Henry is muslim!


VanReyes on August 15th, 2005, 12:32 am

Did anyone know that Thierry Henry and Robin Van Persie are both muslim!...so is kolo toure(app he prays 5 times a day)..

I know this may not be a big issue to some of you, and to a certain degree so what. Which is fair enough, but i thought i would mention it, without trying to be controversial, as some of you may not have knew.

Apparently Thierry Henry and Zinedine Zidane are both muslim, and plan to travel to Haj at the end of the year. Will Arsenal let this happen?..as we have a busy schedule towards the end of the year.

Does anyone know what happens to muslim arsenal players in the holy month of Ramandan?..Because as some of you may know, one has to fast from when sun rises till when sun sets. This year Ramandan is going to be in september i think, so it will be quite hard for the players, as the Sun is out for longer. Does players like Toure, fast on match days?.That would be impossible surely, as they would have no energy to run during the match, unless its a night game..

Anyway finding out Van persie was muslim was very interesting, as apparently his rape case has been dropped, but he admited that he did have full on sex with this woman, but did not rape her. This is a double no no, as he is married, and muslim.

Finally, i read somewhere, that Kolo Toure was extremely worried after the London bombings that muslims would receive immense backlash in the capital. He hoped to be a role model for young muslims in Britan, who are increasingly out of touch with society. Toure wants to show, that one can be a successful, muslim, and live in Britain peacefully at the same time. I think he was really pasionate about this cause as well.

Im affraid i have no sources for any of the above information, but i beleive to be fairly accurate regarding these claims.Some interesting points for you guys to look at..

Arsenal316 (Elite Member) on August 15th, 2005, 12:38 am

VanReyes wrote:Im affraid i have no sources for any of the above information, but i beleive to be fairly accurate regarding these claims.


It's official: You sir, are an idiot.

SAKURABA (Forum Member) on August 15th, 2005, 12:39 am

im a hero.!

VanReyes on August 15th, 2005, 12:43 am

Arsenal316 wrote:
VanReyes wrote:Im affraid i have no sources for any of the above information, but i beleive to be fairly accurate regarding these claims.


It's official: You sir, are an idiot.


cheers

Rupert (Lobby Member) on August 15th, 2005, 12:47 am

Arsenal316 wrote:
VanReyes wrote:Im affraid i have no sources for any of the above information, but i beleive to be fairly accurate regarding these claims.


It's official: You sir, are an idiot.


Typical yank, saying someone is Muslim is NOT a bad thing moron. Give the lad a chance perhaps...

hujja (Forum Member) on August 15th, 2005, 12:50 am

Wow..........that's the stupidest thing I've heard since Moronho apologising for his team's performance.

I can assure you that neither Thierry nor Robin are muslim because if they were, they'd have to have muslim names too.

Mark (Elite Member) on August 15th, 2005, 12:52 am

If this turns into a religious debate, it's getting locked.

Anyway, it's been discussed before. I think Toure continues to eat on match days as he can fast at a later date. Don't think it'll be an issue.

Mostarac (Trusted Member) on August 15th, 2005, 12:54 am

hujja wrote:Wow..........that's the stupidest thing I've heard since Moronho apologising for his team's performance.

I can assure you that neither Thierry nor Robin are muslim because if they were, they'd have to have muslim names too.



Haha, they do NOT have to have Muslim names in order to be muslim.

dev_atdi (Lobby Member) on August 15th, 2005, 12:54 am

Thierry Henry muslim? Robin Van Persie?

Are you having a giraffe?
User avatar

AFCG7 (Elite Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:00 am

Well i think RVP is Muslim.. maybe some of our Dutch-based posters can confirm this?
BY the way.. i have a few friends who are Muslim, two are converts and they have not changed their names.
As far as i know it is recommended but not necessary.
Anelka is also Muslim but has not changed his name either.

About Henry being a Muslim.. i have never heard anything at all about this.. not even a flying rumour so i dont beleive it.

USArsenal (Administrator) on August 15th, 2005, 1:00 am

Rupert wrote:
Arsenal316 wrote:
VanReyes wrote:Im affraid i have no sources for any of the above information, but i beleive to be fairly accurate regarding these claims.


It's official: You sir, are an idiot.


Typical yank, saying someone is Muslim is NOT a bad thing moron. Give the lad a chance perhaps...



interesting that you consider someone from Canada a Yank.... i guess the idiot comment wasnt as far off as you thought....

VanReyes on August 15th, 2005, 1:12 am

Dont lock this(unless ignorant people take it too far) dude, its all set up for some interesting discusion amongst different nationalities on this forum.We are all adults here(well most of us are above 18),so im sure we can talk about this sensitive subject in a interlectual and adult maner. Who knows, after this topic is discussed, some members may have learnt one or two things they didnt already know. As far as im aware, Thierry Henry is muslim,and hes thinking about going to Haj(religious like mecca) with Zidane in christmas. Will Wenger give him 2 weeks off in our busy xmas calender schedule,i highly doubt it.

AFCG7 (Elite Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:13 am

VanReyes has a big imagination..bordering on crazy ;D ... i wouldnt believe anything he writes on here as fact unless someone else can back it up.

hujja (Forum Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:13 am

Mostarac wrote:
hujja wrote:Wow..........that's the stupidest thing I've heard since Moronho apologising for his team's performance.

I can assure you that neither Thierry nor Robin are muslim because if they were, they'd have to have muslim names too.



Haha, they do NOT have to have Muslim names in order to be muslim.


Everyone I know who has converted has changed their name to an Islamic alternative to identify themselves as a muslim. That's what I'm basing my claim on.

I could be wrong though, since I was born muslim and never had to deal with conversion. :?

Last edited by hujja on August 15th, 2005, 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

VanReyes on August 15th, 2005, 1:13 am

abobe 18 that is, not 1..im pretty sure theres no arsenal-mania babies on this forum..:)..unless its wengers kid.Lol.

jay-d (Forum Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:14 am

hujja wrote:
Mostarac wrote:
hujja wrote:Wow..........that's the stupidest thing I've heard since Moronho apologising for his team's performance.

I can assure you that neither Thierry nor Robin are muslim because if they were, they'd have to have muslim names too.



Haha, they do NOT have to have Muslim names in order to be muslim.


Everyone I know who has converted has changed their name to an Islamic alternative to identify themselves as a muslim. That's what I'm basing my claim on.

I could be wrong though, since I was born muslim and never had to deal with conversion. :?


You are wrong.

VanReyes on August 15th, 2005, 1:20 am

http://www.thierry-henry.net/en/forum/v ... b90b2b43b9

this link may answear a view questions about whether herny is muslim or not. However, i must add it is not an offical source.

Arsenal316 (Elite Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:22 am

Rupert wrote:
Arsenal316 wrote:
VanReyes wrote:Im affraid i have no sources for any of the above information, but i beleive to be fairly accurate regarding these claims.


It's official: You sir, are an idiot.


Typical yank, saying someone is Muslim is NOT a bad thing moron. Give the lad a chance perhaps...


Apparently "yank" is used to describe Canadians. Funny...I thought that's what they used to describe Americans........(not that I would ever use it).

If you're going to resort to petty name calling, at least get it right....... :roll:

kenada (Lobby Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:25 am

I only remember Kolo ever saying he was, Id Highly doubt Henry or Van Persie are

VanReyes on August 15th, 2005, 1:28 am

now now children lets not be calling one another names. We all have one thing in common, which breaks down any religious, cultural, or nationality boundaries, and thats our love for arsenal football club. Ok, a few of us(myself included) are a bit pesimistic about arsenal more than others, but we still love them, and if it wasnt for them we wouldnt be here now chatting to one another. So leave the name calling for unfortunate and unprivalged supporters of clubs like Chelsea and Spurs.

VanReyes on August 15th, 2005, 1:29 am

kenada wrote:I only remember Kolo ever saying he was, Id Highly doubt Henry or Van Persie are


can you show me any proof that van persie and herny are not actually muslim?

Mostarac (Trusted Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:30 am

hujja wrote:
Mostarac wrote:
hujja wrote:Wow..........that's the stupidest thing I've heard since Moronho apologising for his team's performance.

I can assure you that neither Thierry nor Robin are muslim because if they were, they'd have to have muslim names too.



Haha, they do NOT have to have Muslim names in order to be muslim.


Everyone I know who has converted has changed their name to an Islamic alternative to identify themselves as a muslim. That's what I'm basing my claim on.

I could be wrong though, since I was born muslim and never had to deal with conversion. :?



I was also born Muslim, but I do not have an Muslim name.

bethie (Forum Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:40 am

It depends on where you are actually. Some places demands that you have one while others are more liberal with the name. Ultimately, the name is there to please Allah and unless you have something like Satan, the choice is there.

Most converts I know tends to take on a Muslim name, though not because the religion demands it per see, but because they want the world to know of their newfound faith.

mood (Forum Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:40 am

im not sure about henry, but robin van persie IS muslim.. so is nicolas anelka and others.

converts do not have muslim names.

bethie (Forum Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:42 am

VanReyes wrote:
kenada wrote:I only remember Kolo ever saying he was, Id Highly doubt Henry or Van Persie are


can you show me any proof that van persie and herny are not actually muslim?



fallacy of logic.

the onus is on you to prove that henry is a muslim, not us to disprove that he is not. just like it is not our onus to prove that henry is not an alien, should you fancy that he might be one and start a thread on it later.

Canuck (Elite Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:42 am

I remember the discussion about Ramadan fasting coming up last season in here. Kolo is def. Muslim but the fasting didn't seem to detract from his game that much (if he did indeed fast, perhaps he is not that devout. I will say that I am not that familiar with Muslim customs. I know more Sikhs than Muslims to be honest.) and I believe I've heard that RVP has converted as well. I've never heard anything about Henry or Zizou converting though. In regards to them taking a trip near the end of the season. I highly doubt Arsenal as a club or Madrid would feel inclined to allow them to leave when the season is still on. Perhaps in the off season but it's WC this summer so that's highly unlikely as well.

yonatan (Lobby Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:47 am

VanReyes wrote:Dont lock this(unless ignorant people take it too far) dude, its all set up for some interesting discusion amongst different nationalities on this forum.We are all adults here(well most of us are above 18),so im sure we can talk about this sensitive subject in a interlectual and adult maner. Who knows, after this topic is discussed, some members may have learnt one or two things they didnt already know. As far as im aware, Thierry Henry is muslim,and hes thinking about going to Haj(religious like mecca) with Zidane in christmas. Will Wenger give him 2 weeks off in our busy xmas calender schedule,i highly doubt it.


Haj isn't a place you idiot. I'm surprised the Muslim members of our forum haven't corrected you themselves. I wouldn't doubt Zidane being Muslim since he's from Algeria (or something around there) and those countries have a high Muslim population but I really don't think Thierry is Muslim. RvP is though, Kolo Toure is too.

kel varnsen (Trusted Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:48 am

actually, i've heard the fasting thing isn't a matter of life and death. they do make exceptions to muslims who need nutrition to stay fit if their livelihoods depend on it. however i may be way off here...

hujja (Forum Member) on August 15th, 2005, 1:51 am

:D

Even though I still believe both Thierry and Robin being muslim is totally crap, so what if they are?!!!

They're still human. Some of you guys are treating it like they've just come from Mars.

They could be Himalayan monks for all I care. They're here to play football and that's all.

This thread is pointless.

VanReyes on August 15th, 2005, 2:04 am

Canuck wrote:I remember the discussion about Ramadan fasting coming up last season in here. Kolo is def. Muslim but the fasting didn't seem to detract from his game that much (if he did indeed fast, perhaps he is not that devout. I will say that I am not that familiar with Muslim customs. I know more Sikhs than Muslims to be honest.) and I believe I've heard that RVP has converted as well. I've never heard anything about Henry or Zizou converting though. In regards to them taking a trip near the end of the season. I highly doubt Arsenal as a club or Madrid would feel inclined to allow them to leave when the season is still on. Perhaps in the off season but it's WC this summer so that's highly unlikely as well.


the less you fast doesnt mean the more devout you are. Anway im 90% sure Van Perise is muslim.And im pretty sure Henry is as well. This thread is pointless?..not quite, its already had loads of views, and im sure loads of people would be fasinated about knowing if Henry is muslim, or if he isnt for that matter. And this may sound controversial,but im sure some forum members may look at Henry in a different light..if they found out he was muslim.

I respect Kolo Toure a lot, if he does fast during Arsenal match days. Do you know how hard that is?
Next


Options

tracker

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php