Florian Thauvin

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on January 19th, 2013, 11:23 am

25m Transfer Central TNC ‏@TransferNewsCen
SC Bastia have received a firm offer for Florian Thauvin from Arsenal for an amount of 5 million euros. (NiceMatin)

30m Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner
#Thauvin only played a few times for Bastia's first XI, but when he's been involved, he's looked v good. Certainly has #Arsenal potential.

35m Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner
#Arsenal have offered €5m for #Bastia teenager Florian Thauvin, according to various sources in France. Wide attacking player. #AFC

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/thauv ... 84892.html

19 year old attacking midfielder currently at Bastia.

tap-in (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 11:37 am

He scored this goal recently. It doesn't tell us much but he took the chance well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFiWpWksHow

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on January 19th, 2013, 11:38 am

yousif_arsenal wrote:This is looks another Thomas Eisfeld. please Arsène lets stop buying teenagers and lets go buy some good players improve our squad.

From his development he looks a level above Eisfeld. In all honesty I have no problem with signing young players like this as its important to our future, but it doesn't have a bearing on making any signings on the now.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 11:39 am

This is looks another Thomas Eisfeld. please Arsène lets stop buying teenagers and lets go buy some good players improve our squad.

adelaidegooner10 (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 11:48 am

Sounds like a character from Lord of the Rings :lol:

marv3llous (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 12:12 pm

€5m for an unknown French kid from L2, yep sounds like Arsène. Isnt he going to kill Eisfeld though? :(

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on January 19th, 2013, 12:29 pm

Matt Spiro @mattspiro 2h
#AFC bid €5m for young Bastia winger Florian Thauvin, say L'Equipe. Exciting prospect, quick, skilful, direct. Tough guy too

Loken (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 12:47 pm

So it seems we've given up with Zaha if we go for this guy. Seem to be the same sort of player (from what I've read) and play the same position.

We really are scared of any 'competition' for players, chased off Zaha by United :roll:

THunter (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 1:03 pm

You've put two and two together and got 6 there, it's probably got nothing to do with Zaha.

evoh_1 (Lobby Member) on January 19th, 2013, 1:09 pm

That game where he scored he looked ok but reims were so bad i would expect any talent good enough for arsenal to score a hat full. French league GKs are resoundly sh't these days I would say they are on par with holland for woefull ability to stop the ball going in the net.

dbig (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 2:50 pm

Will help us win the U21 league.

dpt49 (Banned) on January 19th, 2013, 3:08 pm

He is not better than anything we already have.
He is playing in a league where the standard is two or three levels below the PL.
Do we need yet another young French AM from a sub standard league.

Will Wenger ever learn that this sort of transfer is not what we need.

Glovegun (Trusted Member) on January 19th, 2013, 3:20 pm

To be fair he's not really signed many kids in recent transfer windows.

Chamberlain - class act. Jenkinson has turned out superbly when everyone in the country thought he was an utter donkey. Miyaichi and Eisfeld didn't cost us much. Coquelin was signed years ago.

I reckon the budget for players like Thauvin is probably completely seperate from the money he gets given to improve the first team.

ArsenesNO1Fan (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 3:45 pm

We need to buy 19yos or younger in order to have adequate 'home grown' players.

Also given the prices 15million plus prices of 22yo prodigy's it's better we snap them up a little earlier

ArsenesNO1Fan (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 3:46 pm

Mudi wrote:If we want to buy a prospect, why not Tom Ince, Zaha, Griezmann, Munian, Draxler,... .

Because they're overpriced for meer prospects? We maybe in for Zaha anyway

Mudi (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 3:49 pm

We have Gnabry and Ryo for the wings in the reserves. Eisfeld and Campbell can play aswell at that position. Why do we need another youngster that just played 20 games in the ligue 2 for €5m???

If we want to buy a prospect, why not Tom Ince, Zaha, Griezmann, Munian, Draxler,...

If this guy is our only transfer in January, I will stop supporting Arsenal untill this madness is over.

ArseGod (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 4:23 pm

We signed Walcott n some guy named diaby

progman07 (Lobby Member) on January 19th, 2013, 4:44 pm

Probably nothing will happen, I just want to say that we do have stupid signings like this one, and these signings make us unable to buy Falcaos and/or make us ready to offer 5 million more for Matas and Xabi Alonsos.

5m here and there, they add up, I'd rather we bought one Götze than 8 Thauvins or Denilsons/Ramseys/Eisfelds. And please don't say that Denilson or Ramsey were going to become the next Fabregas... you can see that early whether a player is going to be "BIG", or not.

If you are going to rely on youngsters becoming ready, at least you should gamble on the world class potential ones like Wilshere and Cesc. You don't gamble on someone who has got Rosicky potential (and I'm not talking about specific players compared to Rosicky, but the phenomenon).

Quality all over quantity, Wenger should understand this as he has been talking about it for a long time. He bought 4 players (Gervinho, Park, Chamakh and Giroud) instead of one (Cavani, Falcao, etc.) to replace Adebayor, and the fans ******* hate it, even if they don't understand that we could have got a big marquee signing for the 4 player's wages and price.

ArsenesNO1Fan (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 5:21 pm

Rosicky was actually maybe even better than Wilshere as a youngster, he didn't quite reach his potential here and his legs are nowhere near the same now

There's no guarantee the likes of Gotze won't go backward from where he is now. Allot of wonder kids go backwards and there are countless examples, like Gourcuff and Sahin recently, although the latter should bounce back. Where as others come from nowhere to be world class, see our own Ian Wright

GDeep (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Sounds like he is the real deal and we've made a decent bid very quickly to tempt his club into selling. If he is THAT good then the hype train will be close by, and the fee rockets with hype, smart move from us.

Matt Spiro rates him, that's enough for me, Spiro knows his stuff.

truth_hurts (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 6:21 pm

Should put the money towards Zaha instead.

darthwenger (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 6:38 pm

To be honest, I know absolutely nothing about this guy - do we really need another 19yo prospect?

Seems as though we already have Ryo, Eisfeld, Gnabry, Campbell and a host of others who might or might not make it. I'd rather start seeing these guys get a shot if they are good enough.

I've no problems buying this guy if he is decent but I'm tired of seeing young players coming in and either disappearing or just not playing. In my opinion, age has nothing to do with it, if they are good enough, they are old enough.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 6:50 pm

http://www.sc-bastia.net/v4/?p=18980

Bastia release press statement denying clubs are in talks with Arsenal over Florian Thauvin.

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on January 19th, 2013, 8:11 pm

yousif_arsenal wrote:http://www.sc-bastia.net/v4/?p=18980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bastia release press statement denying clubs are in talks with Arsenal over Florian Thauvin.

Which means we are officially in talks.

Azeem Khaja (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 9:58 pm

Super Super Quality, is he?

truth_hurts (Forum Member) on January 19th, 2013, 10:07 pm

Vela, Wellington, now this guy how many young attackers are we going to spend/waste decent sums of money on?

Can't get excited over this one

Pies (Forum Member) on January 20th, 2013, 12:55 am

truth_hurts wrote:Vela, Wellington, now this guy how many young attackers are we going to spend/waste decent sums of money on?

How many times have you watched him?

Tranquil (Forum Member) on January 20th, 2013, 2:54 am

Pies wrote:
truth_hurts wrote:Vela, Wellington, now this guy how many young attackers are we going to spend/waste decent sums of money on?

How many times have you watched him?

I doubt many people here had even heard of him a couple of days ago. But this does look like just another Arsène buy. One in 20 come off. But Oh well. You never know. Thauvin might be a club legend in 5 years time!

GDeep (Forum Member) on January 20th, 2013, 3:47 am

I don't know why people get their panties in a twist over young players all the time, you have to plan for the future don't you? Most of our decent money young signings go on to do well for us, Wengers record is very good, some have been sold on for bomb money too, Ade recently comes to mind, he was 21 when we signed him, Clichy probably cost peanuts etc, we made a profit on Vela too, a 1000% + profit

There is probably another budget for development signings, as others have mentioned, and our recent signings have all been experienced players - Per, Arteta, Giroud, Gervinho, Santos, Podolski.

Its all about balance and Wenger has it spot on I feel, maybe in the past we we concentrated too much on young signings, but I think Wenger has it right atm.

mavelous (Trusted Member) on January 20th, 2013, 3:59 am

well, ramsey and wellington come to mind of recent top money youngsters. not really fairytale careers for them so far.
Next

Options

tracker