Alex Hleb

Legend#1 (Trusted Member) on May 9th, 2008, 10:15 am

Hleb finally f**king off :)

A player to come in who knows what a goal is :D

Gurgen (Elite Member) on May 9th, 2008, 10:17 am

He's a been an utter **** really. This explains his post-Milan form as well. This move was probably being negotiated 6 months ago.

Must be great being a footballer - the only profession in the world where you still get paid when you're not doing your job.

belgianfan (Forum Member) on May 9th, 2008, 10:18 am

Hope him and his wife will have a nice life in milan. Icecream licking bastards. Then another scandal will come out and both inter and milan will get relegated.

I hope we sue inter and that they have to pay us millions. Then to have the class to punch someone in the face that you don't have to play anymore. Classy hleb. ****

Rohit (Elite Member) on May 9th, 2008, 10:22 am

sabret00the wrote:I have a feeling that Hleb's definitely gonna sack his agent any minute now.

I have a feeling you need to start practising reverse psychology. Nothing you wish for ever happens, try it, we might have aleady had Ribery ...... etc etc

qs (Elite Member) on May 9th, 2008, 10:23 am

sabret00the wrote:I have a feeling that Hleb's definitely gonna sack his agent any minute now.

:lol: The fact Hlebs never come out to deny these statements from his agent tell me thats not goign to happen.

dendito (Forum Member) on May 9th, 2008, 10:42 am

Funny how most arsenal fans on this forum sometimes seem not to know anything about Arsenal or Arsène Wenger...

I read all those "Now Hleb and Flamini are leaving, we'll sign 4 or 6 BIG NAME players,... Rubbish!!! Did we sign any superstars when Paddy, Bobby, or Titi went? NO

Let's be honest and realistic...

IF Hleb leaves, be sure the only big name palying on the right wing next year will be Theo because Arsène thinks he's ready and i think we should give him his chance! Eboue will be the cover.

And the replacement for Flamini are Denilson and Diaby so i think (but it's only my opinion) that we can forget big names to replace those 2!

I think we might invest in a left winger because of Rosicky's injury problems.

And for the rest, Arsène knows if he will sign any other players...
But i think we need a defensive player and a striker (but i have the bad feeling that wenger will give more time to Bendtner next season.

Clarkey (Forum Member) on May 9th, 2008, 10:47 am

Along those lines, I really would not be surprised in the slightest to see Randall suddenly show up on his return and find himself in the Flamster's shirt. If Lansbury didn't have Glandular Fever, I'd plump for him as that outside bet too. Or Wenger goes for an embarassment of riches (if it worked/they worked together)....Fabregas and Fran.

tactica442 (Trusted Member) on May 9th, 2008, 10:56 am

The club and Wenger will play hard ball. I doubt Hleb and his modelling wife will have their dream move to Internazionale realised. The club had been quite tough on some precedences of outside clubs tapping up Arsenal's players. In the end, either the players were sold to elsewhere (eg. Vieira to Juve) or ended up as a part of swap deal (eg. the Reyes-Baptista swap, Gallas-Cashley swap). It's good to see there're some other clubs are invited to bid for Hleb. That means Wenger and the board are trying to get the price up.

I think the whole Hleb's Gelato-gate incident will become very very ugly. But I reckon Arsenal will definitely be very persistentl on both issues: (1) interesting clubs will have to meet Arsenal's valuation on Hleb and (2) the club (ie Inter) tapping up Hleb will not get the player they want. If Arsenal's stance softens and Hleb is let go easily, sharks like Real and Chelsea will follow suit onto other Arsenal players. Even Hleb and his advisors invoke Webster Rule, they probably won't get their dream move until next January. Before that date, there will also be a lot of legal struggles all the way to CAS.

Just look at the cases of Vieira, Reyes, and Cashley, it's not difficult to predict where the club will stand on Hleb's matter. People often talking about letting an unhappy player go so both the club and the player can get on their seperate ways. Well, I reckon it's more than that. If you act like a feeder club, you will be treated like a feeder club.

True Gooner (Elite Member) on May 9th, 2008, 11:10 am

What the ***** going on?

Alfonso (Elite Member) on May 9th, 2008, 11:12 am

tactica442 wrote:The club and Wenger will play hard ball. I doubt Hleb and his modelling wife will have their dream move to Internazionale realised. The club had been quite tough on some precedences of outside clubs tapping up Arsenal's players..

We had David Dein back then though. Since he has left we sold Henry for peanuts, Hleb could go on the cheap etc. This is when we miss him the most.

tactica442 (Trusted Member) on May 9th, 2008, 11:24 am

First, Henry wasn't sold for peanuts. 16M is not peanuts. People might use Darrent Bent as example but it's the stupid Sp*ds bought Bent, not Barca. There's only one club bidding Henry at the time and Henry only wants to join Barca. What else do people expect?

Second, usually it'd take the whole board to sanction a move. Surely Dein has his experiences and connection and his son in Anderson's agency can offer legal advices. But let's not overblow his importance since the club didn't sign Eduardo, Sagna, and Diarra at inflated prices.

I agree things might be easier if the club can get a Director of Football. But the board and Wenger have to try harder to pursue a competent director. Talking about how nice it'd be to have Dein is like talking about how nice it'd be to still have Henry and Bergkamp in the team. It does NOT help.

Glovegun (Trusted Member) on May 9th, 2008, 11:33 am

We can't play hardball. Its obvious that Hleb wants to go, and once a players head is turned we all know what happens. No way back. Even if we were to keep him he'd have a **** season and then be sold for less than was offered first time round, a la Vieira and Henry. Hleb is gone.

And people shouldnt now pretend that Hleb was rubbish. As Gazza said, he is an integral part of the way this team plays, and I thought he had an outstanding year. He won't get the goals that others will, but he carves out chances and I cant think of another winger in Europe (bar Messi perhaps) with equivalent ball control and retention skills. If anything people should look at our other main winger this season, Eboue, who contributes sweet **** all.

Same thing with Flamini. We've lost two players for around £10m I reckon. Replacing them with two guys as good will cost £25m, never mind the fact that we need to improve upon them if anything.

It's the same every year. One step forward one step back. We're just treading water. Two integral parts of the 'new Arsenal' have left/ are leaving, and several youth experiments (Senderos) have failed. Wenger's just going to have to end up buying the players he should have bought three years ago.

What I am vainly, vainly holding out for, is that Arsène realises the problems we have and finally spends this reservoir of cash we apparently have. He may play it down, but we received a good £10m more than we spent last summer. Where did that go for a start? We need two wingers AND Vela, a centre-mid to partner Cesc, a big fuck-off centre-half and maybe a keeper if theres money left over (though Im happy with Manny).

Gurgen (Elite Member) on May 9th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Alfonso wrote:
tactica442 wrote:The club and Wenger will play hard ball. I doubt Hleb and his modelling wife will have their dream move to Internazionale realised. The club had been quite tough on some precedences of outside clubs tapping up Arsenal's players..

We had David Dein back then though. Since he has left we sold Henry for peanuts, Hleb could go on the cheap etc. This is when we miss him the most.

I think 16m for a crocked, moody French has-been was the best piece of business done in a long time.

Clarkey (Forum Member) on May 9th, 2008, 12:27 pm

I would assume all of the fee hasn't been paid yet. So if (big, massive, unlikely if) Arsène did fancy Henry back, and the rumour about Guardiola not fancying him around at Barca, he could possibly have him back instead of the remaining fee.

banduan (Forum Member) on May 9th, 2008, 12:34 pm

Alfonso wrote:We had David Dein back then though. Since he has left we sold Henry for peanuts,

:D :D :D

tactica442 (Trusted Member) on May 9th, 2008, 12:42 pm

Yah, I would love to see Henry to come out of the bench and do African dance with Ade and Eboue when Ade scores.

Seriouelsy, the money on Henry can be better spent elsewhere, IMO.

Last edited by tactica442 on May 9th, 2008, 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

number_0 (Forum Member) on May 9th, 2008, 12:42 pm

Only now it looked like a good business the whole henry deal, but i feel we could've pushed more, especially seeing since barca must have already got back their money throught shirt sales and sponsership, i valued henry at 25m quids at that time.

qs (Elite Member) on May 9th, 2008, 12:51 pm

dendito wrote:Funny how most arsenal fans on this forum sometimes seem not to know anything about Arsenal or Arsène Wenger...

I read all those "Now Hleb and Flamini are leaving, we'll sign 4 or 6 BIG NAME players,... Rubbish!!! Did we sign any superstars when Paddy, Bobby, or Titi went? NO

Funny how some people don't know anything about arsenal pre-invincibles. All the players mentioned were past their peak. When Wengers lost players who were in their best form he replaced, think Overmars, Petit, Anelka. It seems he's grown frustrated with the boards unwillingless to spend and thats caused Edlemans departure so I do think he'll spend some money this summer. Never the kind of money United and Chelsea spend but he'll buy solidly with a few players between £8-£15m.

goonerwarsh (Trusted Member) on May 9th, 2008, 12:53 pm

So Hleb's proving to be the gutless piece of **** I always thought he was. These players don't give two ***** about Arsenal

regele (Forum Member) on May 9th, 2008, 12:56 pm

Clarkey wrote:I would assume all of the fee hasn't been paid yet. So if (big, massive, unlikely if) Arsène did fancy Henry back, and the rumour about Guardiola not fancying him around at Barca, he could possibly have him back instead of the remaining fee.

Didn't we accept a lower(considered at the time) sum also because they were gonna pay everything upfront?

Clarkey (Forum Member) on May 9th, 2008, 12:59 pm

Edit (in response to Regele): Now you mention it, I do seem to recall that actually, as that was why the Dinamo Zagreb people kept touting on that we used the money straight off to buy Eduardo.

--------------

It's is a catch 22 though. When Wenger went on his last big scale recruitment drive with some of the cash, he brought in Franny, Gio and Wright. Reyes and Wiltord are always deservedly mentioned too, but were far different situations (well more so Jose) than the other three (althought Gio helped smooth Fabregas coming in with his departure).

So you think back to the prospects and experienced lad's Wenger has been interested in but either not gotten the support monetary wise, or has pulled out due to a price tag above his ideal; and then couple this with the big spending he has done, you can see why both the board and himself are so hesistant. His genius is built on the scouting system and the bargain prices. But it's that security that holds us back, as you have to take those few gambles to move into new territory and move forward.

Gazza Martinez (Elite Member) on May 9th, 2008, 1:04 pm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 901518.ece

Wenger reckons the Hleb rumours have 'no basis'. But then he would say that. He seems to be trying to appeal to players' sense of honour by continually saying he 'expects' them to give it another go next season.

Last edited by Gazza Martinez on May 9th, 2008, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

go49oner (Forum Member) on May 9th, 2008, 1:06 pm

So how much will we be getting for this ****?

EMIR8_SOLDIER (Forum Member) on May 9th, 2008, 1:11 pm

Dunno but the sooner we get rid of these players that dont want to be here the better

McIntyre (Forum Member) on May 9th, 2008, 1:29 pm

The one thing I truly hate when a player leaves the club is when it's so f*cking drawn out.

Rumour after rumour, pledges of allegiance from the player, Arsène saying his priority is sorting their future rather than buying replacements and the player's agent talking sh*t. If Hleb is gonna leave I wish he'd just f*cking leave without any of this b*llocks.

We waited ages for Flamini to make his decision and now we're going to have to wait another month while this guy decides where he can get the most money. And in the meantime Wenger will do f*ck all in the transfer market because that's not his priority.

If you want to leave Alex just do it with a bit of dignity and don't insult the fans who've supported you despite how f*cking frustrating you can be.

Every f*cking summer we have to put up with this sh*t!

ricky1985 (Elite Member) on May 9th, 2008, 1:53 pm

asajoseph wrote:
Jeez Asa. You can level a lot of things at Arsène Wenger without arguement, but to question his commitment to work? I think thats a bit out of order. I dont think there is a more hard-working, committed manager in world football.

I don't think I really did question anything - just made a statement about what I believe needs to be done. We're in a mess at the moment - the last thing we need is our manager swanning around the Algarve whilst other teams conduct their transfer business. So I hope he gets on his bike and gets things done quickly. If Arsène lets this turn into another summer of uncertainty, it will help nobody.

But your doing it again. 'Swanning around' the Algarve, I mean I think we need to understand that Wenger bleeds Arsenal, and he is hurting as much if not more than any of us on this forum. He is also more determined than anyone to put this right and bring sucess to 'his' club.

So the last thing Wenger is going to do is think '**** it, I need a holiday' and let others still a march on him. I mean give him some credit Asa.

He will be working like a mad man trying to make reality his vision for the squad next season.

longrufus (Elite Member) on May 9th, 2008, 2:32 pm

Gurgen wrote:
Alfonso wrote:

I think 16m for a crocked, moody French has-been was the best piece of business done in a long time.

Not to mention now Barca fans think they overpaid for him.

sabret00the (Trusted Member) on May 9th, 2008, 2:35 pm

Gazza Martinez wrote:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/arsenal/article3901518.ece

Wenger reckons the Hleb rumours have 'no basis'. But then he would say that. He seems to be trying to appeal to players' sense of honour by continually saying he 'expects' them to give it another go next season.
Wenger knows...

asajoseph (Elite Member) on May 9th, 2008, 2:36 pm

So the last thing Wenger is going to do is think 'f**k it, I need a holiday' and let others still a march on him. I mean give him some credit Asa.

He's done it before.

Which is exactly why I'm making the point.

longrufus (Elite Member) on May 9th, 2008, 2:37 pm

Wenger is either super confident about Hleb staying or is playing hardball to puch the price up. Either way I want this ordeal sorted as soon as possible.
Previous Next

Options

tracker