Arsenal Transfer Rumours (Players In) - Summer 2013

Mario_Georgio (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 12:59 pm

Hey TheGooneRas

Last edited by Mario_Georgio on June 29th, 2013, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mario101 (Banned) on June 29th, 2013, 1:26 pm

Gunner_TV5 wrote:The end of next week will only be one week of the transfer window being open. Id like us to sign some top player quickly but people need to remember there would still be another month and several weeks to get players in. Yeh, there would be benefits to signing quickly but as long as we get the players, that's all that matters.

:lol: :lol: OMG why do people keep saying this. You can sign players whenever you want throughout the year. Its only the registration that is valid from the 1st of July. We could have signed 10 players in June if we wanted......its just that they couldnt play for us until 1st of July. so stop with this silly excuse

Gunner_TV5 (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 1:34 pm

I get that but on the other side of the fence, its also not the end of us getting players if it isnt done by next week, cause most our work is done in the window. There have been no big transfers with every other club yet either so its not like we're being left behind.

SiMamu (Forum Member) on June 29th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Tranfer window wouldn't be a transfer window without us being linked with...
...Gourcouff

Last edited by SiMamu on June 29th, 2013, 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David Smith (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 1:46 pm

Arteta's our most important player, he's the first name on the teamsheet.

:lol: at the suggestions he should be dropped. If you don't see the enormity of the extent to which he helps the team then you need to re-learn the basics of football.

Mario_Georgio (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 1:59 pm

Great read, will hopefully get some people feeling a bit better about our transfer prospects.

http://www.gunnerstown.com/arsenal/2013 ... t-fellaini

SiMamu (Forum Member) on June 29th, 2013, 2:12 pm

David Smith wrote:Arteta's our most important player, he's the first name on the teamsheet.

:lol: at the suggestions he should be dropped. If you don't see the enormity of the extent to which he helps the team then you need to re-learn the basics of football.

He's one of the first names. First name is Cazorla.

davidsukker (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 2:13 pm

I think our board is lying on something. I expect a few players to be announced together when the window opens. Sanogo, Higuain , Crowley , the Barcelona youngster, etc.

Mario101 (Banned) on June 29th, 2013, 2:26 pm

davidsukker wrote:I think our board is lying on something. I expect a few players to be announced together when the window opens. Sanogo, Higuain , Crowley , the Barcelona youngster, etc.

Crawley is 15 and the barca kid is 16.....are we counting them as signings as well now :shock:

dslacker (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 2:30 pm

No ways is Arteta the first name on the team sheet. Not as a CM or as a DM. He can work depending on who he is surrounded by. I'd be happy to phase him out next season.

Mitch (Forum Member) on June 29th, 2013, 2:52 pm

SiMamu wrote:
David Smith wrote:Arteta's our most important player, he's the first name on the teamsheet.

Agreed.

Mario101 (Banned) on June 29th, 2013, 2:55 pm

dslacker wrote:No ways is Arteta the first name on the team sheet. Not as a CM or as a DM. He can work depending on who he is surrounded by. I'd be happy to phase him out next season.

Arteta is the only solid midfielder we have who has any tactical knowledge. Wilshere and ramsey may be talented, but they cant control a game and dont have half the tactical knowledge Arteta has

dslacker (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 2:57 pm

That's the problem is he is good at steadying the ship but is very limited. We need a more dynamic midfield and as I said phase him out as other players like Wilshere step us with some composure.

SiMamu (Forum Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:01 pm

Wilshere in 2010/11 could do the Arteta job but with more mobility.

Artisan (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:06 pm

Mario101 wrote:Arteta is the only solid midfielder we have who has any tactical knowledge. Wilshere and ramsey may be talented, but they cant control a game and dont have half the tactical knowledge Arteta has

So lets bring in someone who can

Mitch (Forum Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:11 pm

@SamuelRhodes_: I can confirm that Arsenal are set for fresh talks with Marouane Fellaini next week, they are now in a position to offer him what he wants.

I like Fellaini and rate him highly and he is everything we hope Baptista and Diaby would be. However is worth the 22m+ & 100k a week that has been reported? I mean Fellaini wouldn't get into our strongest 11 in my opinion but would give us more depth and give us a different kind of option.

theoptimist (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:16 pm

SiMamu wrote:Wilshere in 2010/11 could do the Arteta job but with more mobility.

Although I criticize Wilshere I do believe him and Diaby are our best midfielders.

They have played well together.

We will win nothing with Ramsey and Arteta starting, I think Wenger knows this anyway, it was a make shift midfield anyway.

Mario_Georgio (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:16 pm

Mitch wrote:
@SamuelRhodes_: I can confirm that Arsenal are set for fresh talks with Marouane Fellaini next week, they are now in a position to offer him what he wants.

I like Fellaini and rate him highly and he is everything we hope Baptista and Diaby would be. However is worth the 22m+ & 100k a week that has been reported? I mean Fellaini wouldn't get into our strongest 11 in my opinion but would give us more depth and give us a different kind of option.

You serious? (Not being condescending here, just slightly baffled)

Edit: Highlights from last season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZFuxC1bdUk

He is exactly what we need in every single match.

theoptimist (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:21 pm

Strongest 11 with everyone fit and Felaini, Cesar and Higuain

----------------------Cesar---------

Jenkinson------Mertesacker-------Koscielny-----Gibbs

-------------Diaby------*Fellani----------

Walcott---------------Rosicky------------Cazorla

---------------------Higuain

I think Wenger would probably find room for Wilshere and Sagna, Rosicky and Jenkinson missing out.

Mitch (Forum Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Mario_Georgio wrote:
Mitch wrote:

You serious? (Not being condescending here, just slightly baffled)

Edit: Highlights from last season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZFuxC1bdUk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He is exactly what we need in every single match.

Ours strongest 11 would be:

------------------------------szczesny----------------------------------

Jenkinson/Sagna-----Mertesacker------Koscielny-----Monreal/Gibbs

--------------------Wilshere----------Arteta----------

Walcott--------------------Cazorla---------------------Podolski

---------------------------Higuain---------------------------------

Who would you drop for Fellaini? Arteta and Wilshere are far more intelligent footballers who are technically superior to Fellaini. Drop one of Walcott or Podi and move Cazorla out wide? Walcott and Podi are the most productive wide forwards in league and I wouldn't be prepared to drop either of them to accommodate Fellaini.

TheGlitch (Forum Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:35 pm

SiMamu wrote:

Im absolutely certain that if we bring in a midfielder he will be first on the chop list too.

theoptimist (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:37 pm

That midfield was appalling last season, Diaby is in Wengers strongest team, I am not talking about your fantasy team mate, I am talking about what the manager will do.

SiMamu (Forum Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:38 pm

theoptimist wrote:Strongest 11 with everyone fit and Felaini, Cesar and Higuain

----------------------Cesar---------

Jenkinson------Mertesacker-------Koscielny-----Gibbs

-------------Diaby------*Fellani----------

Walcott---------------Rosicky------------Cazorla

---------------------Higuain

I think Wenger would probably find room for Wilshere and Sagna, Rosicky and Jenkinson missing out.

Diaby won't be a starter. Wilshere or Arteta will be in his place.

theoptimist (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:40 pm

TheGlitch wrote:
SiMamu wrote:

Im absolutely certain that if we bring in a midfielder he will be first on the chop list too.

Everton fans couldn't careless when they sold Arteta, Felaini is twice the player so I expect him to be ahead of him.

Mario_Georgio (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:44 pm

@Mitch

Cazorla imo will be deployed out wide this season, for the last half of the season he was on the left for the majority of it.

Wilshere is (again) going to have to be slowly integrated into the team, and Fellaini has said he prefers to player deeper and more defensively which leads me to believe he will play where Arteta plays.

We saw last season that a midfield of Areta, Cazorla and Wilshere simply does not work.

TheGlitch (Forum Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:46 pm

That guy mitch either cannot count or knows nothing about football. Lool

Mitch (Forum Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Everton fans couldn't careless when they sold Arteta, Felaini is twice the player so I expect him to be ahead of him.

Fellaini:
- Is physically stronger than Arteta
- Is better in the air than Areta.

Whilst Arteta:
- is much more intelligent, composed footballer
- better defensive positioning
- better passing distribution and range of passing.
- Good set piece taker

How is fellaini twice the player of Arteta? :lol:

Mitch (Forum Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:51 pm

and Fellaini has said he prefers to player deeper and more defensively

Fellaini prefers that position it but Belgium would rather play Witsel as DCM and Moyes thought he was more effective in the ACM (which I agree with).

PersBigBoot (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 3:58 pm

------------------------------szczesny------------------

Jenkinson/Sagna-----Mertesacker------Koscielny-----Gibbs

--------------------Fellaini----------Ramsey/arteta------

Walcott----------------Wilshere/rosicky---------------Cazorla

---------------------------Higuain----------------------

Thats what i would play personally

DanceWengaDance (Lobby Member) on June 29th, 2013, 4:00 pm

gunnerblog ‏@gunnerblog 11m
French paper Le Parisien reporting that #AFC have had a €7m offer for Grenier turned down.
Previous Next

Options

tracker