• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zel Time has come

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_fourteen

Established Member
North5 said:
So people think he had no citizenship before applying for the US one at 17? :lol:
No jacka.ss. He had German citizenship and therefore EU residency and didn't need a work permit. Without his German passport he loses his residency and hence the question of a work permit.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Too slender, like playing with those kids down the park who are really good but you know any slight contact and they go flying. Needs to mature physically.

GabeGooner

Too slender, like playing with those kids down the park who are really good but you know any slight contact and they go flying. Needs to mature physically.
His vision is very good, but passing is too ambitious and he doesn't have the power in his legs to deliver the ball to its intended target. Once he works on that, he'll be a good player. He's super, super calm in possession; and makes space for himself to pass the ball. Hopefully he'll continue to develop!

Impact

Established Member
Exciting talent. He just needs to develop physically and he'll be taking Arteta/Flamini's spot in a few seasons.

Impact

Established Member
That was a reference to spot in the squad as opposed to strictly being about his position. I think he'll play deeper in midfield. I don't see him as a number 10 at all. Reminds me of a Verrati/Busquests type.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Ozileque performance although showed Zidane like control at times. A level above at this level but there are levels and yes at PL he maybe a tad slight. Although it didn't bother the likes of Silva.

I hope we get his contract locked down, he's going to be a top player some day.

phenn

He needs to put on weight but he has a decent frame for it and he's still very young. Also a bit one-footed at the moment in terms of his passes but my word his composure and fluidity on the ball is sensational. Also a very good passer. Excited to see him through the rest of this tourney.

Think a year on loan--especially in the Championship--would either break him in half or make him a man. Don't think he could play in the prem this coming season but at that age the body can develop fast and 16-17 is a real possibility.

The herky-jerky way he uses his shoulders really reminds me of Özil.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Great talent, now lets just leave him to keep maturing. Wish him all the best with his health, really do believe in about 3 years from now he could come and make some noise and difference. Makes you smile to think he might be the man to replace Santi once the Spaniard gets to age

Mastadon

Established Member
That's a very impressive performance looks very comfortable on the ball. Soft of like a tall skinny Santi the way he handles possession. Definitely a very talented kid with big potential.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Looking good, im liking the talent we have to come through for the future to the first team

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
What impressed me the most was his apparent willingness to take responsibility on the ball. That showed the most encouragement. If he can become a tad more decisive and improve his ball-winning, he could be a shoe-in for that deep CM spot. He has elements of Cazorla with the way he shields the ball, albeit perhaps a tad one-footed compared with our ambidextrous Spaniard. It's easy to compare him to a player, but I think he's his own player, has different elements of different players. Best to supplement them for the team. I think CM more than AM would be great.

I did enjoy some of the tricks he was pulling off, showing that he does indeed have some good dribbling in his locker.

a_fourteen

Established Member
His passing is sublime. The weight of the ball and accuracy is already top drawer. He picks out a runner behind a crowd of defenders and somehow manages to squeeze the ball through. He also keeps the ball very well. Can turn away from his marker with relative easy. To me the step up is not physical but whether he can operate with less time on the ball. In the PL he will be denied the time he currently has to make choices and play balls. Can he do it faster and more instinctively? To be seen.

chessygoal

Reading your comments, I was expecting a bit more of his performance. I mean each time he received a ball he had a solid 10 seconds completely free from an opponent(and it's not like he created that time by his movement/dribbling).
But kudos for a nice Rabona!
Hopefully he'll go on loan soon.

Calypso_Boy

played very well, showed sublime movement and awarenss which made it seem like he always had time. I'd like him to become a bit more expansive in his passing (didnt play 1 long pass in the whole game) but it's clear that he's a top talent.

Needs to bulk up but judging from his frame it seems like he's just naturally very skinny, a bit like kos. Would like to see more of a defensive game from him also.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
He's got a lot of developing to do but shows glimpses of real quality. He's never really stood out in the youth games I watched but Wenger likes him and sees enough in him. He does need to bulk up though.

He's got a lot of developing to do but shows glimpses of real quality. He's never really stood out in the youth games I watched but Wenger likes him and sees enough in him. He does need to bulk up though.

I never get this bulk up thing. I mean do David Silva needs to bulk up? Or Walcott?

I thing players need to mature more and know limit of their strength and use it better more than bulking up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom