• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry: The King Stay The King

a_fourteen

Established Member
Rex Banner said:
a_fourteen said:
Henry doesnt have the patience for management. He would quickly get frustrated, sulk, have tantrums, throw his toys out of the pram and be a general pain.

:shock:

Bit out of nowhere mate, didn't sulk much for us did he?
erm, yeah he did. a lot actually.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He was a bit of a mare at times. He was a winner, and when things were going against him, or us, he could be a right moaner.

When he had that abdominal injury before he left, I didn't want him to come back, as I felt he was putting too much pressure on our young side. Saying that, the period also coincided with the break up of his marriage, so that may have been a reason he was a pain in the arse. I still think Wenger gave him time off to clear his head, more than anything else.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Rex Banner said:
a_fourteen said:
Henry doesnt have the patience for management. He would quickly get frustrated, sulk, have tantrums, throw his toys out of the pram and be a general pain.

:shock:

Bit out of nowhere mate, didn't sulk much for us did he?

Part of the reason we sold him in the end , as Jury said was a nightmare at times towards the end especially.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He had Reyes and Eboue shook. I think the king was frustrated by too many jokers around him, in the final days.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well this thread has ruined the image of my childhood icon, think I'll go cry myself to sleep.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

GDeep said:
He had Reyes and Eboue shook. I think the king was frustrated by too many jokers around him, in the final days.

Gave Lauren a frightful pasting a couple of times too.

BobP

Memri Fan
That's what made him the player he was though, incredibly high standards leading to a high expectation of all those around him which did more harm than good especially as the players he peaked with either left the club or were very much relegated to the periphery and younger guys started moving in.

Having something like that with a young team can be either fantastic as it makes clear to them the standards that are expected or if it goes to far can be overbearing thus resulting in the youngster being so intimidated that they fail to express themselves and play to their best ability.

I still think a few players from that period should've been retained, Cole, Toure, Gilberto, Henry would have been ideal. I still have nightmares over Cole's departure, class player and with a personality every team has to have, a nasty ****er who will do all he can to win at all costs. Could have been captain and been a shining example for the younger guys coming up.

Mastadon

Established Member
That's Ashley Cole right? How exactly and in what way would he be a shining example? He was a world class LB without a doubt a class act on the pitch but nothing in his life suggests that he is someone to emulate off the pitch.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I guess Thierry is still getting trained to do the pundit job at Sky, but till now he's been quite boring tbh.

He mostly states the obvious, he is too humble and seems not willing to get into a debate. Last week, when Chelsea got kicked out and the debate about Chelsea surrounding the ref to influence Ibra's red card, Souness was ripping into foreign players diving trend. I was expecting Thierry to unleash into him and hoping he would point that English darlings Gerrard and Rooney are also serial divers. Instead he chose to remain humble and went on with the tune, just stating few obvious things.

In comparison to Neville, who does some enlightening match analysis with screen dashboards etc... Thierry has so far disappointed.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
albakos said:
I guess Thierry is still getting trained to do the pundit job at Sky, but till now he's been quite boring tbh.

He mostly states the obvious, he is too humble and seems not willing to get into a debate. Last week, when Chelsea got kicked out and the debate about Chelsea surrounding the ref to influence Ibra's red card, Souness was ripping into foreign players diving trend. I was expecting Thierry to unleash into him and hoping he would point that English darlings Gerrard and Rooney are also serial divers. Instead he chose to remain humble and went on with the tune, just stating few obvious things.

In comparison to Neville, who does some enlightening match analysis with screen dashboards etc... Thierry has so far disappointed.

He's had his moments - I thought he was great in the Barca-Man City game - picked out some of Suarez work that most would have missed. But he's been very understated so far. I reckon he'll grow into it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Neville's overrated to f*ck, he goes off on some really weird rants sometimes, the guy hates exciting games, if it isn't a dull 0-0 he sounds genuinely pissed. I think he's started to believe his own hype as well.

Carra has really impressed me this year, atrocious accent aside he has G Nev beat hands down in the punditry game.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Rex Banner said:
Neville's overrated to f*ck, he goes off on some really weird rants sometimes, the guy hates exciting games, if it isn't a dull 0-0 he sounds genuinely pissed. I think he's started to believe his own hype as well.

Carra has really impressed me this year, atrocious accent aside he has G Nev beat hands down in the punditry game.

Agree with this. Neville's really started to piss me off as of late.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
A good time to bump this thread. :)

I guess the old saying of : Great players do not always make a great manager/coach/pundit etc... seems a bit true on Henry. Same goes for Wrighty, Smith etc...

His comments about Hernandez celebrating a Ronaldo goal were pretty pathetic tbh and they sounded too odd that night, as the focus was completely elsewhere during after match analysis.

If we're talking about a player who often milked the crap out of a celebration, then Henry certainly falls into that category. He celebrated the Ireland handball assist as a lunatic, so there's no place to criticize others about smaller issues.

Then his criticism of Arsenal and Özil in particular. Özil did not have his best match yesterday, but he was the one trying to find spaces for runners and was the one who could make a difference on our team yesterday.
Probably his inner fire in belly for Arsenal to succeed contradicts too much with the pre-scripted Sky narrative. So I guess he sounds strange during his analysis while his talking points are way off.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Out of all our ex players Pires, Keown and Parlour have been the only likeable ones for me so far.
Pires has some interesting tidbits every now and then about players at the club since he still trains with us, he also seems smart about the game. Keown seems to be the most knowledgeable and Parlour is the most entertaining.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Should've gone into management like Vieira or zidane instead of sharing a couch with Souness and carragher. You are the company you keep.

Top Bottom