Kevin Strootman

Vinci (Forum Member) on December 5th, 2012, 10:12 am

It's the thought that counts, right..

(Link doesn't work, btw).

clockwork orange (Elite Member) on December 5th, 2012, 10:42 am

:D

The main problem was that (s)he doesn't even have a shed.

That was very funny news indeed.

AnthonyG (Administrator) on December 5th, 2012, 7:32 pm

Heh, I just hope she's not allergic to cats. :wink: Really want to get linked to this guy now!

But, back to the Stroot.

tactica442 (Trusted Member) on December 8th, 2012, 9:10 am

Stroorman plays like a JVP in CM, good skills, off-ball movements, and bravery in taking shots. His techniques in delivering diagnol, deep passes looks interesting. One thing I particularly like is his quick thinking before passing, but maybe that's owning to the biased highlights on YT. His style in CM will need some adjustments as he doesn't seem to have enough strength. If he got the immediate pressure like what Arteta now has having getting, he won't hold the ball too well. I will be surprised if he can make immediate impact once he comes to PL in January.

Wouterus (Forum Member) on December 8th, 2012, 2:49 pm

I highly doubt that 1) he is willing to move in January 2) PSV are willing to sell him at a reasonable price in January. He still has a contract until 2016 and is only at PSV for 1,5 years.

I reckon he will leave PSV in the summer at the earliest. He will be playing the U-21 European Championship in June. If he plays well there, that would significantly increase his value.

Proof (Trusted Member) on December 8th, 2012, 3:11 pm

All I know about this dude is that he scored a spectacular goal against Finland.

Wouterus (Forum Member) on December 8th, 2012, 3:18 pm

He certainly did, that goal was a copy of Eduardo's goal against Burnley.

Eduardo vs. Burnley

Strootman vs. Finland

tactica442 (Trusted Member) on December 8th, 2012, 9:21 pm

To me, Eduardo's goal is more difficult. Strootman hit the ball at the height with firm contact on the ball. Eduardo managed to hit the ball with just enough power and controlled swing from his leg and body, with confidence.

The_Playmaker (Forum Member) on December 9th, 2012, 3:40 pm

He seems to be more in the mould of Alonso, he has a very good passing range which is why Man Utd are interested in him. What we need is a dynamic ball winner with pace. We commit so many men forward that we need someone capable of recovering.

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on December 14th, 2012, 11:35 am

Manchester United and Arsenal are leading the chase to sign PSV midfielder Kevin Strootman. (The Sun)

PSV source: “It looks certain Strootman will leave in Jan. The question is where? It looks like Man Utd or Arsenal — they're both very keen”

dpt49 (Banned) on December 14th, 2012, 11:50 am

We never enter a bidding war, certainly not with Ferguson.
The only hope of us beating Man u in signing a player is if they blow their transfer budget on Walcott.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on December 14th, 2012, 1:17 pm

Both teams need midfielders i think manure need more then us because they are short in midfield Strootman better then cleverley he will be starter here, If he come here he will not start over jack or santi in my opinion and maybe if mikel was on form he will not start over him.

but i would really love strootman here because our squad players are s**te.

truth_hurts (Forum Member) on December 14th, 2012, 4:26 pm

Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson, Powell, Kagawa, Fletcher, Rooney (to a degree) are all central midfielders who play fairly frequently. Strootman is good enough to start at United but you could argue there is more need for him here then at united.

GDeep (Forum Member) on December 14th, 2012, 4:35 pm

Jan Vertonghan confirms Wenger wanted him, but as a midfielder in the "Petit role". Jan the pussy bottled the move for guaranteed starts at Spurs, but everything points to us looking at someone like Strootman.

Any dutch guys tell me about Jordi Clasie? White Edgar David's?

Floating (Trusted Member) on December 14th, 2012, 4:39 pm

GDeep wrote:Jan Vertonghan confirms Wenger wanted him, but as a midfielder in the "Petit role". Jan the pussy bottled the move for guaranteed starts at Spurs, but everything points to us looking at someone like Strootman.

Any dutch guys tell me about Jordi Clasie? White Edgar David's?

I'm not Dutch but I believe Clasie is more of a playmaker than a terrier style midfielder.

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on December 14th, 2012, 4:44 pm

Leyroy Fer is the next Dutch DM with some hype about him, I haven't really seen him play though.

GDeep (Forum Member) on December 14th, 2012, 4:54 pm

Not seen much of Clasie but read somewhere him being compared to David's, cheers Floating.

Floating (Trusted Member) on December 14th, 2012, 5:15 pm

Fer or Strootman (or Capoue, or M'Vila, or Wanyama, or Diame) would be brilliant.

Floating (Trusted Member) on December 21st, 2012, 8:49 pm

John Cross saying that our interest in Strootman is "very real" but we face competition from United and other top clubs for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8bDY-kHwfI

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on December 21st, 2012, 9:01 pm

Would love him here but I think we will miss out if United are in for him.

jmsmtthw28 (Trusted Member) on December 21st, 2012, 9:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW4OBdWntNQ&hd=1

Avg. Passes - 77.3/ Pass Success - 91.3%
Long Balls - 5/ Key Passes - 1.7
Tackles - 7 / Interception - 2
Goals - 5 (17g) / Shots Per Goal - 4

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/35954/ ... -Strootman

He's a box to box midfielder if Wenger is serious about getting him then hopefully he's disciplined to play alongside WIlshere and Cazorla

truth_hurts (Forum Member) on December 22nd, 2012, 12:01 pm

He's a good player and this is the most important thing as we need more quality in our midfield. i do like Coquellin and even Ramsey to a degree but Strootman is better than both.

clockwork orange (Elite Member) on December 22nd, 2012, 12:20 pm

GDeep wrote:Not seen much of Clasie but read somewhere him being compared to David's, cheers Floating.

Good comparison. Maybe a tad less of a pitbull than Davids, but he wins a lot of balls. What he shares with Davids is good technical ability and a good (and fast working) football brain. Needs very little time on the ball and has a good passing range.

marv3llous (Forum Member) on December 22nd, 2012, 12:21 pm

Silently excited about him. Powerhouse midfielders who fit our technical game are rare. Diaby replacement. Please happen.

Gooner_Stu (Forum Member) on December 22nd, 2012, 6:06 pm

marv3llous wrote:Silently excited about him. Powerhouse midfielders who fit our technical game are rare. Diaby replacement. Please happen.

Not sure Diaby plays enough to warrent any incoming player being likened as his replacement, but someone who can play the same role and actually make it through a season with minimal injuries is a most welcome acquisition.

clockwork orange (Elite Member) on December 23rd, 2012, 1:23 pm

Strootman still has a contract until 2016. For PSV it's key they win the Dutch league (there's only 1 sure CL spot for Holland). They invested their last money, going all out for it. If they consider selling at all, they will only sell Strootman for more than we will be prepared to pay.

Taylor Gang Gunners (Forum Member) on December 23rd, 2012, 11:40 pm

I really hope we get him. I seriously don't want Yanited to get him because he's what they need, which'll make them stronger.

I'd be delighted if we got him.

jmsmtthw28 (Trusted Member) on January 30th, 2013, 10:07 am

@WorldFootyAgent
Kevin Strootman looks set for a move to Arsenal from PSV Eindhoven after he refected the advances of Manchester United #AFC #MUFC

WC midfielder who's exactly what we need but so so so unlikely
...... still grasping at straws is all an Arsenal fan can do right now

Wilshere - Strootman
------ Cazorla
:cry: :cry:

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on January 30th, 2013, 10:15 am

jmsmtthw28 wrote:
@WorldFootyAgent
Kevin Strootman looks set for a move to Arsenal from PSV Eindhoven after he refected the advances of Manchester United #AFC #MUFC

WC midfielder who's exactly what we need but so so so unlikely
...... still grasping a straws is all an Arsenal can do right now

Wilshere - Strootman
------ Cazorla
:cry: :cry:

It's a nothing rumour sadly but I would love him here, love his style in midfield.

___Walcott___Giroud___Cazorla___
___________Wilshere____________
________Arteta____Strootman_____

Imagine if we managed to add Villa to that.....sadly Strootman will go United, he's also got RVP and Buttner there for company.

ArsenesNO1Fan (Forum Member) on January 30th, 2013, 11:48 am

'WorldFootyAgent' come on, don't bump on such a nothing link
Previous Next

tracker