The Wish List

The Jury (Forum Member) on December 15th, 2011, 8:47 pm

He could provide some awesome competition at a decent price though, eh? For instance, if we had him now you'd shove him in over Ramsey for the time being.... But hey, I'm wishing. I was really taken by his display yesterday.

eye4goal (Forum Member) on December 15th, 2011, 11:29 pm

The Jury wrote:Incidentally, Eduardo Vargas just bagged another brace as Universidad De Chile romped to a second leg 3-0 win in the final of the Sudamericana - his second goal was a peach.

Now there's a duo!

Just read that Napoli have offered €9m for him(Gazzetta). Inter are also interested

Floating (Trusted Member) on December 15th, 2011, 11:57 pm

How does Eduardo Vargas compare to the other young South American striker we've been linked to - Matias Suarez?

mavelous (Trusted Member) on December 16th, 2011, 7:26 am

You know, we might fool Barca that Djourou is a good fit for them. He's a better possession CB than a scrapper, and he's decent on the ball - maybe not for Barca standards, but you never know until you see them in there, bastards have so much talent i could play defender for them. you have low ratio of having to defend, and most of it is keeping the line and covering, because their front pressing does most of the job. djourou is pacy so he'd be decent for counter attack cover, and he'd offer extra height for midget XI.

Puyol and Abidal ain't exactly young, Pique's fitness suspect, and while Busquets and Masch have covered, Keita ain't young either, so they'd be needed or preferred over Keita in midfield.

As we need twice more cover than other teams anyway, we could just offload Squid and Djourou and get Cahill on the cheap no? not anyone is a bench warmer, plenty of games to go around for 2 cb spots. in fact, ~50 games a season, or 100 slots for 4 cb's. 25 games a season on average, not to mention Kos and TV can cover in fullback. might be interesting to use TV in midfield as well, ******'s so good you could play him as a striker. offers goal/shooting threat, great engine, dynamic, good on the ball, decent passer.

I will not tolerate any comedy towards my post! :o

outlaw_member (Forum Member) on December 16th, 2011, 3:36 pm

------------Szczesny
Sagna--Koscielny--Vermaelen--Santos
--------------Song
------------------Arteta
----------Kagawa
Walcott---------------------Gervinho
------------van Persie

-----------Schwarzer
Clyne--Mertesacker--Djourou--Gibbs
------------Coquelin
------------------Ramsey
---------Wilshere
Oxlade------------------------Reus
-------------Podolski

Ron Burgundy (Elite Member) on December 16th, 2011, 5:35 pm

Wilshere in a 2nd string XI? Give me a break.

ebouenolike (Trusted Member) on December 16th, 2011, 6:43 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:Wilshere in a 2nd string XI? Give me a break.

Agreed.

outlaw_member (Forum Member) on December 16th, 2011, 7:30 pm

Was it not you, Ron, who I was debating with in regards to just how good Wilshere was last season? If you recall, I did not rate his season as highly as most others, because I believed that many were allowing the circumstances to influence their assessments. Nonetheless, Wilshere had a good season last year, all things considered, and has since then been injured. I personally did not want him to be a bonafide starter last season, and we were definitely guilty of overusing him as a result of doing so. I would not give him a outright first choice position, though we would have to given our current options, until a season or two down the line at the least. Arteta's already been an upgrade over him.

Ron Burgundy (Elite Member) on December 16th, 2011, 9:07 pm

outlaw_member wrote:Was it not you, Ron, who I was debating with in regards to just how good Wilshere was last season? If you recall, I did not rate his season as highly as most others, because I believed that many were allowing the circumstances to influence their assessments. Nonetheless, Wilshere had a good season last year, all things considered, and has since then been injured. I personally did not want him to be a bonafide starter last season, and we were definitely guilty of overusing him as a result of doing so. I would not give him a outright first choice position, though we would have to given our current options, until a season or two down the line at the least. Arteta's already been an upgrade over him.

It might have been me. :lol:

I'm a huge Arteta fan but I don't believe he's been an upgrade on last season's Wilshere. Wilshere was our official Player of the Season last season, and also made it into an ubiased Premier League Team of the Season. As good as Arteta's been, he hasn't been 'best in the league' standard, or even 'best at the club' standard. Whether or not Jack should have been given the role of "bonafide starter" [sic] last season is debatable, but what's not debatable is that he more than stepped up to the plate. He was world class (in Wenger's opinion, at least).

Jack was "ready" to play at the very highest level at age 18. He'll be 20 in about 2 weeks. There's no way he's going back to the bench for "a season or two at the least".

Last edited by Ron Burgundy on December 16th, 2011, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THunter (Forum Member) on December 16th, 2011, 9:09 pm

:lol: at Jack not being in the starting 11, nonsense.

Irish_Owen (Elite Member) on December 16th, 2011, 9:26 pm

THunter wrote::lol: at Jack not being in the starting 11, nonsense.

Some suggested that Vermaelen wouldn't be a first choice CB, when he returned. People are fickle.

Arai (Trusted Member) on December 17th, 2011, 12:38 am

Baines.

But wait...

Gibbs would be back in a week or two....;)

raidersoftheark (Forum Member) on December 17th, 2011, 8:39 am

outlaw_member wrote:Was it not you, Ron, who I was debating with in regards to just how good Wilshere was last season? If you recall, I did not rate his season as highly as most others, because I believed that many were allowing the circumstances to influence their assessments. Nonetheless, Wilshere had a good season last year, all things considered, and has since then been injured. I personally did not want him to be a bonafide starter last season, and we were definitely guilty of overusing him as a result of doing so. I would not give him a outright first choice position, though we would have to given our current options, until a season or two down the line at the least. Arteta's already been an upgrade over him.

Jack has the talent and the balls though to move up another level, if he's given the opportunity.

outlaw_member (Forum Member) on December 17th, 2011, 1:23 pm

As it stands, Wilshere walks straight back into our first team line up without a shadow of a doubt, of that there is no doubt, no doubt at all. However, this is a wish list and I deem Kagawa and Arteta as currently being superior players.

kalleTheMan (Trusted Member) on December 17th, 2011, 1:39 pm

It's easy to forget but Jack was far more inconsistent than Arteta last season. Arteta won't put in the kind of eye-catching performances Jack did vs Barcelona for example, but he won't get physically bullied off the pitch by players like Fellaini.. something Jack was occasionaly guilty off.

Armor for Sleep (Elite Member) on December 17th, 2011, 2:17 pm

Outlaw is rubbish at wishlisting, thought we all realised that ages ago!

Flow (Forum Member) on December 17th, 2011, 10:44 pm

F*cking injuries. If we had our full squad available, we could make a proper analyse. Now with Diaby and Gibbs who aren't playing, we can't rate them. (to buy another CM and LB) Gibbs won't play many games this season with that injury problem.

So on my wishlist is the priority a LB and a ST. Both topclass.

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on December 18th, 2011, 2:33 am

Ron Burgundy wrote:Also made it into an ubiased Premier League Team of the Season.

Unbiased? You sure? :lol:

ibby (Forum Member) on December 18th, 2011, 6:40 am

The Jury wrote:God, why can't we be linked with Eduardo Vargas of Universidad De Chile?

He'll be snapped up next season by a top european club, no question. Jusy why the **** can't it be us? :(

Ron Burgundy (Elite Member) on December 18th, 2011, 10:41 am

DJ_Markstar wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:Also made it into an ubiased Premier League Team of the Season.

Unbiased? You sure? :lol:

It's voted for by the players. Unless there's some sort of conspiracy going on amongst the players, I don't see why it would be biased.

DJ_Markstar (Forum Member) on December 18th, 2011, 10:49 am

He's England's next big hope. Saviour of the national side etc. Definitely works in his favour.

Armor for Sleep (Elite Member) on December 18th, 2011, 10:59 am

Podolski in January.

Hazard in June.

truth_hurts (Forum Member) on December 18th, 2011, 12:36 pm

Podolski would more than keep me happy for now. In the summer we take stock and assess.

mavelous (Trusted Member) on December 18th, 2011, 2:15 pm

Type of player like him seems to be the missing piece of the puzzle. Cover for Gervinho when he's @ ACON. Cover for RvP up top. We could have an option to rotate the entire front 3. The rest of the team creates chances anyway, so if Podolski starts clicking with teammates and finishes off the chances, he could even get double figures by end-season. Vital option for the wings as well, as we need goals from widemen. He'd also be a different option to Theo/Gervinho at times, especially for the parked bus where theo's pace won't mean much. If we have trickery and composure in and around the box in tight spaces, i feel like we'll be able to open up teams like Everton and Fulham more easily. Especially if that's coming from both flanks, Gervinho could be incredible on the right, crossing with his stronger foot. he's got good awareness of space and with a simple shift of direction can open up the defensive structure.

for emergency situations, we could even see Podolski up top with RvP for everyone's beloved 4-4-2.

THunter (Forum Member) on December 18th, 2011, 7:35 pm

As usual:

IN: Podolski
OUT: Arshavin.

ferrarif50hunt (Forum Member) on December 18th, 2011, 7:49 pm

TWO attackers, not one, two.

We need a wide player and another competent striker.

kalleTheMan (Trusted Member) on December 18th, 2011, 7:50 pm

We need Götze or Hazard, simple as that

THunter (Forum Member) on December 18th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Well that's just for January, we ain't getting Hazard nor Gotze next month.

Flow (Forum Member) on December 18th, 2011, 8:43 pm

Arshavin, Diaby, Chamakh and Gibbs out.

Reus, Podolski, Biglia and Baines in.

To stand a chance we need some REAL firepower in the market.

Irish_Owen (Elite Member) on December 18th, 2011, 8:45 pm

ferrarif50hunt wrote:TWO attackers, not one, two.

We need a wide player and another competent striker.

Or one wide player capable of playing through the middle to0

If we were linked to someone like that...
Previous Next

Options

tracker