• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

“We need another player who gets 10 or 15 goals" - Wenger

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Michael Gooner @MickTheGooner · Apr 6
Wenger: “We need another player who gets 10 or 15 goals but we have a good mentality. There is something happening. You can see that.” #AFC

So we're going for a new CF/Winger or he's talking about our in house forwards? It sounds like a new signing to me. If so does this spell the end for Walcott? Campbell? Podolski?

Danskin

Established Member
Walcott is perfectly capable of scoring 10/15 goals per season. So is Ramsey and Welbeck.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
I'd happily take Austin here, 15 goals at a **** QPR is an excellent return. Makes a lot of his goals as well

a_fourteen

Established Member
Julian Draxler. He can be as good as Hazard. Has pace, power, link up, dribbling, strikes well and can unsettle a defense with his movement. Has everything and is only 21.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think he'll be looking at whoever plays on the right hand side to be that man. Currently we seem to be rotating between Özil, Ramsey and Welbeck who plays that role. While Alexis from the left and Giroud from centre are providing their share of goals, who ever has played at the right hand side has not really produced the same numbers. Whether that is in house from Ox, Welbeck, Walcott or a new signing, I don't know.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Alexis
Giroud
Ramsey

He wants one of the other two attacking players to get 15 goals, it won't be Özil so it has to either Ox, Welbeck or that 20 goal player we have on the bench most weeks, Walcott.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Isn't that a quote from his press conference on Thursday? I swear he meant someone already at the club. Welbeck should be that player tbh, I was happy when he signed but he's been disappointing so far. Even when he had an open goal to aim at against United I still thought he'd miss.

I think Theo can score 15+ a season, but obviously his fitness is a worry. I'd also like to see Oxlade-Chamberlain score more, he's got a great shot on him and he showed against Anderlecht he's not a bad finisher.

Danskin

Established Member
Yeah, Ox needs to be scoring more as well. He's done very well and he's a very dangerous and exciting player but his goalscoring record is a bit ridiculous. I think he has 10/15 goals per season in him as well, but he needs to show it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
After Giroud and Sanchez we have no regular goal scorers. Theo, but you feel his game now lacks for Wenger with Welbeck about.

Ramsey chips in, but Wenger wants another goal getter in the team. Pires, Ljunberg, Bergkamp, Henry situation. Welbeck and Ox can step up or Wenger will buy

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not sure about Austin.

Giroud, Welbeck and Austin? What you going to win witg that strike force?

Utd linked with Cavani, I think he scores for fun in the right set up

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's seen the light. He's at last trying to replicate our best teams of years gone by. I blame Coquelin.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If Ox can add goals in his game he'll be really great player.

i think Dybala can score at least 15 goals a season and would be very useful in our squad can play anywhere upfront. i only can see us buying Dybala if we sell Walcott.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
it will be a LWF so Alexis can move to his prefered RWF position.

Alexis Sanchez: "I love to play any of those three positions (striker, left wing and CAM), but I’m a little more comfortable on the left because it allows me to face defenders. It is easier to score goals."

Most footballers prefer to be able to cut inside, Alexis no different. Unless you've no skill like Theo Walcott of course.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom