• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Zel Time has come

Status
Not open for further replies.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I never get this bulk up thing. I mean do David Silva needs to bulk up? Or Walcott?

I thing players need to mature more and know limit of their strength and use it better more than bulking up...

Fill out then, his frame is svelte, he's too slight for the hustle & bustle of the EPL midfield at present but I imagine he will as he matures. Walcott's bulked up big time but I imagine that's because he's filled out as he's matured.

infineon

Established Member
I never get this bulk up thing. I mean do David Silva needs to bulk up? Or Walcott?

I thing players need to mature more and know limit of their strength and use it better more than bulking up...
I think bulking up is just a catch all term to mean generally developing your core strength and power. Make you a little stronger in the challenge and give you a bit more pace over the first few yards.

a_fourteen

Established Member
The bulk up thing is nonsense. Özil, Modric, Silva are all similar in build but dominate the PL. What he needs is an engine to carry him 90 minutes and intelligence to find open spaces to operate in the way Özil does. Anyways he is not as slight as people think. He's 5 feet 11 inches tall and 70 kilos in weight. Cazolra in comparison is 5ft 5in and 67 kgs.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's not nonsense. Zelalem does need to get stronger though - today was a prime example. Ukraine did a very disciplined and physical job on him and he found it difficult to get in the game. It was an interesting tactical match, particularly for an U20 game.

He was decent when he did have the ball, but it's clear that he's not on the wavelength of his teammates. Perhaps the drawback of deciding to play for USA - not enough of that team are on the same wavelength. He was passing to where players should have moved to at times.

Zelalem doesn't need to worry about having an engine, his aerobic capacity rivals the fittest in our squad. What he lacks is power, and I feel that if he develops more of it, his game will improve exponentially. He doesn't necessarily have to become big and stocky, but he does need to develop some power, in terms of core strength, and his running power. Too often he cannot beat players when they are physical against him.

He will need to get a bit street-smart, and that not only includes developing some power - as Özil himself who was mentioned has had to do this season - but also in terms of dealing with disciplined teams who mark him out of the game. He can create space when he's on the ball - he has to learn to create space when he's not on it. Particularly if he's going to play deeper, when teams may look to push up on him.

a_fourteen

Established Member
It's not nonsense. Zelalem does need to get stronger though - today was a prime example. Ukraine did a very disciplined and physical job on him and he found it difficult to get in the game. It was an interesting tactical match, particularly for an U20 game.

He was decent when he did have the ball, but it's clear that he's not on the wavelength of his teammates. Perhaps the drawback of deciding to play for USA - not enough of that team are on the same wavelength. He was passing to where players should have moved to at times.

Zelalem doesn't need to worry about having an engine, his aerobic capacity rivals the fittest in our squad. What he lacks is power, and I feel that if he develops more of it, his game will improve exponentially. He doesn't necessarily have to become big and stocky, but he does need to develop some power, in terms of core strength, and his running power. Too often he cannot beat players when they are physical against him.

He will need to get a bit street-smart, and that not only includes developing some power - as Özil himself who was mentioned has had to do this season - but also in terms of dealing with disciplined teams who mark him out of the game. He can create space when he's on the ball - he has to learn to create space when he's not on it. Particularly if he's going to play deeper, when teams may look to push up on him.
ok ok so youre smarter than me. no need to show off.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Zelalem isn't as small as Santi or Silva either, he has a high centre of gravity and little strength so he gets easily knocked of the ball.

Mastadon

Established Member
Its obviously better to have a body like Alexis over a body like Modric whatever position you play in. You might not really need it but I'm sure it helps.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's best to have talent first of all, you can work on the rest. Zelalem clearly has exceptional talent and still has a few years to develop and improve in other areas.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Its obviously better to have a body like Alexis over a body like Modric whatever position you play in. You might not really need it but I'm sure it helps.
Interestingly, Alexis only weighs a kilo less than Zelalem, despite being 4 inches smaller.

MrBump

Things you need in order......

Intelligence
Work ethic
Pace

You can train or build everything else

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Things you need in order......

Intelligence
Work ethic
Pace

You can train or build everything else

And yet here we are in a world where Adriano had none of those things but still won the Serie A golden boot and was great.

Most important for any player is technique and composure.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think you can improve your pace too, Lampard did it apparently. Not drastically but you can improve that aspect too.

I think technique and talent is the most important thing to have by ages 18/19 and even early 20's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom