EPL | Chelsea vs Arsenal | Sat 22nd March | 12:45 | BT

redwhiteAustrian (Global Moderator) on March 16th, 2014, 7:45 pm

After our derby-victory, which ended a poor set of results at WHL that went back to 2007, we now face our next demon of the past in Mourinho's Chelsea. Our recent record at Stamford Brigde is nothing to be proud of either, and Wenger's against Mourinho is as abysmal as they get, so we really face a tough task.

A win here and we're back in with a serious chance for the title, a draw could already mark an end to our challenge, a defeat most certainly.

Come on Arsenal!

DanDare (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 7:46 pm

Think they'l win unfortunately.

Spurs aren't good. Chelsea are better than Spurs and also Mourinho knows how to set up to beat Arsenal.

mo50 (Elite Member) on March 16th, 2014, 7:48 pm

Too many injuries for us to do damage.

In the unlikely scenario that we win this, It'd be our biggest win in years. I'd love nothing more than to inflict pain on Mourinho.

THunter (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 7:51 pm

Don't think we'll get a win but if there's any footballing Gods out there then they'll give Wenger a win on his 1000th game in charge.

Come on you *****!

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 7:52 pm

we need to end this special c**t unbeaten run it will be 1000 game for Arsène at Arsenal so i hope we make something special. it will be so tough game the team who will finish their chances will win the game because both team have average/decent attack. we just have to try shut Hazard.

Scezcney

Sagna Kosh Mertesacker Gibbs

Arteta Flamini

OX Cazorla Poldi

Giroud

just try not to lose the game guys.

Proof (Trusted Member) on March 16th, 2014, 7:53 pm

Wenger should not shake Mourinho's hand. They dislike each other anyway.

Arai (Trusted Member) on March 16th, 2014, 7:55 pm

They will have to play this coming midweek while our players will have a good rest. The chance to win is still there even it is very slim.

Realisticly a draw would be a good result but still hoping that we can beat them to destroy Maureen's ego.. 8))

The Jury (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 7:56 pm

Certain we wont lose. Draw not really good enough, but who knows? They really aren't all that, as they've shown' but we have to get over the mental block if we're to win.

I think winning would give me a feeling 2nd only to winning a major trophy. No league game win on record will have ever been as satisfying.

THunter (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 7:56 pm

Oh and I ******* hate 12.45 games on BT, the only one we won was the Palace game, the other two I can remember we got smashed at City and Liverpool.

darkgunner (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 7:58 pm

Hopefully Ramsey can at least make it onto the bench for this game, but I think it might be too soon. Oh well, it'll just have to be Kallstrom who will save our day then.

DasBootist (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:01 pm

We need to carry the momentum from today's victory into the chavs game. Villa made things a lot more interesting and proved that the current Chelski can be got at.

redwhiteAustrian (Global Moderator) on March 16th, 2014, 8:02 pm

It's Wenger's 1.000th game in charge against one of his most hated rivals (I'd assume), in a season were his team can go all the way to the title to end nearly a decade without a trophy......it doesn't get any bigger than this I'm afraid.

The team will be up for it for sure, out there to prove a point.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:04 pm

today win is important going to Chelsea game it just about time we get lucky they are missing Willian and this c**t Ramires. we have a chance to get the points but we need to be extremely focus from the start and not start the game like we did against Liverpool City away.

McIntyre (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:05 pm

Proof wrote:Wenger should not shake Mourinho's hand. They dislike each other anyway.

Hopefully Mourinho will be banned anyway. He should be if the FA have the cojones.

Although, if he appeals any charge he might be available for the game regardless.

Johnny_Blaze (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:06 pm

I'm going to try to savour the next few days because I just can't see anything other than a routine 0-2 loss.

Hopefully I'll have the chance to laugh at these vermin if Galatasaray knock them out.

Johnny_Blaze (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:08 pm

yousif_arsenal wrote:they are missing Willian and this c**t Ramires

Ramires is a miss, but Willian is such a nothing player. They'll probably be more dangerous with Oscar or that ugly German in his place.

Tir Na Nog (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:10 pm

Awwww yeah!

This is THE game, this is it, this is the game were we can show just what we're made of.... this is the game we smash these b@st@rds, end Moaninho's Stamford Bridge record and we show we're capable of being champions!

I cannot wait for this game.

yousif_arsenal (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:11 pm

Johnny_Blaze wrote:
yousif_arsenal wrote:they are missing Willian and this c**t Ramires

Ramires is a miss, but Willian is such a nothing player. They'll probably be more dangerous with Oscar or that ugly German in his place.

Agree they still have good players, but i think their main man at the moment is the New Messi yeah Hazard we should do everything to stop him.

GDeep (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:13 pm

We have nothing to hurt Chelsea with, not being negative but injuries have handicapped us. The most we'll do is probably edge possession.

We'll have to hear the 'Wenger failure' comments from the Sky lot before the game, and stuff like 'Mourinho masterclass' after it. Guys on here will be hinting to that sort of stuff when posting in the Wenger thread post game.

All very predictable.

Last edited by GDeep on March 16th, 2014, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pires7_Legend (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:14 pm

Willian and Ramires are suspended! Cole and David Luiz are doubts! Hopefully Galatasaray will give them hell during week so they will be proper ****** for saturday! We need to win this game but draw wont be bad either!

a_fourteen (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:17 pm

If we win at The Bridge:
1. We bring in Wenger's 1000th game in style
2. Beat Mourinho for the first time
3. End Mourinho's 74 game unbeaten home record
4. Close the gap to one point

Plenty to play for.

SiMamu (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:17 pm

--------------Szczesny
Sagna-Mertesacker-Koscielny-Gibbs
----------Flamini-Cazorla
Chamberlain----Rosicky----Podolski
---------------Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Arteta, Monreal, Sanogo, Jenkinson, Ganbry

onetowatch (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:18 pm

This is the biggest game of our season thus far. A win would be ******* huge.

So much in the backdrop...Arsène's 1000th game, Maureen's record on line, Arsène having never beaten the ****, the recent spat between them...

I don't think Chelsea are anything special but we have some key injuries. For once well go into a big game with pretty much a full weeks rest. That, coupled with Chelsea playing midweek, give me hope that we can win. The key will, as ever, be to defend well and hopefully nick something. It'll be a tight game again.

Dokaka (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:18 pm

GDeep wrote:We have nothing to hurt Chelsea with, not being negative but injuries have handicapped us. The most we'll do is probably edge possession.

We'll have to hear the 'Wenger failure' comments from the Sky lot before the game, and stuff like 'Mourinho masterclass' after it. Guys on here will be hinting to that sort of stuff when posting in the Wenger thread post game.

All very predictable.

Yeah pretty much this. Will get hyped for this game closer to match day as always but it's all in the cards sadly.

Mourinho has always had Wenger's number and with the plethora of injuries right now, you'd have to be outstanding to just salvage a draw.

If you win this game, I'll change my avatar to a picture of Avram Grant.

Pires7_Legend (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:21 pm

Woijech

Sagna
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Gibbs

Arteta
Flamini
Cazorla

Oxlade
Podolski
Giroud

jones (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:46 pm

a_fourteen wrote:3. End Mourinho's 74 game unbeaten home record

That record was beaten by Sporting Gijón two or three years ago.

THunter (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:53 pm

I need to know fabo's prediction for this, it affects my confidence ahead of these games.

*prays he thinks we'll win*

dka91 (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 8:55 pm

Dokaka wrote:
Yeah pretty much this. Will get hyped for this game closer to match day as always but it's all in the cards sadly.

Mourinho has always had Wenger's number and with the plethora of injuries right now, you'd have to be outstanding to just salvage a draw.

If you win this game, I'll change my avatar to a picture of Avram Grant.

True. I suppose we still have a wildcard threat in that Podolski has one of the best strikes of a ball in the EPL (if not the best) and if he gets a sniff we could sneak a goal.

That along with a strong defensive performance and you never know.....

SA Gunner (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 9:06 pm

I just dont see a victory here.

Oxlade Chamberlain possibly represents a threat here, but other than that I dont see much else.

rich 1990 (Forum Member) on March 16th, 2014, 9:23 pm

Don't really share the negativity, to be honest. It's understandable, given the record against Chelsea and Mourinho but we're going to beat him eventually so why not after a tough European game for them and a rest up for us? We're coming off the back of a good week whilst they had a mare against Villa. Previous Chelsea sides would look to bounce back hard but i don't put this current team in the same bracket and there's areas to give encouragement. Our centre backs are certainly capable of repelling their attacks and our midfield certainly stacks up against their's. Ir'll be a tight game, probably decided by who can get the best out of their limited striking options. I think we'll nick it. Wenger's 1000th game, what better way to celebrate then to beat that **** at last?
Next

Options

tracker

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php