• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Victor Wanyama

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/23/Arsèn...or-wanyama-talks-up-arsenal-transfer-5162904/

The Southampton midfielder was a target for the Gunners when he was at Celtic two years ago.

He ended up moving to St Mary’s instead for £12million and, after proving himself in the Premier League, Wanyama now says Arsenal are interested again and a move is on the cards.

‘Wenger has been talking about me,’ he told the Sun.

‘He has let it be known he would like to sign me this summer.

Well this should make bingobob happy if it's true. Though that he is so openly talking about it does make it seem like bs, but it's a direct quote from the player himself so thought it warranted a new thread.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
I don't think he is a upgrade on Coquelin, while he has proven himself at Southampton.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Usually our targets are told to keep stum, so seems unlikely.

He would physicality and competition for Coq though while probably not being very expensive.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Will do well with Wilshere and Crowley for our reserves.

No, seriously, this guy has no business in a big club whatsoever. Would rather go for Kouyate, who's 10 times the player, if we're looking for midtable "beast".

Jae

He's a decent player who's proven himself at Southampton, but we should still be aiming higher. With the likes of Schneiderlin and Gundogan potentially available we should be trying for them (although they are more DLP'S than DM's)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I don't think he is a upgrade on Coquelin, while he has proven himself at Southampton.

Are we looking for an upgrade on Coquelin or someone to play alongside? Personally I think its the latter. When you think how he has played since Jan, I expect even more next season, this makes it not only hard to find an upgrade but also unnecessary.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This would be a terrible buy, getting Schneiderlin is one thing but Wanyama would be a Sp**s/Pool signing. The lad is absolute gash on the ball, his poor man's Yaya Toure impression wowed everyone at Celtic but he's in no way a top shelf DM.

Barney2k

I echo everyone's sentiments here - He's not good enough for AFC.

Good player for the Saints and I do actually think he's got some talent, but I still don't think he's got the ability to play at the top level with a club like us.

By the way he's already taken to Twitter to claim it's bollocks anyway:

https://twitter.com/VictorWanyama/status/591166720766783488

"I have to make it clear that I have not said what as been brought up today am professional and will never say that."

https://twitter.com/VictorWanyama/status/591168639178506240

"To cut the story short have never spoken to Wenger"

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
We got Coquelin for now and he will a good DMF for coming years.

Need a quality back up perhaps.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We got Coquelin for now and he will a good DMF for coming years.

Need a quality back up perhaps.

We need a player who can back up and play alongside. It would be very difficult to bring a quality player in if they knew they were just back up, they would rather go elsewhere, Sp**s for eg, and be a starter! :)

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
We need a player who can back up and play alongside. It would be very difficult to bring a quality player in if they knew they were just back up, they would rather go elsewhere, Sp**s for eg, and be a starter! :)

This is what I've been saying and is why I don't think Schneiderlin is at all likely, he isn't good enough on the ball to play as a B2B at a top club.

Gundogan, Illara, Aranguiz or Kondogbia are far better ball players so could play with Coq and are good enough to play as DMs alongside say Ramsey or Wilshere.

If we signed Wanyama he'd be signed as a back up. We won't do that, I don't think. Aranguiz would probably happily accept a squad role.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Never played like Yaya Toure at Celtic so don't know where that comes from, he broke up play and moved the ball on. Decent technique only 23 the man we are missing.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I like him. Seems to have a lot of the right ingredients. I think he suites us far more than Schneiderlin does.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
This is what I've been saying and is why I don't think Schneiderlin is at all likely, he isn't good enough on the ball to play as a B2B at a top club.

Gundogan, Illara, Aranguiz or Kondogbia are far better ball players so could play with Coq and are good enough to play as DMs alongside say Ramsey or Wilshere.

If we signed Wanyama he'd be signed as a back up. We won't do that, I don't think. Aranguiz would probably happily accept a squad role.

Yes I've been saying it too, in many threads. I dont want Wanyama, in case you thought I did. The players you mention I agree with, I posted only yesterday in the Kondogbia thread saying the same, I also added perhaps Ramsey has been tried on the right to see if he can be moved from his current position, to make room for Kondogbia alongside Coq.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Yes I've been saying it too, in many threads. I dont want Wanyama, in case you thought I did. The players you mention I agree with, I posted only yesterday in the Kondogbia thread saying the same, I also added perhaps Ramsey has been tried on the right to see if he can be moved from his current position, to make room for Kondogbia alongside Coq.

I'm warming to Kondogbia, a 6'3 quick powerful midfielder who's tactically solid with good close control and looks to move the ball forward quickly really adds a different dimension. And probably the prospect that could potentially emulate this type of performance.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Think if he was Wenger type, we would've snapped him up instead of Southampton when he left Celtic after those top performances in the league & cl. Don't see any substance behind this. Nonsense rumor.

tim08

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...nal-make-transfer-southamptons-victor-6989309

YES PLEASE. Would be a fantastic signing IMO, would be a great Coquelin replacement and would add such power and strength to our side, something we have missed since the days of Vieira. I know people argue he isn't good enough technically, but he always impresses me when I see him play and is good enough to keep play ticking over in a possession orientated Southampton side.

He may not be everybody's cup of tea, but he would be a major upgrade on Flamini/Arteta/Chambers and would add such aggression and bite to our midfield - something we sorely miss without Le Coq. Southampton are also scouting Imbula as it appears they are resigned to losing Wanyama.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Will do well with Wilshere and Crowley for our reserves.

No, seriously, this guy has no business in a big club whatsoever. Would rather go for Kouyate, who's 10 times the player, if we're looking for midtable "beast".

Spot on as usual tbh.

Reactions: A_G

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Meh, he only has the physical attributes, other than that he falls short of what is required here.

Top Bottom