Lukasz Piszczek

leo_ense (Lobby Member) on May 9th, 2013, 11:56 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

**** source I know but he's a great right back. Would pay for Sagna's plane ticket if this is true.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on May 9th, 2013, 11:58 pm

Perfect replacement for Sagna. no top clubs will be looking for a right back this summer i think we should try and sign Piszczek.

viper_001 (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 12:11 am

yousif_arsenal wrote:Perfect replacement for Sagna. no top clubs will be looking for a right back this summer i think we should try and sign Piszczek.

Dortmund are losing Gotze and Lewandowski, while Barca will probably be tapping up Hummels all summer. Under any other circumstances, I think we'd stand a great chance at getting him, but this summer they won't want to risk sending the wrong message to their other players/fans by having a fire-sale.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 12:15 am

viper_001 wrote:
yousif_arsenal wrote:Perfect replacement for Sagna. no top clubs will be looking for a right back this summer i think we should try and sign Piszczek.

Dortmund are losing Gotze and Lewandowski, while Barca will probably be tapping up Hummels all summer. Under any other circumstances, I think we'd stand a great chance at getting him, but this summer they won't want to risk sending the wrong message to their other players/fans by having a fire-sale.

i think if we make a good offer for him they will try to sell. a bid of 10-15m should be enough to force dortmund to sell in my opinion he is very good right back.

MDGoonah41 (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 12:19 am

dont think he'd leave, would love him here

Lakersgooner24 (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 12:25 am

Would be my #1 choice to replace Sagna, but not sure if Dortmund would be willing to sell. Perfect age for us as well so Jenks/Bellerin can take over in the future.

Pea-Tear-Griffin (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 12:44 am

Real Madrid? They may re-buy Carvajal though.

Sydney Gooner (Persistent Annoyance) on May 10th, 2013, 5:19 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsvWbTuvnGc

He would be the perfect replacement for Sagna right Jones?

jmsmtthw28 (Trusted Member) on May 10th, 2013, 5:38 am

BVB are unlikely to sell but will be a very good replacement

trunks206 (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 6:39 am

yousif_arsenal wrote:Perfect upgrade for Sagna. no top clubs will be looking for a right back this summer i think we should try and sign Piszczek.

Fixed for you.

I've watched a good 20+ Dortmund games the past couple of years and he (like so many of his teammates tbf) looks like quite the player. With their agressive pressing and how quickly they win the ball back to counter I'm not 100% sure how good of a natural defender he is but he's good going forward. I get pretty sick of the ball being uselessly and slowly dinked around our right hand side so having someone like Piszczek on the ball in those advanced positions would be a huge boost to our attack.

Would be prefect for us. He would be in my FM-esque wishlist squad at starting RB if we had unlimited funds but realistically RB isnt one of our major needs considering how much he'd cost. Plus as Viper said I doubt BVB is looking to have a fire sale this summer.

FinnGooner (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 7:40 am

This would be awesome, ergo not going to happen!

THunter (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 8:48 am

Best RB in the world after Lahm for me, can't see this happening.

Buhry (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 9:05 am

This would be an ideal signing to replace Sagna.

I doubt Dortmund will want to sell him though with Götze and Lewandowski allready leaving.

jmsmtthw28 (Trusted Member) on May 10th, 2013, 9:34 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ement.html

Piszczek’s contract does not expire until 2016 and would be valued at around £12 million, meaning Wenger is likely only to make a firm offer if Sagna is sold

Arsenal, however, will have their largest ever transfer budget this summer, with around £70 million directly available to Wenger. Arsenal’s financial position will be further secured when a new kit deal is confirmed, with negotiations now almost complete over a five-year partnership with Puma that will add a further £22 million to the club’s annual revenues.

Arsenal had been locked into 10-year deals with Nike and the Emirates since 2004 in order to secure the funding for their new stadium but are now entering a new period of financial strength. They have also recently agreed a front-loaded £150 million shirt sponsorship deal with Emirates.

If he's available for 12m I will sell Sagna and buy him, Sagna of a couple of season ago was WC but right now Sagna is inconsistent and 30.
If he takes the current deal then I wont mind keeping him but if he refuses the deal then sell

evoh_1 (Lobby Member) on May 10th, 2013, 9:55 am

Don't rate him that highly good going forward but that is because he is a converted winger, how he would do with walcott in front doing little defensive work is what worries me along with the fact that he is only 2 years younger than sagna.

I'd rather look elsewhere.

ArseGod (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 2:07 pm

Ha but isn't the big complaint with Sagna his lack of offense? Seems a bit hypocritical to me

MDGoonah41 (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 2:59 pm

to be honest, our requirements for our fullbacks should be:

competent defensively
excellent attacking

we need our fullbacks to create width. ideally, we'd have an attacking fullback as first choice, and his backup would be solid defensively.

evoh_1 (Lobby Member) on May 10th, 2013, 3:00 pm

Sagna may lack offensively but that doesn't mean we just want to sign dani alves? We need a sort of wingback type who can do both defensive work and play the ball well, though these sorts are rightly rare and expensive players.

Far too much hype around this player of arsenal to be looking at him, I expect real will make a mvoe for him if they don't think that carvajal is ready yet.

Floating (Trusted Member) on May 10th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Watching that video just makes it so obvious how useless Sagna is in the final third.

MDGoonah41 (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 3:10 pm

piszczek is 100x better at defending than dani ******* alves

jones (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 3:17 pm

He really isn't. Piszczek is piss poor defensively, remember when he made Song look like Messi last season, happens pretty often in the Bundesliga. He just isn't as exposed at Dortmund because the whole team (more or less) helps in defence, and because of their superior fitness level to most other teams.

MDGoonah41 (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 4:08 pm

please just let me unleash my hate against that c*** alves

Floating (Trusted Member) on May 10th, 2013, 4:18 pm

jones wrote:He really isn't. Piszczek is piss poor defensively, remember when he made Song look like Messi last season, happens pretty often in the Bundesliga. He just isn't as exposed at Dortmund because the whole team (more or less) helps in defence, and because of their superior fitness level to most other teams.

Who are the top RB's in the Bundesliga?

jones (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 5:18 pm

Lahm is obviously #1, even though he's a despicable little *****. Piszczek is great for Dortmund because he doesn't have to defend as much as in other teams, he has great stamina so does a decent enough job of running back and forth, and is decent in the final 3rd. Leverkusen's Carvajal and Frankfurt's Jung are great prospects, Carvajal has decent technique and a good final ball, Jung has his strengths in defence and is extremely fast. Not too many top RBs around other than those four.

Floating (Trusted Member) on May 10th, 2013, 5:27 pm

jones wrote:Lahm is obviously #1, even though he's a despicable little *****. Piszczek is great for Dortmund because he doesn't have to defend as much as in other teams, he has great stamina so does a decent enough job of running back and forth, and is decent in the final 3rd. Leverkusen's Carvajal and Frankfurt's Jung are great prospects, Carvajal has decent technique and a good final ball, Jung has his strengths in defence and is extremely fast. Not too many top RBs around other than those four.

Cheers mate. Haven't we been linked to Jung before? Is he competent offensively, or just athletic?

Taylor Gang Gunners (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Dani Alves is criminally underrated defensively.

jones (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 5:46 pm

Floating wrote:
jones wrote:Lahm is obviously #1, even though he's a despicable little *****. Piszczek is great for Dortmund because he doesn't have to defend as much as in other teams, he has great stamina so does a decent enough job of running back and forth, and is decent in the final 3rd. Leverkusen's Carvajal and Frankfurt's Jung are great prospects, Carvajal has decent technique and a good final ball, Jung has his strengths in defence and is extremely fast. Not too many top RBs around other than those four.

Cheers mate. Haven't we been linked to Jung before? Is he competent offensively, or just athletic?

We've been linked in the past, but I'm not too sure he'd reinforce our right side in the short run. He's similar to Gibbs in attack in that he gets involved a lot but lacks a final ball, expect both to get better with time in that aspect.

CurryFlavoured (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 5:48 pm

jones wrote:Lahm is obviously #1, even though he's a despicable little *****.

I never thought of him as a sh*t on the field, or is this your hatred for Bayern coming through?

Taylor Gang Gunners (Forum Member) on 10 minutes ago

Dani Alves is criminally underrated defensively.

When people say 'He is a shocking defender' I feel it is a bit over the top, but he can be a bit brainless in defence, man-to-man he is really good, strong in the tackle, you will rarely see him given a really hard time by a winger - but his main problem is positionally he is a bit of a clown, especially from crosses where I've seen him go walkabout a good few times. Now Dani Alves, he is a sh*t!

jones (Forum Member) on May 10th, 2013, 5:56 pm

CurryFlavoured wrote:

I never thought of him as a sh*t on the field, or is this your hatred for Bayern coming through?

He's a disgusting attention-seeking ****, always the first to run to the reporters after a match, regardless of how he played. Acts a real **** on the pitch more often than not, and is generally an extremely annoying person in interviews, talks way too much **** about things he doesn't know anything about like politics or football.

Dokaka (Forum Member) on May 12th, 2013, 4:27 am

jones wrote:
CurryFlavoured wrote:

He's a disgusting attention-seeking ****, always the first to run to the reporters after a match, regardless of how he played. Acts a real **** on the pitch more often than not, and is generally an extremely annoying person in interviews, talks way too much **** about things he doesn't know anything about like politics or football.

So he's a proper captain? Don't see anything wrong with that honestly, removes some of the pressure from the other players.

I like Lahm. Takes responsibility on the pitch, he's intelligent and he's a generous guy as well. The amount of charity work he does is fantastic.

Calling him a **** is just weird imo. Never put a foot wrong I reckon, at least compared to most other footballers. Very low key, hasn't had any scandals and does his job to perfection.
Next

tracker