian.

Wenger should continue what he started last summer, get rid of the bollocks, its Diaby, Arshavin's and Squillaci's turn next summer.

fabo (Forum Member) on December 9th, 2011, 8:12 pm

Yeah, wasn't that impressed with Shaqiri tbh. Some of his decision-making was horrendous. Might become a quality player, I'm on the fence now.

Vela (Forum Member) on December 9th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Anyone notice how many players could leave us in January and the summer. But when I say players it's not starters for us some are deadwood.

Almunia, Mannone, Fabianski, Squillaci, Denilsion, Vela, Bendtner, Arshavin, Rosicky (Contract), Yossi (only loan move), Chamakh

Then maybe Djoruou and Diaby?

Reserve Players - Eastmond, Hoyte, Murphy. (3/4 second year scholars as well)

Floating (Trusted Member) on December 9th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Vela wrote:Anyone notice how many players could leave us in January and the summer. But when I say players it's not starters for us some are deadwood.

Almunia, Mannone, Fabianski, Squillaci, Denilsion, Vela, Bendtner, Arshavin, Rosicky (Contract), Yossi (only loan move), Chamakh

Then maybe Djoruou and Diaby?

Reserve Players - Eastmond, Hoyte, Murphy. (3/4 second year scholars as well)

That's a distinct possibility, and I think most of us would be happy to see the backs of most of those players. This summer and the next will be summers of rebuilding for sure. I do like the direction we're headed though.

Herbas (Forum Member) on December 10th, 2011, 12:41 am

Many of them already had to leave in the last summer, but Wenger failed to ship them out. I wouldn't be too optimistic abouta major clear-aout.

The Jury (Forum Member) on December 10th, 2011, 3:35 am

Armor for Sleep wrote:How good is Vargas? What type of player is he The Jury?

A striker primarily that can also do a cracking job on the wing. He reminds me of Torres when he couldn't miss the target. Pacey, technical - no wonder it turns out some big clubs are on his trail. I never had a clue!

ebouenolike wrote:You and your South American prospects ;)

I wont lie and claim to be an authority on the Chile Clausura, but you do get familiar with the regular quality performers and goal scorers when you've got a few quid riding on the game! Universidad De Chile are practically unbeatable right now, and I've been riding them for months.

Vargas also scored the winning goal about 24 hours ago to give his team a 1-0 first leg lead (away goal)in the final of the Copa Sudamericana Vs LDU Quito of Ecuador - another team with some rough diamonds to be pillaged 8))

Kain (Forum Member) on December 10th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Bossa (Forum Member) on December 11th, 2011, 12:22 am

Can't believe that Higuain is just a bencher at Real. I'd make a cheeky bid if I was Wenger.

MDGoonah41 (Forum Member) on December 11th, 2011, 9:06 am

i wouldnt mind Demba Ba replacing Chamakh

Armor for Sleep (Elite Member) on December 11th, 2011, 11:41 am

Was just thinking that yesterday.

I thought he was 29/30 for some reason but he's only 26. Good scoring record throughout his career too bar one season at Hoffenheim.
Previous Next

Options

tracker