Samir Handanovič


Kraig (Trusted Member) on July 9th, 2010, 10:50 am

Skysports 'understands' link

A MUCH better keeper than Schwarzer. Thoughts?
User avatar

Paddy from Sweden (Forum Member) on July 9th, 2010, 10:53 am

There seems to be no other foundation to this rumour other than AW looking for a GK.

But to comment on this, Handanovic has been my fav keeper in the WC and I say: YES!

GoonerAG (Forum Member) on July 9th, 2010, 11:11 am

Your fave keeper? I'm sorry but he wasn't exactly great against the US.

This link stinks of bullshit to me, just another World Cup keeper who has come to the light and they decided to throw him into the mix until Wenger announces the long-expected deal for Schwarzer...
User avatar

USArsenal (Administrator) on July 9th, 2010, 11:16 am

better than Schwarzer? maybe a little.. good enough? nope

certainly wouldnt be in my top 10 choices of keepers for us to get
User avatar

Glovegun (Trusted Member) on July 9th, 2010, 11:30 am

Wouldnt be surprised if its made up, but yes I'd have him at Arsenal.
User avatar

stuart (Trusted Member) on July 9th, 2010, 12:11 pm

It took a little longer than i expected, but we've finally been linked! Was impressive at the World Cup but i honestly have no idea whether or not he's good enough.
User avatar

Paddy from Sweden (Forum Member) on July 9th, 2010, 12:24 pm

GoonerAG wrote:Your fave keeper? I'm sorry but he wasn't exactly great against the US.

This link stinks of bullshit to me, just another World Cup keeper who has come to the light and they decided to throw him into the mix until Wenger announces the long-expected deal for Schwarzer...


So you're basing your opinion on one game. Good for you.

ivansen (Forum Member) on July 9th, 2010, 12:33 pm

USArsenal wrote:better than Schwarzer? maybe a little.. good enough? nope

certainly wouldnt be in my top 10 choices of keepers for us to get


Who's on the list?
User avatar

Klaus Daimler (Trusted Member) on July 9th, 2010, 12:36 pm

Got a lot of time for this guy. He's been coming along nicely at Udinese the past few seasons. Not sure if he's ready to step up as a first choice for a club like Arsenal but I think he will be at some point.
User avatar

GoonerAG (Forum Member) on July 9th, 2010, 12:56 pm

Paddy from Sweden wrote:
GoonerAG wrote:Your fave keeper? I'm sorry but he wasn't exactly great against the US.

This link stinks of bullshit to me, just another World Cup keeper who has come to the light and they decided to throw him into the mix until Wenger announces the long-expected deal for Schwarzer...


So you're basing your opinion on one game. Good for you.


Well you seem to have based it on 3 games, so not that much more scouting than me, eh Paddy ;)?

The fact of the matter is, he is not good enough to be the number 1 and the fact of the matter is, there were at least 7 or 8 other keepers better than him at the World Cup, and another 5 or 6 in the Premier League who would do a better more consistent job. And Schwarzer is one of them.
User avatar

Paddy from Sweden (Forum Member) on July 9th, 2010, 1:08 pm

@ GoonerAG,

No I've watched him playing for Udinese as well. But for the WC and cause Arsenal were looking for a GK I thought I'd concentrate more on what he did as I had a hunch this rumour would surface.

Now it seems we're linked to every other GK especially those from the WC which probably is evidence that some other GK might be signed. If not Schwarzer that is.

As it's been talked about Szczesny being the lad for the future there's not much probability that AW is gonna sign a 25 year old.

GoonerAG (Forum Member) on July 9th, 2010, 1:11 pm

Fair do's mate, I have to say I'd heard of him but never seen him play before the WC. But yeah, as you say, it doesn't seem likely we are gonna go for him, as Wenger is looking for a short-term option. That is IF he is looking lol!
User avatar

USArsenal (Administrator) on July 9th, 2010, 1:12 pm

ive seen him play for Udinese as well.. was not all too impressed with him there either...
User avatar

Clrnc (Trusted Member) on July 9th, 2010, 1:18 pm

Never seen him outside of WC as well, but during world cup he is quite decent.
User avatar

Thommybhoy (Trusted Member) on July 9th, 2010, 1:24 pm

I really liked him every time I saw him play.
But I still can't get that Donovan goal out of my head, that was terrible, he actually looked scared of the ball and moved away from it. You can't blame jabulani nor Eboue for that one, only Handanovic.
User avatar

Kraig (Trusted Member) on July 9th, 2010, 1:28 pm

Thommybhoy wrote:I really liked him every time I saw him play.
But I still can't get that Donovan goal out of my head, that was terrible, he actually looked scared of the ball and moved away from it. You can't blame jabulani nor Eboue for that one, only Handanovic.


I'll blame Denilson, pre season warm up...
User avatar

yuvken (Elite Member) on July 9th, 2010, 3:03 pm

Don't know if this is serious or not, but if it is I'm going to like this summer. I noticed this guy in the qualifiers against russia, and I was actually waiting to see when Arsène moves for him - it seemed like "arsenal keeper" was written all over him. I heard nothing since, so I hoped we would actually go for the other team's keeper :) . No, but seriously - I liked him, and to me it's no Schwarzer. I talked a lot this summer about GK being top priority, and how despite liking our other signings, nothing would satisfy me if Al is still our no. 1 choice. If this happens - I'm done. Cole, whatever the 4th CB decision is - these will be extras. Fingers crossed.
User avatar

Invincible (Lobby Member) on July 9th, 2010, 5:03 pm

He's worse than Schwarzer.
User avatar

Webdesignlab (Forum Member) on July 9th, 2010, 6:04 pm

Kraig wrote:
Thommybhoy wrote:I really liked him every time I saw him play.
But I still can't get that Donovan goal out of my head, that was terrible, he actually looked scared of the ball and moved away from it. You can't blame jabulani nor Eboue for that one, only Handanovic.


I'll blame Denilson, pre season warm up...


Great.
User avatar

asajoseph (Elite Member) on July 16th, 2010, 4:30 pm

YoungGuns referencing reports in Slovenia that we're about to announce this:

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2010/07/szcz ... g-reports/?
User avatar

GoonerGurjit (Elite Member) on July 16th, 2010, 4:38 pm

Interesting developments, if true. Personally I can't see it. I just don't see Wenger signing a goalkeeper in his mid-twenties.
User avatar

Loyan (Global Moderator) on July 16th, 2010, 4:41 pm

What makes this younguns guy so reliable. Wasn't he some dude who used to come on here back in the day saying he had mates in the youth squad because he had them on facebook or msn or something? Not like they'd know that much in terms of first team additions.
User avatar

GoonerGurjit (Elite Member) on July 16th, 2010, 4:45 pm

Younguns got the news from a Slovenian website, dude.
User avatar

otfgoon (Forum Member) on July 16th, 2010, 4:49 pm

Reports from the homeland of a player often have some substance to them, can only hope this is once again the cae.
User avatar

Abs (Lobby Member) on July 16th, 2010, 4:52 pm

otfgoon wrote:Reports from the homeland of a player often have some substance to them, can only hope this is once again the cae.

Quite the opposite there’s more rumours about players in their own homeland and a lot of it is nonsense.

USArsenal (Administrator) on July 16th, 2010, 4:54 pm

much like most of the nonsense about every other "source" out there.. one isnt any more reliable than the next unless its a credible site like SSN or the like

cant see this happening.. dont personally think he is all that great, but he's better than Manny and that's enough
User avatar

InWengerWeTrust (Forum Member) on July 16th, 2010, 4:55 pm

-Shaun- (Forum Member) on July 16th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Last edited by -Shaun- on July 16th, 2010, 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

asajoseph (Elite Member) on July 16th, 2010, 4:56 pm

Fun while it lasted!

:lol:

Back to shitty Schwarzer then...
User avatar

otfgoon (Forum Member) on July 16th, 2010, 4:57 pm

Abs wrote:Quite the opposite there’s more rumours about players in their own homeland and a lot of it is nonsense.


All I know is with a of lot of the players who we eventually end up buying, the stories originally break in foriegn press, Rosicky, Nasri, Arshavin, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Chamakh etc.

Doesn't seem to be the case this time though!
User avatar
Next


tracker