Wenger's Plan For The Winter Transfer Window


future heroes (Forum Member) on October 31st, 2012, 11:56 pm

Enoch wrote:I guess what i want Arsène to do is to find players in the Pires, Henry mold, yeah i know we'll never find the exact thing, i get that, but if we can find players similar to then we should be back on track, buying the talent and the brains is the way we need to go. I know the argument here is that players like that are expensive these days, but we need to find them before they become expensive, we have a good enough manager to make that happen, so lets freakin' do it.
We did that with Fabregas, Nasri, Hleb, and van Persie, but they all left when they came good.

tactica442 (Trusted Member) on November 1st, 2012, 12:12 am

All I want this January window is a proven striker, a mobile scorers who can poach and score from headers. Perhaps Lloriente can fill the bill.

Other areas of the team seem already have enough competition between players. Although there's a great chance Walcott leaving, but the team have Wilshere back plus AOC, Gnarby and Eisfeld all coming up.
User avatar

jmsmtthw28 (Trusted Member) on November 1st, 2012, 12:29 am

Giroud, Llorente type strike aren't really mobile and I think Theo can be that mobile striker, he's deadly in front of goal and his first touch is so good now.
Theo 3 years ago had no first touch, Theo today has a pretty decent first touch

I would go for more a Hazard/Mata type player, someone that can play on the right or left and is mainly a creator but can also score
Navas/Wellignton come to mind

At home I will stick with Theo on the right or on the bench and Giroud upfront but away from or against top sides I will play Theo upfront because in an open game all cazorla and Wilshere need to do is put Theo through no defende in the world can catch him

If Theo leaves in January then a Adrian type player who is a poacher and a pretty mobile striker
User avatar

Pires7_Legend (Forum Member) on November 1st, 2012, 1:25 am

We need few players this winter / next summer.

1) I think we need to sign an experienced goalkeeper next summer.

2) I think we should add Mbiwa to our team, he is quality versatile defender who can play across defence + he will be free in summer.

3) We need a physical midfielder to add some steel into our midfield, we have tons of techincal midgets but no one real muscle man apart from Diaby who is always injured. Would love us to see signing Fellaini, but i think he will be too expesive and Everton wont let him go, someone like Capoue wont be too bad either, he is having a great season, will be cheaper aswell.

4) We have to make everything possible to make sure that Walcott will sign that thing, can not let player like that go. If he will be let go than we have find replacement. Navas/Willian/Ben Afra. + we should snap that Zaha kid aswell he will very good in a future!

5) We need to sign a quality striker to make a statement. I would love us to sign Jovetic, he would be great addition to our team.
User avatar

jmsmtthw28 (Trusted Member) on November 1st, 2012, 1:28 am

M'bwia and a keeper can be done next summer
We should tie up M'bwia in Jan hopefully and then we can offload DJ next summer

EDIT : Jovetic is going to be amazing but a lot of clubs are after him and it wont be easy to get him, WEnger did bid for him in 10/11 season
User avatar

Pires7_Legend (Forum Member) on November 1st, 2012, 1:41 am

jmsmtthw28 wrote:M'bwia and a keeper can be done next summer
We should tie up M'bwia in Jan hopefully and then we can offload DJ next summer

EDIT : Jovetic is going to be amazing but a lot of clubs are after him and it wont be easy to get him, WEnger did bid for him in 10/11 season


I agree on goalkeeper and defender. We should tie up Mbiwa in winter and sign him in summer and we can let one of Fabianski/Mannone go and bring in experienced keeper in summer aswell. + i hope we tie up that Zaha kid aswell as soon as possible.

But i really hope we bring in quality midfielder and striker this winter.
Fellaini/Capoue would be brilliant addition to our team.
And we have to sign quaility winger or striker aswell, depending on walcott situation, if walcott gonna be promoted as a striker than we need a winger, if he gonna be kept on the wing than we need a striker. But if he goes than we need, winger and a striker! Would love us signing Jovetic, quality player!
User avatar

Pires7_Legend (Forum Member) on November 1st, 2012, 1:42 am

What Wenger can also do is, he might let walcott go and replace him with one player and in same time he will try to tie up one of Llorente/Huntelaar in winter and bring them in on free in summer!
User avatar

Airknight (Forum Member) on November 1st, 2012, 3:13 am

Still think it'll be no players, Theo gone... only way i see that changing is if Podolski gets an injury around that time.

spartandre217 (Forum Member) on November 1st, 2012, 3:17 am

That 12 minute clip might not say much but if anything I saw that Zaha's good with the ball at his feet though his touch may be a little off.

He's a little awkward looking but bloody effective running with it though. Strong as all hell though and doesn't look it though.

Inventive too.


Raw though and reminds me of Gervinho though. Not sure if that's a good thing but I'm sure whoever gets him will be content

Last edited by spartandre217 on November 1st, 2012, 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar

mavelous (Trusted Member) on November 1st, 2012, 4:40 am

who?
User avatar

jmsmtthw28 (Trusted Member) on November 1st, 2012, 4:45 am

Airknight wrote:Still think it'll be no players, Theo gone... only way i see that changing is if Podolski gets an injury around that time.

Gervinho is going to ACN and I do think the fan reaction that the board, wenger and kroneke got in this AGM will have an effect
User avatar

jmsmtthw28 (Trusted Member) on November 25th, 2012, 10:33 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -move.html
http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2012 ... s-arsenal/

Germangunners
No final info on possible Huntelaar transfer so far but contract talks with Schalke def in a dead end atm.Pool seems to be in it


Huntelaar to Arsenal seems like an amazing signing for a very small fees (because of age and contract expiry).
In the Villa game he would have made a big difference if he had started or came on in the second half and we need a player of his attributes in the team imo BUT if Walcott signs on will Wenger still go for a striker

Gervinho is going to ACN, Arshavin is more or less going to either Reading or Russia and Chamak if he has any sense will ask for a move away (also going to ACN just realized)

Huntelaar if Theo is leaving is an obvious choice but will wenger consider him if Theo stays? (which I think will happen)
User avatar

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on November 25th, 2012, 10:37 pm

We need Huntelaar or another striker for sure, surely he'd choose us over Liverpool.
User avatar

musicmonkey (Forum Member) on November 25th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Hopefully, wonder if Liverpool can offer more money though but surely our Champions League football should be more enticing. I'd rather we went for a winger though personally. Giroud does have some goals in him, Podolski can play down the middle and our supply from the wings outside of Theo who still has a bit of an injury history is pretty dire. We're looked pretty toothless in the games he's missed especially.

I'd love a cheeky bid for Baines too since Wenger seems to have completely lost faith in Santos. There was a rumour about Santos leaving last week too. Plenty of rumours around Arshavin going back to Zenit for a couple of million, hoping something picks up around Chamakh.
User avatar

a_fourteen (Forum Member) on November 25th, 2012, 10:50 pm

We are stuck until we lose chamakh and arshavin. We should let them out of their contracts so they can go back to zenit and bourdoux. Only if they go in the winter will wenger be able to bring in another wide forward or striker. We can reasonably expect Adrian Lopez who would be in our price range and would fit our style of play easily. I'd also like another left back pronto.

a_fourteen (Forum Member) on November 25th, 2012, 10:55 pm

Pires7_Legend wrote:We need few players this winter / next summer.

1) I think we need to sign an experienced goalkeeper next summer.

2) I think we should add Mbiwa to our team, he is quality versatile defender who can play across defence + he will be free in summer.

3) We need a physical midfielder to add some steel into our midfield, we have tons of techincal midgets but no one real muscle man apart from Diaby who is always injured. Would love us to see signing Fellaini, but i think he will be too expesive and Everton wont let him go, someone like Capoue wont be too bad either, he is having a great season, will be cheaper aswell.

4) We have to make everything possible to make sure that Walcott will sign that thing, can not let player like that go. If he will be let go than we have find replacement. Navas/Willian/Ben Afra. + we should snap that Zaha kid aswell he will very good in a future!

5) We need to sign a quality striker to make a statement. I would love us to sign Jovetic, he would be great addition to our team.


1) no experienced gk will come in if our number one is a twenty year old.

2) Mbiwa has signed a new deal with Montpellier.

3) Wenger will probably evaluate Frimpong on loan and then decide.

4) True

5) Until we sort out our salary structure no top striker will join us. I don't see that happening any time soon.

jmsmtthw28 (Trusted Member) on November 25th, 2012, 11:01 pm

a_fourteen wrote:We are stuck until we lose chamakh and arshavin. We should let them out of their contracts so they can go back to zenit and bourdoux. Only if they go in the winter will wenger be able to bring in another wide forward or striker. We can reasonably expect Adrian Lopez who would be in our price range and would fit our style of play easily. I'd also like another left back pronto.

Reading from what I have heard are desperate to sign Arshavin their manager, owner and player have all come out and spoken to the media about it, Zenit are also interested so I think this will happen
Also Chamak, Gervinho are off to ACN which means we lose them for atleast 3 months (with tournament and fatigue)
If we dont sign anyone and keep Walcott we will have
ST : Giroud
RW : Walcott, OX
LW : Podolski
4 players for 3 positions is just not good enough even for us I think 1 will definitely happen and hopefully after the fan and media anger 2

Huntelaar is the obvious choice and if we can offload Arshavin a winger maybe
We have been linked with
Zaha - unlikely till the summer
Isco - Has a 15m buy out clause but if cup tied
Ben Arfa - Will cost 15m+ and I doubt wenger will pay that much
Holtby - Cheap and a good player
Navas - Haven't seen him play this season but can imagine his crosses causing havoc with Giroud
User avatar

dysphoria (Forum Member) on November 25th, 2012, 11:01 pm

spartandre217 wrote:That 12 minute clip might not say much but if anything I saw that Zaha's good with the ball at his feet though his touch may be a little off.

He's a little awkward looking but bloody effective running with it though. Strong as all hell though and doesn't look it though.

Inventive too.


Raw though and reminds me of Gervinho though. Not sure if that's a good thing but I'm sure whoever gets him will be content



please no, i've been keeping an eye on palace and i can safely say zaha is nothing like gervinho, zaha is way more individualistic with is dribbling because he consistently beats his man with trickery, his biggest downfall is that he often tries too hard and doesn't release the ball to team mates around him. He's also very strong for his size and has quite a decent shot on him. Zaha is also very much a central player, whilst he's often played out wide, he constantly seems to be very single minded, he'll drive straight to the box and try to get a shot in whereas gervinho is...gervinho. However, the main reason why i'd prefer zaha over gervinho is because of the simple fact that zaha seems(so far at least) to be very confident in himself whereas gervinho often looks like a deer caught in headlights who's more worried about what he's going to do wrong.

I still think its all moot anyway, very unlikely that we'll get him.
User avatar

jmsmtthw28 (Trusted Member) on November 25th, 2012, 11:08 pm

Zaha is the exactly type of player we need, OX is becoming more of a CAM as his progression continue but Zaha is a traditional winger he stays on the right and loves to use his pace and trickery to come inside and either score or lay it off for a player
I would love to see him at Arsenal but it wont happen this season, Palce have no incentive to sell this season they need Zaha for their promotion push (would make 50m if they made it into the PL)
User avatar

a_fourteen (Forum Member) on November 26th, 2012, 2:18 am

jmsmtthw28 wrote:
a_fourteen wrote:We are stuck until we lose chamakh and arshavin. We should let them out of their contracts so they can go back to zenit and bourdoux. Only if they go in the winter will wenger be able to bring in another wide forward or striker. We can reasonably expect Adrian Lopez who would be in our price range and would fit our style of play easily. I'd also like another left back pronto.

Reading from what I have heard are desperate to sign Arshavin their manager, owner and player have all come out and spoken to the media about it, Zenit are also interested so I think this will happen
Also Chamak, Gervinho are off to ACN which means we lose them for atleast 3 months (with tournament and fatigue)
If we dont sign anyone and keep Walcott we will have
ST : Giroud
RW : Walcott, OX
LW : Podolski
4 players for 3 positions is just not good enough even for us I think 1 will definitely happen and hopefully after the fan and media anger 2

Huntelaar is the obvious choice and if we can offload Arshavin a winger maybe
We have been linked with
Zaha - unlikely till the summer
Isco - Has a 15m buy out clause but if cup tied
Ben Arfa - Will cost 15m+ and I doubt wenger will pay that much
Holtby - Cheap and a good player
Navas - Haven't seen him play this season but can imagine his crosses causing havoc with Giroud

Of those you've listed I can only see holtby as likely. I'd add Lopez and maybe Belhanda to that list.

Wrighty4eva (Forum Member) on November 26th, 2012, 3:20 am

Huntelarr would be absolutely useless in our current set up, we need a player with an explosive skill set that can do something special when we have a deadlock similar to the villa game...
User avatar

AFCG7 (Elite Member) on November 26th, 2012, 3:36 am

Well then Wrighty4eva we need to spend the money and get Falcao
User avatar

ArseneKnows-47 (Forum Member) on November 26th, 2012, 3:50 am

This is the first season in Wenger's tenure where the team lacks a world beater. It'll be interested to see who bails us out or not when **** hits the fan, like it usually does in the busy end of the season.
User avatar

Bossa (Forum Member) on November 26th, 2012, 5:20 am

We can forget signing a player who plays for a club in the k.o. stages of the CL. And no club is crazy to sell their best players unless their contract ends in the summer or unless we offer crazy money.
User avatar

jmsmtthw28 (Trusted Member) on November 26th, 2012, 5:29 am

Mathieu Valubena is a player I really like, we were linked with him at the start of this season maybe Wenger will regnite that interest again
Similar to Cazorla, can also play on the wings, he's 28 though but a very handy player to have in the team in my view and gets a lot of assist (got 18 last season)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtiAI9_FrsI&hd=1

Valubena + Huntelaar for 16-18m
to sort out attack out, Huntelaar is cup tied for the CL so that might stop wenger from getting him. (Plus sort out Theo contract)

Would also like us to get a enforcer in midfield. Fellalini is the dream signing and he wants to play in the CL but realistically I will take Capoue who has been brilliant this season

Last edited by jmsmtthw28 on November 26th, 2012, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar

jinjin5000 (Forum Member) on November 26th, 2012, 5:30 am

Wenger needs to put together a potentially title challenging squad,

-A physical CM, a Diaby who would have been perfect and developed into a beast if it wasn't for his injury
-A creative winger who can put cross in, also needs pace
-A leftback
-Right back after Sagna leaves
-Mobile striker who can operate in wings. Villa-esq would be awesome
-Experienced goalkeeper, old enough to not damage Szczesny's progress but good enough to still operate in top teams. A Cesar.

jmsmtthw28 (Trusted Member) on November 26th, 2012, 5:39 am

jinjin5000 wrote:Wenger needs to put together a potentially title challenging squad,

-A physical CM, a Diaby who would have been perfect and developed into a beast if it wasn't for his injury
-A creative winger who can put cross in, also needs pace
-A leftback
-Right back after Sagna leaves
-Mobile striker who can operate in wings. Villa-esq would be awesome
-Experienced goalkeeper, old enough to not damage Szczesny's progress but good enough to still operate in top teams. A Cesar.

For the winter transfer window I will take
-A physical CM, a Diaby who would have been perfect and developed into a beast if it wasn't for his injury
DREAM - Fellaini REALISTICALLY - Capoue
-A creative winger who can put cross in, also needs pace
Valubena, Navas (although he hasn't be good this season)
-Mobile striker who can operate in wings. Villa-esq would be awesome
DREAM - Jovetic REALISTICALLY - Adrian/Huntelaar

A LB can be done next season, A RB - we dont need a RB we have Sagna and Jenkinson, GK - we can get a solid no.2 next season
User avatar

FinnGooner (Forum Member) on November 26th, 2012, 8:58 am

Our squad isn't one or two players away from challenging at the very top. Th truth is we need a change in our transfer policy and if we do it it might still take a few years to get our squad quality to the required level.

Last edited by FinnGooner on November 26th, 2012, 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on November 26th, 2012, 9:06 am

AFCG7 wrote:Well then Wrighty4eva we need to spend the money and get Falcao


If you want a more individualistic striker then you wouldn't go for Falcao. As good as he is he is still heavily reliant on supply, cavani would be the better fit imo but we won't get either of them
User avatar

Dwangoon (Forum Member) on November 26th, 2012, 1:29 pm

1 picture.

Image

if miracle happen, then maybe sort out Walcott's contract. Get rid of a few deadwood.
User avatar
Previous Next


tracker