RVP compares Arsenal to Man Utd

DiamondGooner (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 2:13 pm

Well this might be slightly irritating but it is a former Gunners impression on our current state of affairs what do you make of it?

Van Persie insists he has no regrets about the switch.

He said: 'Arsenal are a great club but after eight years sometimes you feel that you need a new challenge. If you look at the last couple of months it explains it all. I'm seeing things again that I didn't see for a long time. All these guys here know how to win and become champions.

'When I came to Arsenal years ago, I saw things from Dennis Bergkamp and Thierry Henry I'd never seen before. Now I'm seeing those things again and that makes me really happy. It's like a kid in a sweet shop. It's like, "This is good, this is having fun, this is enjoying yourself".

'All these little things added together make a big difference. It makes me feel that I'm surrounded by champions.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... nited.html

THunter (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 2:17 pm

He's a **** that's what I think of him, **** thread.

marv3llous (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 2:26 pm

As much as it hurts he is right. We all know it. We all admit it. They are winners, we are not.

DiamondGooner (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 2:28 pm

Does give an insight into what he was thinking when he sent his angry P45 letter though doesn't it.

DiamondGooner (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 2:35 pm

@glaveror

I did warn it may be in my opening, maybe I should have highlighted it as a disclaimer lol.

*Warning may induce momentary tourettes*

Last edited by DiamondGooner on January 22nd, 2013, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

glaveror (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 2:36 pm

Annoying to read,what's even more annoying is that he's right. ****!

Revolution (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 2:41 pm

Nothing wrong with what he said and nothing to get worked up about either.

He wants to win medals, not hollow fourth-place cups. More importantly, he would rather be at a club where the quality is on the pitch, not off it.

dysphoria (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 2:44 pm

i've grown tired of being angry and hating him, he's just too good and looks bang on course to win the league, what i'd give for city to win the league yet again. Traitorous ****.

evoh_1 (Lobby Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 2:55 pm

He left because we don't want to compete for top titles and are more focussed on the bottom line and sustaining the club, on top of that we don't pay the going rate for a player of RVP's standard.

I have no issue with Robin leaving at all now on his side as it has been obvious that we have no interest in putting out a competitive side at the top of the table and are going in the wrong direction points wise and in the quality of the squad. If you can't compete at the elite level you don't deserve to, and won't be able to retain elite level players its as simple as that.

Vieira, Henry, Pires etc stayed because we were winning if they were in a squad doing what we are doing now then they would have been out after a year or two.

marv3llous (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 3:09 pm

I have somewhat calmed down about him, because he is right about our ambition. You cant fault a man for wanting to do better in his life rather than waste away his career with the club and manager who have no intention to compete for the highest places.

When watching the Cologne game i felt "wow, we have a pretty competitive and complete squad now". Since we had "added" those 2-3 players we were crying out for the whole last season. I knew he was probably gonna go at that point. We didnt know the seriousness of Song situation yet and i actually do not mind getting rid of them but i do mind not replacing them and this really tells a story about our ambitions. Or that our manager is deluded when assessing the quality of our squad.

Wenger14 (Elite Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 3:15 pm

evoh_1 wrote:He left because we don't want to compete for top titles and are more focussed on the bottom line and sustaining the club, on top of that we don't pay the going rate for a player of RVP's standard.

I have no issue with Robin leaving at all now on his side as it has been obvious that we have no interest in putting out a competitive side at the top of the table and are going in the wrong direction points wise and in the quality of the squad. If you can't compete at the elite level you don't deserve to, and won't be able to retain elite level players its as simple as that.

Vieira, Henry, Pires etc stayed because we were winning if they were in a squad doing what we are doing now then they would have been out after a year or two.
Spot on. It's actually getting a tad annoying watchings fans slag off every player that leaves us. It's not their fault we aren't run as an ambitious club anymore. Direct that anger towards the guys that run this place, act where it hurts them the most. Something needs to be done, 6th place end of January and not one player in? It's ridiculous! /rantover

a_fourteen (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 3:22 pm

Does he mention he was injured 27 times in 8 seasons at Arsenal? Thought not.

Kroket (Trusted Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 3:34 pm

Can see where he's coming from, hard to argue with what he's saying about Arsenal tbh. Normally I'd completely understand a 29-year old player of his caliber leaving us to go someplace where you can win trophies, but considering how the club have always stuck with him during all those injuries and controversies it leaves a sour taste in my mouth when he moves to Man Utd after barely two seasons of repaying the patience and faith shown in him.

I've stopped hating on players who we sold to our rival teams for a long time now, but as far as I'm concerned Robin can go **** himself. Right up there with Ashley Cole for me.

mo50 (Elite Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 3:41 pm

a_fourteen wrote:Does he mention he was injured 27 times in 8 seasons at Arsenal? Thought not.

Oh, he did. He said he was "unlucky" and that all his injuries were from contact and not muscular/physical issues.

RandomHero84 (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 3:47 pm

We all hate it, but he is bang on.....and its the reason why we are all so angry.

For him it was a good decision, its never nice to be the jilted bride.

Glovegun (Trusted Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 3:51 pm

I've tried to hate him, but I can't. If he wants to win things then he made the right decision to leave.

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 3:53 pm

Don't blame him at all for leaving. Still a **** though.

a_fourteen (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 3:56 pm

mo50 wrote:
a_fourteen wrote:Does he mention he was injured 27 times in 8 seasons at Arsenal? Thought not.

Oh, he did. He said he was "unlucky" and that all his injuries were from contact and not muscular/physical issues.

Ask Luis Saha what good that excuse did him at United.

Pies (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 4:00 pm

RandomHero84 wrote:We all hate it, but he is bang on.....and its the reason why we are all so angry.

For him it was a good decision, its never nice to be the jilted bride.

Pretty much.

Herbas (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 4:04 pm

He's a hypocrite who's an "Arsenal fan" but leaves us on the first chance he could.

I seriously regret that we gave him so much time and patience. His last two WC seasons didn't make up for missing 07/08 and 09/10 seasons when we had realistic chances to win the title.

juice man (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 4:07 pm

He's absolutely right. But he doesn't need to be talking about Arsenal anymore, especially with a negative undertone like this.

GDeep (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 4:10 pm

The RvP talk has been done to death and his comments aren't something we didn't know already. We know why Robin left, and we also know he pulled one of the nastiest stunts seen in modern day British football.

Wenger should put him in place about his ''8 years'' too, you ain't no Cesc mate.

a_fourteen (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 4:11 pm

I remember shortly after cesc left in an interview he ruefully said "we would have won something at arsenal had robin been fit". And that pretty much sums up this tragedy. Wenger pushed the boat out for this guy and he betrayed him. He should have replaced Ade immediately with a quality striker so this guy had competition. Instead he gave him everything - bought chamakh so that his path was not blocked when he recovered, moved him from 10 to 9, gave him confidence. One of the things I really respect about wenger is that he does not air his dirty laundry in public but i'd love to know what he truly thinks of this cvnt.

Mastadon (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 4:12 pm

a_fourteen wrote:
mo50 wrote:

Ask Luis Saha what good that excuse did him at United.

Good enough to win him a bunch of trophies he would not have won if he stayed at Fulham?

marv3llous (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 4:17 pm

GDeep wrote:Wenger should put him in place about his ''8 years'' too, you ain't no Cesc mate.

You mean the captain of Arsenal who went on strike to force a move and watched a F1 GP instead of our game? Yeah.

evoh_1 (Lobby Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 4:17 pm

I have a feeling that RVP leaving will damage the squad in the same way liam brady's depature did, long term it took the clubs ages to get back on track as he was the only world class player.

a_fourteen (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 4:18 pm

Mastadon wrote:Good enough to win him a bunch of trophies he would not have won if he stayed at Fulham?

fergie kicked saha to the curb the minute he knew he was a crock. the same wouldve/shouldve happened with rvp. it's wenger's extraordinary patience that allowed this fvck to have a top career. what pisses me off is that he has plenty to say about arsenal but has not once thanked the fans for their incredible support. he almost behaves as if he did us a favor. i dont wish ill on most people but I will have a good laugh should he get crocked again.

Tranquil (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 4:30 pm

Really wanted United to win the league last year so Nasri & co didnt.
City won.
Want City to win the league now so Judas doesnt. United going to win...

Being an Arsenal fan sucks right now!

juice man (Forum Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 4:32 pm

GDeep wrote:Wenger should put him in place about his ''8 years'' too, you ain't no Cesc mate.

What Cesc did was no better than RVP. In fact, he was more pouty and public about his desire to leave Arsenal, and his intention of leaving for only Barcelona meant we got a much lower fee that we should have.

Glovegun (Trusted Member) on January 22nd, 2013, 4:34 pm

If United win it it will be entirely down to RVP. How City do has sod all to do with Nasri.

On that basis, and the fact that the majority of Man United fans are plastics who live in Surrey and have never been to Old Trafford, I'd much rather City won it.
Next

tracker